04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

4 hours ago, gunsfanoldie said:

His last show was June 7, 2014. So its essentially exactly 1 year and 10 months, pretty standard when you average everything out.

In the past:

-1989: The band took a yearish long break from 88 to 89 (no shows between January-October opening for the Stones, minus a few video shoots or award shows)

-6 month break after those Stones shows till Farm aid, then no shows till January of 91 with opening of Illusion tour.

In the Nu era:

-8 month break between 2001 and 2002 tours

-longest break at 3 and a half years between end of 2002 tour (January of 2003) till start of the 06 tour (May 2006)

-Then 2 and a half years between 2007 to 2009 tour (July of 07 to December of 09)

-Almost a year between 2010 and 2011

-Before those final 2014 Vegas shows, the band took a break for 8 months

Awesome, just the answer I was hoping for, thanks a lot!

4 hours ago, SSHGUNS said:

That's sweet!

For those complaining about this version of Alice in Chains....smh....I can think of a lot worse opening acts....Alice In Chains are great....:thumbsup:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

That's sweet!

For those complaining about this version of Alice in Chains....smh....I can think of a lot worse opening acts....Alice In Chains are great....:thumbsup:

My thoughts EXACTLY. Sounds terrible, but I'd honestly prefer a throwback like that than some new band I have to sit through. Some of them are good, but most of them are forgettable, and its Guns N Fuckin Roses. If its a band I've never heard I'm not gonna care and just be waiting for them to be over. At least with something like AIC, its a band most in the building will know, they have solid songs that will get the crowd amped up. Its like a little bonus. Thats what I was hoping for. Something like a Blind Melon, Stone Temple Pilots, Skid Row type opener. Something kind of from the era where I know the songs to just chill to before the main event.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

My thoughts EXACTLY. Sounds terrible, but I'd honestly prefer a throwback like that than some new band I have to sit through. Some of them are good, but most of them are forgettable, and its Guns N Fuckin Roses. If its a band I've never heard I'm not gonna care and just be waiting for them to be over. At least with something like AIC, its a band most in the building will know, they have solid songs that will get the crowd amped up. Its like a little bonus. Thats what I was hoping for. Something like a Blind Melon, Stone Temple Pilots, Skid Row type opener. Something kind of from the era where I know the songs to just chill to before the main event.

Bach and or Skid woulda been great.  AIC is good though...

5 minutes ago, PITBOSS said:

yep it ends on st patrick's day- there are over 1100 entries

You know there's no way all 1100 of those people can make it to Vegas but they'll be in for a rude awakening when they find out they are non transferable.  I've been a member for over four years and I've never seen a contest with that many entries.

7 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

Much better than Monster Truck but I'm not terribly excited about the fake AIC.

Were Monster Truck rumored to open? Never heard anything about that. But I saw them a week ago and they're an awesome live band (their albums suffer from production but I've seen them twice now and they're a different beast). Would've liked that but I'm happy with AIC, saw them a few years ago and they were pretty good, it should be a great night in Vegas :D (not that it wouldn't have been, but now I know I won't have to sit through a shitty opener).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Were Monster Truck rumored to open? Never heard anything about that. But I saw them a week ago and they're an awesome live band (their albums suffer from production but I've seen them twice now and they're a different beast). Would've liked that but I'm happy with AIC, saw them a few years ago and they were pretty good, it should be a great night in Vegas :D (not that it wouldn't have been, but now I know I won't have to sit through a shitty opener).

Saw Monster Truck opening for Slash and they were great for a few songs. But it got repetitive very quickly, even for an opening band.

But AIC is very cool, starting to get jelly about this whole Vegas thing, although it's expensive as hell. How much does this Nightrain membership cost? Might try my luck :D 

46 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Someone mentioned them as a possibility on the Nightrain boards but I doubt they were a legit GNR-insider(TM). Maybe they just figured they were a possibility since they opened for GNR and (I think) Slash as well. All in all AIC is about as good of an opener as you could hope for since both shows have long been sold out and didn't need a big name to drive ticket sales.

Edited by Subtle Signs

Didn't AIC open for Guns in 2006 too? I know they played 3-4 of the same festivals but I think they also opened a Guns headline show?

1 hour ago, IkaruFunk said:

Saw Monster Truck opening for Slash and they were great for a few songs. But it got repetitive very quickly, even for an opening band.

But AIC is very cool, starting to get jelly about this whole Vegas thing, although it's expensive as hell. How much does this Nightrain membership cost? Might try my luck :D 

Yea I can see that, they have a handful of 'chant' type songs. Actually, the first time I saw them they were opening for Alice In Chains :lol:

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Didn't AIC open for Guns in 2006 too? I know they played 3-4 of the same festivals but I think they also opened a Guns headline show?

Yea I can see that, they have a handful of 'chant' type songs. Actually, the first time I saw them they were opening for Alice In Chains :lol:

Maybe they'll be opening for AIC opening for GNR :lol: 

• Like 1