04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

35 minutes ago, spliff said:

coma wasn't as bad as I expected.. he gave it the old college try.. I think they'll probably drop it tonight though and play yesterdays or don't cry

I REALLY hope not...

I'm positively surprised about Axl's Coma performance, he struggled on some parts but at the end part he surprisingly managed to finish te song with a real old school rasp... it was not THAT hard for him... YCBM  or PC is much much harder for him these days and that part from 4:29 (no one's  gonna bother me anymore") when the bassline still chugging and Axl's voice come in... it was... so natural, so AXL 100% i can admit i shed a little tear how he managed to pull that part out like it was 1993 all over again.... so i'm willing to cut some slack for  the mickey parts

and the band... the band did an awesome job, Slash nailed every part and i can safely say that this was the first time he played his parts right

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

well that's the truth... perhaps unreleased chinese democracy material could quench your thirst until the new album is released....

Right. I want them to put out CD2 with Slash/Duff's contributions. Then work hard on the best brand new material they can create. 

But I do agree with you it's awesome to see songs like Coma showing up again and it's amazing to hear Slash play November/Estranged, etc. 

Ok guys, I need a little help here. Anyone here have the signature VIP package? How are you supposed to get your picture? See here's the thing, I did not have it, but played dumb and ended up backstage and onstage where they were taking pictures of us, and I sure would like to find a way to get that. If anyone could PM me or something, I sure would be appreciative. Thanks

Looks and sounds like GnR hit a home run last night. That's exactly what they needed to sell a lot of tickets on the upcoming tour. Great to see the positive reviews everywhere. 

The only thing they need to do now is add some NEW material to the setlist. 

7 minutes ago, Strange Broue said:

Slash nailed every part and i can safely say that this was the first time he played his parts right

I can safely say he played his parts right every time he played with SMKC. It's weird seeing people write such comments even if Slash messed up a little his on of the most recognizable solo in November Rain. But we're all emotional here, I get it.

Edited by Ralphelmo

20 minutes ago, DIST said:

I never thought I would hear Slash play like that again..it is just unbelievable, I saw him with SMKC and was so disappointed, but seeing last nights footage it felt like watching for the first time the Tokyo 92 vhs when I was 13 years old and was enchanted by the top hatted one.

This tour is gonna be about one man...SLASH.

This is slash at the top of his game right now imo. He is killing everything and playing at another level then he did with Myles Kennedy. Not to say he wasn't great there but this is taking up a notch. For coming out and playing Estranged and November Rain for the first time in over 20 years and killing both of them is amazing. Those songs aren't easy to do playing them night in and night out let alone playing them for the first time in 23 years.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Gibbo 27 said:

Finally, Better got the MEMORABLE intro riff (from a solo section lol) what it deserved years ago.... i can tell you if the song came out with this intro and with Slash on it, it would be considered as a classic from Chinese

and Axl haven't tried to perform the song rightly since 2006,  he was on autopilot in the last 10 years but now... He seems interested again

God, this hybrid line up will save the GNR name, for sure

I'm officiialy have zero objections to CD songs with Slash... he fits in

I'm curious if they ever try TWAT on the actual live show, though. Seems like Axl (or Slash) wasn't ready just yet

Edited by Strange Broue

Wow been watching the clips and this seems epic!!!! Love Slash's take on the TWaT and Better solos. CD and TIL were decent. So happy they played Estranged. Friggin Coma???!!! Godamn I hope that becomes a regular!

duff deserves a fuckin medal for making this all happen!

It seems obvious to say because unlike singing, it's a skill that doesn't necessarily decline with age, but Slash is 10x the guitar player he was in Guns. His original songwriting remains as meh, but his leads and knack for melody is at an all time high as well as technical ability. It should be no surprise why the CD songs sound better with him. He's a guitar legend for a reason.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

I can safely say he played his parts right every time he played with SMKC. It's weird seeing people write such comments even if Slash messed up a little his on of the most recognizable solo in November Rain. But we're all emotional here, I get it.

Listened to it and maybe a little at the end but it is very hard to tell without listening for it. Still an absolutely amazing performance for not playing that solo in 23 years.

Just now, Strange Broue said:

Finally, Better got the MEMORABLE intro riff (from a solo section lol) what it deserved years ago.... i can tell you if the song came out with this intro and with Slash on it, it would be considered as a classic from Chinese

and Axl haven't tried to perform the song rightly since 2006,  he was on autopilot in the last 10 years but now... He seems interested again

God, this hybrid line up will save the GNR name, for sure

I'm officiialy have zero objections to CD songs with Slash... he fits in

I'm curious if they ever try TWAT, though. Seems like Axl wasn't ready just yet

I just posted there was a time above

5 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

I was talking about Coma....

he never did Coma after 93

and i follow SMKC closely went to every show sine the start (3 shows) and his playing is improved each year... seems like sobriety can bring out the best out of him