04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

5 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Does anyone know who you have to contact in order to get a press accredetationnfor the show? Gnr management or the venue?

Good luck with that!  I'd try Axs first, not sure you'll get much info from the genius that runs PR for GnR

3 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

Does anyone know who you have to contact in order to get a press accredetation for the show? Gnr management or the venue?

Probably the promoter.....for a general press pass, anyway.  Anything more than that, probably the G N' R camp.

5 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

Does anyone know who you have to contact in order to get a press accredetation for the show? Gnr management or the venue?

Any reputable publication would already have a contact and secured credentials by now. They aren't going to be handing out tickets to every website/community college paper that wants them especially when it has zero benefit for the band in terms of exposure. Rolling Stone will probably be there since they are a major publication . I don't know who you work for but I doubt you are getting a press pass when they know many people will try this just to get in free to a sold out show.

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 1

Well, id be writing for a paper that sells over 200k newspapers each day in germany. So not really a students paper.

i already have my regular ticket but thought it would be rad to get press access, since i theoretically have the possibilities to. Though i dont know if theyre intersted in a german paper being there

Edited by xBrownstonex

3 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Well, id be writing for a paper that sells over 200k newspapers each day in germany. So not really a students paper.

i already have my regular ticket but thought it would be rad to get press access, since i theoretically have the possibilities to. Though i dont know if theyre intersted in a german paper being there

Good luck,Broham. I don't know why people are telling you to message Fernando,I'd imagine Guns have their own dedicated PR person. I don't know what you think a press pass will allow you to do at the show. The band isn't going to hang with the press. I'd say the best you could hope for is a photo pass. Any press they do will be for maximum exposure. Maybe if they come to Germany they'll let you do a phone interview with Dizzy Reed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Izzyslash said:

Any way to get tickets for these shows still?

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

StubHub for now. Some "reserved seats" will more than likely go on sale at regular price within a couple weeks of the shows though.

Or Craigslist. Those are really the only two options I see. Craigslist is usually a bit less reliable, but if you look hard enough a reputable person always posts there, mainly cause you can make your full money back there as opposed to Stubhub where Stubhub takes a fee, hence the inflated price just so the seller breaks even. I've bought on Craigslist a few times before, for Rush and a few other shows, and honestly had much easier transactions if you find a safe post. A way to weed them down is by searching "by owner" and searching those post to see if any seem reliable. I wouldn't trust "by dealer". But I also have no idea what Craigslist prices currently are right now for these shows.

Edited by gunsfanoldie

14 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Can anyone tell me, once Axl hits the stage on April 8th, how many days exactly will that have been since his last gig? Almost 2 years? 

Also, where does that length of time sit in the history of between gig downtime since 1985?

His last show was June 7, 2014. So its essentially exactly 1 year and 10 months, pretty standard when you average everything out.

In the past:

-1989: The band took a yearish long break from 88 to 89 (no shows between January-October opening for the Stones, minus a few video shoots or award shows)

-6 month break after those Stones shows till Farm aid, then no shows till January of 91 with opening of Illusion tour.

In the Nu era:

-8 month break between 2001 and 2002 tours

-longest break at 3 and a half years between end of 2002 tour (January of 2003) till start of the 06 tour (May 2006)

-Then 2 and a half years between 2007 to 2009 tour (July of 07 to December of 09)

-Almost a year between 2010 and 2011

-Before those final 2014 Vegas shows, the band took a break for 8 months

1 hour ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Or Craigslist. Those are really the only two options I see. Craigslist is usually a bit less reliable, but if you look hard enough a reputable person always posts there, mainly cause you can make your full money back there as opposed to Stubhub where Stubhub takes a fee, hence the inflated price just so the seller breaks even. I've bought on Craigslist a few times before, for Rush and a few other shows, and honestly had much easier transactions if you find a safe post. A way to weed them down is by searching "by owner" and searching those post to see if any seem reliable. I wouldn't trust "by dealer". But I also have no idea what Craigslist prices currently are right now for these shows.

