Did Dizzy Reed cut all ties with Slash during the GN'R Civil War?

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

That makes barely any sense.

Makes a shitload of sense. You've contradicted yourself, and now that it's clear you've made a mistake by saying it was weird Dizzy stayed loyal to money you're simply incapable of admitting it.

It's not weird cause Slash never wanted him in the band and he likes to get paid. There was no change in behavior from him really. Just because you pointed some of that out in your post doesn't mean it's not a contradiction.

It's not about me or grasping moods. I corrected you. I hope this post was logical enough.

Edited by Rovim

Just now, Rovim said:

Makes a shitload of sense actually. You've contradicted yourself, and now that it's clear you've made a mistake by saying it was weird Dizzy stayed loyal to money.

It's not weird cause Slash never wanted him in the band and he likes to get paid. There was no change in behavior from him really. Just because you pointed some of that in your post doesn't mean it's not a contradiction.

It's not about me or grasping moods. I corrected you. I hope this post was logical enough for you.

How have I contradicted myself exactly?

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

How have I contradicted myself exactly?

You basically said it was weird that Dizzy Reed likes to get paid. Just because Slash spent some quality time with his unwanted keyboard player that was hired by his lunatic singer, It's weird that Dizzy Reed, without any options as a human being/musician/zoo keeper will stay loyal to the guy who made all his whores and coke dreams come true?

Then you said but as we all know Slash was against it making your post utterly useless and devoid of any value.

Edited by Rovim

6 minutes ago, Rovim said:

You basically said it was weird Dizzy Reed likes to get paid. Just because Slash spent some quality time with his unwanted keyboard player that was hired by his lunatic singer, It's weird that Dizzy Reed, without any options as a human being/musician/zoo keeper will stay loyal to the guy who made all his whores and coke dreams come true?

Then you said but as we all know Slash was against it making your post utterly useless and devoid of any value.

I never said anything resembling that. In reality I said this,

I have a television spot/interview of Guns (minus Axl) on a boating incursion in Greek waters - this was during the 1993 Skin N' Bones leg. Dizzy seems like a regular parting member of the posse. Ironically he probably was in contact with Slash more than Axl on the Illusion tour, Axl traveling separate. It is weird because you would perhaps believe he was more a member of the Slash camp at this point, factoring in that he was in Snakepit later and did 'Magic Carpet Ride' with Slash. But as we know he remained loyal to Axl. Originally of course Slash was against his appointment.

You have to remember that he had been a regular boozer when GN'R were living and rehearsing at the Gardner flea pit. His band were in the rehearsal space next door. They used to buy crates of cheap beer and sell it to the local lowlifes and have this massive party in the alleyways after the clubs had shut.

Stop lying Rovim.

^^^

Originally, of course Slash was against it makes it not weird for Dizzy Reed to still want to get paid. It makes the first part of your post a contradiction to what came after. Everybody knows I'm brutally honest most of the time.

Edited by Rovim

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I never said anything pertaining to Dizzy getting ''paid''. Stop pulling arguments out of your arsehole.

This will be my last reply about this shit. You said it was weird the path Dizzy Reed chose was green. Then you said, not in these words, that it's understandable cause Slash didn't want a keyboard player.

First you say it's weird cause Dizzy Reed went on fishing trips with Slash, but then you're like yeah, Slash did not approve. How is that not a contradiction? you're doing it again. Very tedious. Why are you like this?

Edited by Rovim

I remember this quote because it kind of sounded like he was gloating that he was still in the band while Slash and Duff were not:

"From what I remember - and trust me, it was a long time ago and many, many vodkas and beers ago - a lot of people had a hard time accepting I was in the band. They were gigantic when I joined. Some people thought I was just going to be a passing thing. Whether or not the other guys at the time were into it, I don't know. But now they're gone, and I'm still here."

Dizzy, November 10th, 2011

18 minutes ago, Rovim said:

This will be my last reply about this shit. You said it was weird the path Dizzy Reed chose was green. Then you said, not in these words, that it's understandable cause Slash didn't want a keyboard player.

First you say it's weird cause Dizzy Reed went on fishing trips with Slash, but then you're like yeah, Slash did not approve. How is that not a contradiction? you're doing it again. Very tedious. Why are you like this?

You obviously have reading comprehension difficulties. Here is the relevant passage so let's break it down for your pea brain,

Dizzy seems like a regular parting member of the posse. Ironically he probably was in contact with Slash more than Axl on the Illusion tour, Axl traveling separate. It is weird because you would perhaps believe he was more a member of the Slash camp at this point, factoring in that he was in Snakepit later and did 'Magic Carpet Ride' with Slash. But as we know he remained loyal to Axl. Originally of course Slash was against his appointment.

