04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

32 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I think I'm just adverse to Jungle as an opener because I've seen it sooooooooo many times.

I would usually agree with that, but I think the first night, it could be incredible! Those opening notes coming from Slash, unseen in the darkness. Axl screeching "you know where the fuck you are?" It's also the song that introduced most of us old timers to them. It would be very appropriate for the first time back out together, I think.

I'd also love the opener to be ISE (opener the first time I saw them in '88), or Nightrain (my favorite song).

I know one thing for sure- 4/8 can't get here soon enough!!!

I always thought it would be sort of cool of they flipped their typical order around and opened with Paradise City...and leave Jungle for one of the encores.  

Imagine you're sitting there and lights are still dark, and you begin to hear the opening rifts and drum track to Paradise City....the place would go absolutely bonkers....lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I always thought it would be sort of cool of they flipped their typical order around and opened with Paradise City...and leave Jungle for one of the encores.  

Imagine you're sitting there and lights are still dark, and you begin to hear the opening rifts and drum track to Paradise City....the place would go absolutely bonkers....lol

It would be interesting, but then I literally think they have to play it twice, because I don't know what ELSE you close with. One of the moments I'm looking forward to is 2 or 3 in the morning and Paradise City starting and being in delirium. I can't think of how else you end a Guns shows, or a Slash show for that matter.

I think Fitha_Whiskey got it perfect. There's NO way to not be excited by those opening Jungle notes from Slash. My only fault with Jungle is its a predictable opener, but really what else to do you do. Its literally a perfect introduction to Slash being back as well as a perfect first line from Axl with the "you know where the fuck you are??!!" I mean, it just doesn't get better than that. If they DON'T open with Jungle, I hope they have a damn good replacement, because the only thing I could think of is Nightrain. But I just don't think Jungle actually has the impact its supposed to if it doesn't open. And its just this show. I love the unpredictability of it in the set in the old days. But right here, first show, anywhere other than the opener lessens that "moment" and I feel all other songs work anywhere in the set.

I will admit though I'd LOVE it if Jungle doesn't open both nights. Jungle to me signifies Guns is back night 1. What would signify night 2 that this is real is them opening with like Its So Easy or something. Night 2 they just go RIGHT into it, without all the build up Jungle has. So in a perfect world, I do want Jungle or Nightrain opening Night 1 and something different opening Night 2, but I'm expecting the same opener both nights.

Edited by gunsfanoldie
  • Like 4

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 0:55 PM, rockphantom said:

My friend ordered The April 8th Ultimate VIP Package last week (I'm VERY envious), and has yet to receive a confirmation email from AXS, even though the $1258 charge posted on his credit card. Has anyone else who has ordered a VIP package received a confirmation email from AXS?

Asking you guys for a little advice.

I'm pondering buying a plane ticket, but am dubious about buying from stubhub and what to arrange for staying somewhere.

So, would people suggest me waiting the week of the gigs to score a ticket from stubhub? Or possibly show up at the gig and hope for a ticket? I'm not into paying scalpers prices.

And any recommendations for cheap places to stay?

10 minutes ago, The Black said:

I'm pondering buying a plane ticket, but am dubious about buying from stubhub and what to arrange for staying somewhere.

So, would people suggest me waiting the week of the gigs to score a ticket from stubhub? Or possibly show up at the gig and hope for a ticket? I'm not into paying scalpers prices.

Stub hub is totally reliable. Scalper prices are unfortunately what you're going to have to pay at this stage I'm afraid. There's loads of cheap places to stay. Just check out booking.com. 

17 minutes ago, The Black said:

I think if you're open to going to either show, your method wouldn't be a bad idea.  I think tickets for the April 9th show will be easier to score than the April 8th show....so if you can't get tickets for the 8th show, you'd have an extra day to try to score tickets for the 9th.

A bunch of us are staying at the Monte Carlo....so are a ton of fans from other forums.  In terms of pricing, it's somewhere in the middle of the more expensive places and least expensive places to stay on the strip....but its location is probably one of the best on the strip....and it's literally a stone's throw away from the venue....which would make it easier for you to score tickets.  Heck, you might even be able to score some from fellow Gunners staying there.....there will be a ton of us there.  And they have good package deals on Expedia and Vegas .com for the Monte Carlo, including your flights.

Good luck!

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1

I've been having a bit of a lazy day today, so I decided to get my laptop out and have a search through all things Guns N'Roses and man am I absolutely fucking buzzing for this reunion. Read all the recent articles, some great insights, and read through some old interviews and the discussions on HTGTH, and I'm literally like a kid in a candy store here, first time in a long time have had some time off for myself and there's no better way to spend it than reading up on what you love, incredible! I live in Ireland so I have no hope of getting anywhere near a show this year it seems, but our time will come for us European guys! I'm just totally overjoyed that my favourite rock band are getting back together as I've never seen them live, and when I do finally see them I think I will more than likely shed a tear, I know, I'm a wimp, but fuck it, GnFnR!

