04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

9 minutes ago, Stryker said:

Ticket purchased for section 10. More than I'd like to have paid, but the event is priceless. The band played their last show before I was even born, so I imagine I might be one of the youngest in the crowd.

Section 10 becomes more popular by the day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I'm still not sure exactly how it'll go for me once we finally get there and the lights go down. I'm guessing "losing my shit" will probably be the best prediction for my behavior lol

So much uncertainty for me.. If Axl sounds like Crap and there are 7 or 8 members running around on stage with only 3 originals I might get deflated quick.. Then if they start playing CD songs lol..

Will Adler and Izzy be there?

I had pushed most of the negative thoughts out of my head until I saw some videos from that last Vegas show the other day.. Someone had posted Jungle recently and Axl sounded pretty damn good. But then I saw other videos from the same show and.. just ouch... They were terrible..

This is going to either be fucking amazing or a complete train wreck...  \m/

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

So much uncertainty for me.. If Axl sounds like Crap and there are 7 or 8 members running around on stage with only 3 originals I might get deflated quick.. Then if they start playing CD songs lol..

Will Adler and Izzy be there?

I had pushed most of the negative thoughts out of my head until I saw some videos from that last Vegas show the other day.. Someone had posted Jungle recently and Axl sounded pretty damn good. But then I saw other videos from the same show and.. just ouch... They were terrible..

This is going to either be fucking amazing or a complete train wreck...  \m/

You think YOU'RE uncertain?? Try being me in this situation! :lol:

So, I'm going to see David Gilmour on Friday in Chicago, right? I'll probably check the Vegas update thread out after I get out of Gilmour, but with the time difference there's chance the GN'R show might not have even started yet. If not, I'll head to bed then check it again when I'm waiting to fly out of O'Hare on Saturday morning. 

I envision roughly 50 pages, 50-100 reviews (between people who were there and people who saw YouTube clips) and around 500 different opinions of everything LOL. So then I get on a plane, land in Vegas, hook up with whomever is awake and get the same varying opinions live and in person, all while still waiting my turn for the second show on Saturday!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You think YOU'RE uncertain?? Try being me in this situation! :lol:

So, I'm going to see David Gilmour on Friday in Chicago, right? I'll probably check the Vegas update thread out after I get out of Gilmour, but with the time difference there's chance the GN'R show might not have even started yet. If not, I'll head to bed then check it again when I'm waiting to fly out of O'Hare on Saturday morning. 

I envision roughly 50 pages, 50-100 reviews (between people who were there and people who saw YouTube clips) and around 500 different opinions of everything LOL. So then I get on a plane, land in Vegas, hook up with whomever is awake and get the same varying opinions live and in person, all while still waiting my turn for the second show on Saturday!

You'll be lucky if the show is over by the time your flight is ready to take off!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I'm going to have to shut my phone off during niget 1 so I'm not tempted to post on hre. I want to watch without interruption

I'm leaving my phone in room.   Don't want to be jacking with it.  Vegas (night 1 esp) is gonna be special.  

I'm gonna have my phone on me but I don't plan to use it at all for either night. Maybe for a picture or two, but literally planning to drink in every moment. Then again, aside from writing down setlists which I feel no reason to do at these shows, I'm not usually tempted to use my phone during concerts. I paid $250 a night, I'm there for GNR lol!

1 hour ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I'm gonna have my phone on me but I don't plan to use it at all for either night. Maybe for a picture or two, but literally planning to drink in every moment. Then again, aside from writing down setlists which I feel no reason to do at these shows, I'm not usually tempted to use my phone during concerts. I paid $250 a night, I'm there for GNR lol!

When I first read this I thought you said you planned to "literally drink every moment" LOL. 

• Like 1

A few pictures are fine. I think it was when I saw Guns in 2011, some girl had her camera out the whole time and would occasionally put it in front of me (I was front row, center) to take pictures. By the 3rd time she'd done it I was trying to smack it out of her hand :lol:
So in short - take a few pictures but don't be a cunt :)

2 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

Maybe it's because I'm old but if someone is posting tons of pictures/updates during a concert ,how good can it be? Do people want Facebook likes that badly? I waited 24 years for this,my phone can stay in my pockets.

While I'm not even 24 years old I agree with this :lol: at what point does someone look at the other 10,000 phones in front of them and realize it's time to just enjoy the show? Take 1 or 2 pictures if you wanna show people where you were sitting, that's fine, but unless you're bootlegging the whole show for other fans there's no need to be filming or fucking around with a camera half the time. :shrugs:

Usually what I do is use my phone/camera for select songs and just rapidly take shots, and sort out the good ones afterwards. Maybe a 1-2 minute video, but it's been a while since I've bothered to film a whole song.

2 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

Maybe it's because I'm old but if someone is posting tons of pictures/updates during a concert ,how good can it be? Do people want Facebook likes that badly? I waited 24 years for this,my phone can stay in my pockets.

I wouldn't have to go crazy but yeah, like it or not, when I get to a show on this alleged tour, I'm taking pictures and videos. Not even gonna get wasted, just maybe a buzz. Otherwise, it'll just feel like a dream too good to be true. I'm gonna have to watch those videos back and stare at my pics a million times, then MAYBE I'll believe it. But to go crazy uploading? I won't but I'll appreciate the ones in Vegas that will because I'll be waiting in anticipation and excitement like no other 

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

I wouldn't have to go crazy but yeah, like it or not, when I get to a show on this alleged tour, I'm taking pictures and videos. Not even gonna get wasted, just maybe a buzz. Otherwise, it'll just feel like a dream too good to be true. I'm gonna have to watch those videos back and stare at my pics a million times, then MAYBE I'll believe it. But to go crazy uploading? I won't but I'll appreciate the ones in Vegas that will because I'll be waiting in anticipation and excitement like no other 

I'm going to take it easy on the drinking before the show.....had a lot to drink before I saw them in 2011 and don't remember the 2nd half of the show too well.....:lol:  May only have one or two before and a few during.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I'm going to take it easy on the drinking before the show.....had a lot to drink before I saw them in 2011 and don't remember the 2nd half of the show too well.....:lol:  May only have one or two before and a few during.

Well with dj ashba in that version of GNR at the time, can't say I blame ya :lol:

12 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Same here. In '11, I drank a lot of beer before & during the show. Really really had to piss midshow. Got to the urinal, then heard Axl say "You're talking to yourself"... Missed the first part of Estranged! Not gonna miss a second of the first Vegas show pissing!!!! But I'm gonna throw em back til well after sunrise when it's over!

• Like 1