1/ Dizzy ''seems'', i.e. ''appears'', i.e. this is my interpretation of a public persona before television cameras  and should not be taken as indicative fact.

'2/ 'It is weird'', i.e. ''paradoxical'', ''strange'', ''contradictory''.

3/ ''You would'': that pesky subjunctive mood you have so much difficulty with. Quoting wiktionary,

Would

4. Used to impart a sense of hesitancy or uncertainty to the present; might be inclined to.

4/ ''But...'' contradictory counter clause.

Edited by DieselDaisy

reading into all of this i would say some of you think Dizzy is just one of those people who got very lucky in life? well not too hard to see why, based on the person he is in interviews and stuff like sometimes he seems so with his head in the clouds. And he doesn't really come over as a smart or intellegent guy in my eyes but then again he had his fair share of involvement on UYI songs and ofcourse CD songs. I am sure the man is a pretty good musician with a talent just not extraordinary, ANYWAY the topic was about his contact with Slash while he was out of GN'R, i think in 90's they were still cool, until Slash really left the band and had all that intensive bad blood with Axl what should be around 96/97? as somewhere around those years axl and slash spoke for the last time until now? this was also after Slash's It's five o' clock somewhere

I met Dizzy in 2013 & can I say he is a great guy. That aside he was & most likely still is, very good friends with DJ however when I offered him a UYI disc with slash on it to sign there was no hesitation. I feel Dizzy will be loyal to whatever line up takes the stage. Would Dizzy & Slash go drinking after, doubtful however it will be a professional relationship for the good of the band. In a nutshell, Dizzy is essential to the band & his piano work is a staple.

On 2/13/2016 at 2:27 PM, SSHGUNS said:

Slash features on one song by The Dead Daisies just a few years back so maybe they are fine! 

Pretty sure this was before the appointment of Diswald & Richard.

No real issues with Dizzy as a player; he does his job. My only issues is that he doesn't seem to have any backbone. He either agrees with everything Axl does (walk offs, late starts, role in break up, etc.) or he see's it, and thinks "this isn't worth losing my cushy job over, I'll lay low and say nothing; if I get asked in an interview, I'll give some vague answer with some form of compliment to Axl... and I'll mention his killer sense of humor!". 

I don't think there's any question about whether or not Dizzy cut ties with Slash after he left, that's clear! no contact, he copied and pasted the bosses opinion. There is the outside chance that Slash and Dizzy had a bust up around that time too... but I'm confident enough that if anything major happened between the two of them, it would be in one of the many books and be a constant question in interviews. 

I would love to hear him explain why he didn't speak to past members when they left the band, lot's of "ah....!?"  "y'know the thing about that is...." and "that question will get me in trouble".

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

this is totally pointless... who cares if dizzy was ever friends with slash ? hahahahaha did duff ever hang out with pitman?

only guys that ever had any real chemistry were axl slash izzy duff and steven

I really think Axl just had the most chemistry with those guys. Perfect musical chemistry. But for example, I think Robin had a lot of chemistry with Axl as well. Live and in the studio it's proven. Of course it doesn't compare to what Axl and Slash shared, but it doesn't mean others can't have chemistry with him. Paul and Axl seem to work really well as writing partners, much like Axl and Izzy, but again it's not at that level. That's really rare and it's amazing the 5 of them found each other in the first place.

Edited by Rovim

Dizzy ruined GN'R for me. Piano has no place in a hard, raunchy, bluesy rock band. I remember Matt Sorum saying in the VH1 Behind the Music, "this isn't what I thought I signed up for. What's with the piano?" That is exactly my thoughts towards Dizzy. And don't even get me started about Pitman!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LikeADog93 said:

Dizzy ruined GN'R for me. Piano has no place in a hard, raunchy, bluesy rock band. I remember Matt Sorum saying in the VH1 Behind the Music, "this isn't what I thought I signed up for. What's with the piano?" That is exactly my thoughts towards Dizzy. And don't even get me started about Pitman!

He just should have been an additional member and that is it. Use him sparingly when needed on albums and on tour.. I don't feel he needs to be up there every song. Pittman is a whole other story.. Dude needs to go.. 

The Stones had a piano player during their "peak years" and Axl wanted a piano player in the band. No one bitched about the Black Crowes having a pianist. Dizzy was probably worried about being out of a job when Chris came into the band, but it seems like his function is filling in on keyboards here, tambourines and guitar there. Dizzy had the bongos. 

22 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

He just should have been an additional member and that is it. Use him sparingly when needed on albums and on tour.. I don't feel he needs to be up there every song. Pittman is a whole other story.. Dude needs to go.. 

1 hour ago, LikeADog93 said:

Have you never heard of Little Richard?

• Like 1