04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

36 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Ain't no shame in that. I've seen plenty of shows that way and had a great amount of fun! 

Side note; one of the funniest things I've had happen to me at a concert involved being (or trying to be) in the last row. When I saw Roger Waters in 2010, I drew front row center for The Palace in the lottery. So when he came back through in 2012, I bought tickets in the upper deck at the opposite end of JLA on purpose. So my wife and I got to the show and went up to the last row of JLA on purpose because I thought it'd be neat to watch the show from the last row since I'd seen in it front row. About halfway through In The Flesh, the people showed up with the seats in the last row, so I pointed out our seats several rows foward and said they were welcome to those if they wanted to be closer. One of the the dudes got all mad and was like "WE WANT THE SEATS WE PAID FOR!!!", so I just laughed it off and moved down 10 rows to where we our seats were.

Haha that is weird

I've been to shows in the rafters loads of times, even in stadiums (like that Stones gig we were at). Never takes away from the experience! I'm still there having a ball. Besides, I've seen GnR and Slash from the front a few times already

Someone should look up the last time both old and new Guns played back to back nights in the same arena and post the setlists so we can see how many different songs were played each night. Granted these statistics will probably be between 5-25 years old but I just wanna see the variety between the shows.

1 hour ago, Subtle Signs said:

Someone should look up the last time both old and new Guns played back to back nights in the same arena and post the setlists so we can see how many different songs were played each night. Granted these statistics will probably be between 5-25 years old but I just wanna see the variety between the shows.

Jan 21st, 1991 Minneapolis (I was there)- http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/1992/target-center-minneapolis-mn-3d6193f.html

Jan 22nd, 1991 Minneapolis (I was there)- http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/1992/target-center-minneapolis-mn-bd6193e.html

Fuck- I wanna go back in time!

20 hours ago, Taylor2555 said:

yeah I thought as much, I thought they originally put a large number aside for corporate packages etc. wasn't sure if any of them made it back into the mainstream if they weren't snapped up.

Oh well I guess I have to hope for a live stream :-)

I believe between the 2 Worcester MA show sin 1991, they changed up one song.

I was wondering about changes between both Vegas nights myself. My complete guess is that they may swap 1 tune. Like if something doesn't go all that well, then drop it and try something else. Or even if everything goes great, maybe drop something and try something else. 

52 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Interesting article (both the Guns part and the rest of it).  I'm a huge Vegas fan and have seen 4-5 concerts at MGM and 1 at the Hard Rock Joint.  Thanks for posting/nice find. 

If we hadn't read from our resident GNR-insider(TM) that Izzy will be in Vegas then I wouldn't have been disappointed if he wasn't. Now I'll be bummed if he's not there,especially opening night on his Birthday. As for song differentiation I'd hope for 4-5 different tunes over the course of both nights. The band has to know that a lot of people are flying in from all over the world and seeing both shows.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

If we hadn't read from our resident GNR-insider(TM) that Izzy will be in Vegas then I wouldn't have been disappointed if he wasn't. Now I'll be bummed if he's not there,especially opening night on his Birthday. As for song differentiation I'd hope for 4-5 different tunes over the course of both nights. The band has to know that a lot of people are flying in from all over the world and seeing both shows.

oh if Izzy is there I will just be the happiest person ever! and if Steven is there for even a couple of songs they will have to peel me off the rafters :D

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

Yeah, thats pretty much exactly what I'm hoping for. 4-5 song differences between the two nights and an Izzy guest spot at one or both of the shows. Honestly, they could get away with no Izzy on his birthday at the first show just for the sheer excitement of that first Axl/Slash show back. Especially if they don't plan to change up many tunes. Do the first show as is, then night 2 is made worth it because it has Izzy. Or night 1 has Izzy and night 2 has a bunch of different songs. I'll be fine with whatever happens, but in a perfect scenario that is what I'd choose since I'm attending both. That way it makes them both unique enough.

17 hours ago, tsinindy said:

They changed up quite a few tunes between the two shows that were back to back at Deer Creek in May of 1991.

After some research it looks like it was a bit more than one song in Worcester.

Show 1

It's So Easy

Show 2

Nightrain

Breakdown

I was 15, only went to one show.. Fuck.. I can't believe I missed breakdown!

Or Izzy and Steven play the whole shows! ;) Seriously though. If they are both there it will be a shame if they don't get out and AT LEAST play a handful of songs with all 5 original members together. Dizzy and Fortus can watch for a few songs. I am sure they would fucking like to see it too....

15 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

After some research it looks like it was a bit more than one song in Worcester.

Show 1

It's So Easy

Show 2

Nightrain

Breakdown

I was 15, only went to one show.. Fuck.. I can't believe I missed breakdown!

They didn't play nightrain on one night....damn that should be illegal.

15 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Or Izzy and Steven play the whole shows! ;) Seriously though. If they are both there it will be a shame if they don't get out and AT LEAST play a handful of songs with all 5 original members together. Dizzy and Fortus can watch for a few songs. I am sure they would fucking like to see it too....

I have this vision of them opening with nightrain and the stage is dark...the announcer says his thing, the choo choo whistle sounds and then a white spotlight on the drum-set as the first cowbell hit is made and the whole place realizes it's Steven and everyone goes completely ape-shit!

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I have this vision of them opening with nightrain and the stage is dark...the announcer says his thing, the choo choo whistle sounds and then a white spotlight on the drum-set as the first cowbell hit is made and the whole place realizes it's Steven and everyone goes completely ape-shit!

I'd die. I'd just fucking die. Someone would be able to take my ticket for night 2, because quite literally I'd be dead lol.

I still for some reason don't think Steven will be in Vegas, but think Izzy will, but I'd certainly love it if they proved me wrong on the Adler part.

14 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I'd die. I'd just fucking die. Someone would be able to take my ticket for night 2, because quite literally I'd be dead lol.

I still for some reason don't think Steven will be in Vegas, but think Izzy will, but I'd certainly love it if they proved me wrong on the Adler part.

Lol I'll take your night 2 tickets

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I think Steven will be there... I just think if he wasn't he wouldn't be so quiet.. Did you see that video of him practicing My Michele a couple weeks ago? So bad ass....

52 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I think Steven will be there... I just think if he wasn't he wouldn't be so quiet.. Did you see that video of him practicing My Michele a couple weeks ago? So bad ass....

I agree, but just for some reason I feel he'll be included at Coachella and not here. Izzy I see as more logical. It is his birthday after all, I believe people said he lives near Vegas, its not a festival so even though its a big deal it is a smaller show, one of the smaller ones they could do. I almost think they want to use Steven in the place that will get him the most exposure, but also use him as little as possible. Hopefully thats not the case, but I could see them thinking "use him at Coachella, everybody will see we're nice guys, then we can use him maybe 2 or 3 more times when we're in the LA area". At this point, its obviously all just speculation, but of course I want him to be in Vegas. That basically ensures the Appetite lineup being on stage.

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Lol I'll take your night 2 tickets

Lol my friend has strict instructions to pull a Nikki Sixx type situation and revive me if for some reason the excitement kills me. I will be there night 2, but I can put you down as my emergency contact in the event of something unforeseen. Also, I totally agree with you. As amazing as Jungle opening would be, there's nothing I want to see more than them walking out on stage with Axl screaming about being on the Nightrain one more time tonight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Lol! I show up on Saturday, meet up with ZoSoRose, ask where you are and find out what happened. I'd be like "Ooh, that's too bad, but at least he died happy!" lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tsinindy said:

I like your vision