Need to be careful with Craigslist, especially if you don't have experience buying or selling from there.  It's basically the scam capital of the world...and nothing on the site is guaranteed, so you do so at your own risk.  

At least with Stub Hub and reputable ticket resale sites like Vivid, etc they guarantee the tickets to be good and some will also refund 100% of what you paid for the ticket (not just face value) if the concert is cancelled.  That alone is worth the extra $50-$100 you could pay from using them vs craigslist, IMO.

Just now, Kasanova King said:

Need to be careful with Craigslist, especially if you don't have experience buying or selling from there.  It's basically the scam capital of the world...and nothing on the site is guaranteed, so you do so at your own risk.  

At least with Stub Hub and reputable ticket resale sites like Vivid, etc they guarantee the tickets to be good and some will also refund 100% of what you paid for the ticket (not just face value) if the concert is cancelled.  That alone is worth the extra $50-$100 you could pay from using them vs craigslist, IMO.

Yes and no. I don't usually buy from Craigslist, but thats mainly cause I don't take the time to look. For Rush, I was less worried. Someone's gonna scam me for a Rush ticket lol? That was a safer bet. But I have a friend who does it for big shows and gets buy. There is a skill to it, which I don't personally think I have, but usually you can sniff out a scam. I was actually shocked how FEW tickets there are on Craigslist from owners. Its only like 25. Whereas when I was looking for Bruce in NJ, you get hundreds on hundreds. So when its a smaller number like 25, I was just pointing out that if you really want to be there, I'm sure a good number of those are genuine, and the prices aren't terrible. It looks like for lower level they are a bit better than Stubhub, although the reason why is the exact one you pointed out. Stubhub is a little more in price cause its a bit more security, but those tickets are also probably listed at $400 instead of $300 because the buyer doesn't actually make that $400. So in theory, they are making less than those on Craigslist simply because Craigslist avoids the middleman fees.

I'm certainly happy I don't have to buy tickets that way, but just saying if you really want to go, I wouldn't necessarily count out Craigslist. If there were like 500 posts about the show, I'd say you're more likely to get screwed. But right now, the number isn't THAT high and the price isn't THAT bad. It is at least comparable to Stubhub, and even a little cheaper cause these people probably aren't jacking up the prices to recoup what Stubhub will take. And I can only speak for my surprisingly smooth transactions through CL, so if anyone was worried there are more success stories than you think on there if you're not looking for the hottest ticket in town, or sports tickets which I'd never do there.

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

StubHub for now. Some "reserved seats" will more than likely go on sale at regular price within a couple weeks of the shows though.

I wasn't planning on going to Vegas but I kinda freaked out over the weekend and now I'm looking for tickets.

Do you guys think it's better to wait to see if those "reserved seats" will go on sale? Cause the tickets at Stubhub are waaay overpriced.

Ps: I'm asking 'cause I'm coming to Vegas from Brazil, so the this trip is gonna cost me a lot of money, otherwise I wouldn't hesitate to buy from stubhub just to be safe.

Edited by emybdc

7 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

There's tickets on EBay as well, prices are a bit better than Stubhub as well.

I would use eBay over craigslist anyday

..at least you have protection through them and Paypal if something goes wrong.  Although you're still out anything above face value if the concert is cancelled. 

1 minute ago, emybdc said:

I wasn't planning on going to Vegas but I kinda freaked out over the weekend and now I'm looking for tickets.

Do you guys think it's better to wait to see if those "reserved seats" will go on sale? Cause the tickets at Stubhub are waaay overpriced

You'll get a full refund from the seller on eBay if the show is cancelled and not rescheduled.

1 minute ago, emybdc said:

Do you guys think it's better to wait to see if those "reserved seats" will go on sale? Cause the tickets at Stubhub are waaay overpriced

Yes. Tickets almost always are released closer to showtime. You are better off making your flight /hotel accommodations now and worrying about the tickets later. The scalpers make their money off of people freaking out and paying several times the face value instead of waiting for the venue to release more tickets. Sometimes this doesn't happen until the day of the show and I understand that people can't take that chance if they are flying in from all over the world.I've never been shut out of even a sold out show besides Paul McCartney here a few months ago since it was an arena vs.a stadium show but mostly because he never played here before in Buffalo. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, emybdc said:

I was in a similar position as you...and thanks to @Kasanova King I freaked out a bought one of those over-priced tickets...just kidding King.

it is a gamble really.  There is no guarantee any additional tickets are going to be released on Axs and if that happens it's usually day of show, usually.