That list is comical. The fact get in the ring is so high and my world isn't last says it all.

do you agree with number 1 tho? I know my favourite GNR song is probably sweet child but at the minute November rain is definitely up there. Was driving home from work with it on full blast and it's such a great piece of music, especially the outro. One thing I am looking forward to in Vegas is slash stood on Axls piano playing the outro to this.

Edited by FoxySCFC

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

Stub hub is totally reliable. Scalper prices are unfortunately what you're going to have to pay at this stage I'm afraid. There's loads of cheap places to stay. Just check out booking.com. 

Wouldn't the scalper prices lower closer to the actual dates though? That seems to be the case in Europe. Plus there are always people that can't go at the very last minute.

55 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I think if you're open to going to either show, your method wouldn't be a bad idea.  I think tickets for the April 9th show will be easier to score than the April 8th show....so if you can't get tickets for the 8th show, you'd have an extra day to try to score tickets for the 9th.

A bunch of us are staying at the Monte Carlo....so are a ton of fans from other forums.  In terms of pricing, it's somewhere in the middle of the more expensive places and least expensive places to stay on the strip....but its location is probably one of the best on the strip....and it's literally a stone's throw away from the venue....which would make it easier for you to score tickets.  Heck, you might even be able to score some from fellow Gunners staying there.....there will be a ton of us there.  And they have good package deals on Expedia and Vegas .com for the Monte Carlo, including your flights.

Good luck!

Just checked expedia. Thanks for the tip!
Monte Carlo would be too expensive, I'd rather spend that couple of hundred euro's on a (better) GNR ticket.

I'm still pondering doing this. It's a lot of money and I'll have to check all my resources. Plus I wouldn't have tickets yet.

22 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Honestly, scalpers probably won't get much cheaper. Even on show day. Doesn't happen  often

Agreed. The only time you see them getting desperate is after the show starts....so you could end up missing the opening songs.  Now if they have an opening act (which we don't know of yet), you could always try and wait until the opener goes on....they may let tickets go for near face value by that point....but it's still a big risk.

Anyone still arranging travel, there are 2 schools of thought.

1-Easiest-Buy an airfare/hotel package from expedia, priceline, southwestvacations.com, etc. Saves time and can save you some $$$ off full price.

2-(my preferred method) buy your flight and hotel separately. You can save the most $$$ this way, but it requires much more work. You have to constantly check hotel prices. When you see something you like, make sure there's a free cancellation policy, then book it. Keep checking prices. If something better comes up, book it, cancel the original booking. Rinse, repeat. trivago.com is great for hotels, shows prices from all the big travel sites all in one place.

For flights, use google. Type into google, for example, LAX to LAS (LAS is the las vegas airport code), and you will see all in one place, prices from all the major airlines. Easy to play around with the dates and see price differences. NOTE-southwest and a few others don't publish their fares anywhere but their own website, so you'll want to check southwest.com, jetblue.com etc. as well.

NOW is the time to book a flight if you haven't already. Prices will only increase from here on airfare. It's a BUSY weekend in Vegas. 

EDIT-also forgot to add-when you find a hotel you like on trivago.com, DON'T FORGET to see if there are any additional promo codes for the site trivago sends you to book the hotel. Example-you find a hotel on trivago.com that is booked through orbitz.com. Open a new window and search 'orbitz promo code'. Find a 10%-15% off promo code. Apply to your booking. Save more $$$.

Edited by bbedwards

3 minutes ago, bbedwards said:

Anyone still arranging travel, there are 2 schools of thought.

1-Easiest-Buy an airfare/hotel package from expedia, priceline, southwestvacations.com, etc. Saves time and can save you some $$$ off full price.

2-(my preferred method) buy your flight and hotel separately. You can save the most $$$ this way, but it requires much more work. You have to constantly check hotel prices. When you see something you like, make sure there's a free cancellation policy, then book it. Keep checking prices. If something better comes up, book it, cancel the original booking. Rinse, repeat. trivago.com is great for hotels, shows prices from all the big travel sites all in one place.

For flights, use google. Type into google, for example, LAX to LAS (LAS is the las vegas airport code), and you will see all in one place, prices from all the major airlines. Easy to play around with the dates and see price differences. NOTE-southwest and a few others don't publish their fares anywhere but their own website, so you'll want to check southwest.com, jetblue.com etc. as well.

NOW is the time to book a flight if you haven't already. Prices will only increase from here on airfare. It's a BUSY weekend in Vegas. 

For flights I've always done pretty well using Skyscanner. 

• Like 1