Secondary market ticket prices are not going to go down much between now and day of show.

Ive been watching the market on stubhub and the supply has gradually diminished over time and prices have been gradually going up, though they seem to have stabilized at the moment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, emybdc said:

Do you guys think it's better to wait to see if those "reserved seats" will go on sale? Cause the tickets at Stubhub are waaay overpriced.

Ps: I'm asking 'cause I'm coming to Vegas from Brazil, so the this trip is gonna cost me a lot of money, otherwise I wouldn't hesitate to buy from stubhub just to be safe.

In my opinion, which doesn't mean much, I think its VERY risky to wait for the reserved seats. I don't know which way prices are gonna go (higher or lower) as the show gets closer, but if they release anything more officially, like seats held back for VIPs that just didn't want them, they will probably be really close to show time and probably sell out quick. Just my experience with "drops" as they are called. I do it for Springsteen and they usually happen close to the show and for something like this thats in high demands I understand the temptation because its face value but I think its a lot of risk to put all your eggs in that basket. But maybe I'm wrong, since I really can't say for sure.

See, but @Subtle Signs seems to disagree, so maybe I'm wrong. What @tsinindy said makes sense, although in all honesty I'm not worried about these shows being cancelled. People will go nuts if they are and I can't imagine anyone with a ticket, official or from a scalper, wouldn't get a refund. But again, its just too big to get canceled.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

You'll get a full refund from the seller on eBay if the show is cancelled and not rescheduled.

I've only found a pair of tickets for U$750 in section 222 on eBay. That's worse than stubhub :(

I'm not sure if there is any kind of search limitation due to the fact that I'm browsing from BR, but that was all I was able do find.

4 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

Yes. Tickets almost always are released closer to showtime. You are better off making your flight /hotel accommodations now and worrying about the tickets later. The scalpers make their money off of people freaking out and paying several times the face value instead of waiting for the venue to release more tickets. Sometimes this doesn't happen until the day of the show and I understand that people can't take that chance if they are flying in from all over the world.I've never been shut out of even a sold out show besides Paul McCartney here a few months ago since it was an arena vs.a stadium show but mostly because he never played here before in Buffalo. 

Thanks! I'll wait and keep an eye on tickets everywhere I can. But I'm gonna freak out if more tickets aren't released like a week before the show and will buy it somewhere else lol

3 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

I've never been shut out of even a sold out show besides Paul McCartney here a few months ago since it was an arena vs.a stadium show but mostly because he never played here before in Buffalo. 

Fair enough, but isn't this around that same level? The FIRST shows back, in an arena, the only arena shows on the horizon. Paul tours a lot and you STILL couldn't get in. Granted, he's a Beatle, and like you said, I guess he hasn't played Buffalo before, but I just assume this is gonna be a high priced ticket even after the show starts. To me this show is a big deal UNTIL more are announced and I don't expect prices to drop.

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I was in a similar position as you...and thanks to @Kasanova King I freaked out a bought one of those over-priced tickets...just kidding King.

it is a gamble really.  There is no guarantee any additional tickets are going to be released on Axs and if that happens it's usually day of show, usually.

Secondary market ticket prices are not going to go down much between now and day of show.

Ive been watching the market on stubhub and the supply has gradually diminished over time and prices have been gradually going up, though they seem to have stabilized at the moment.

May I ask how much you've paid for your tickets and what section are they?

Thank you guys for all the info!

Not sure if y'all know but there is a thread at Nightrain with fellow Gunners reselling their extra tickets for close to face value.  Yes, you will have to shell out the $25 membership fee but you could luck out and score some decent tickets really cheap.

You would have to check the thread all day long because they tend to sell very fast after being posted.