Duff is playing the Grammys tonight

57 minutes ago, 11dayempire said:

Depp was a guitarist before he was an actor; he fell into acting by accident. He's pretty bloody good at the guitar, too:

Wouldn't mind hearing what he could do if you put him in a room with Izzy...

I'd love to see Depp in Guns. Then I paddle to Mexico to see this show. Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Depp. Fuck yeah. 

1 hour ago, 11dayempire said:

Well, you know... she probably gets that from her dad.

and susan is very tall, too!

41 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

When it comes to ageing, Matt manages to look better now than he ever did back when playing for GNR 25 years ago.

yes!!!

7 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Kendrick Lamar had by far the best performance this night. I didn't like the pop stuff except for The Weeknd. BB King tribute, Eagles Hollywood Vampires were cool too but Kendrick just slayed it.

If that performance by Kendrick Lamar is what passes as a great performance in 2016 then it's not fucking wonder the music industry is going down the toilet. People's standrads when it comes to performance has plummeted so fucking low it's sad. And before you or anyone else go on about me being close minded about music, it has NOTHING to do with the music and EVERYTHING to do with performance. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bono said:

If that performance by Kendrick Lamar is what passes as a great performance in 2016 then it's not fucking wonder the music industry is going down the toilet. People's standrads when it comes to performance has plummeted so fucking low it's sad. And before you or anyone else go on about me being close minded about music, it has NOTHING to do with the music and EVERYTHING to do with performance. 

What do you consider good rap performance then? 

2 hours ago, Bono said:

Although I may not have "loved" his performance (not my cup of tea)..I thought it was powerful and took a high level of skill and talent.  If you can't see that, then yes, you are  closed minded.

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 11dayempire said:

Depp was a guitarist before he was an actor; he fell into acting by accident. He's pretty bloody good at the guitar, too:

Wouldn't mind hearing what he could do if you put him in a room with Izzy...

That is his story.. Didn't he start acting when he was like 17 or 18? He was just a kid toying with a guitar probably. Either way, that performance sucked...

Am I the only one who liked the performance? They're not a fucking classically trained orchestra, they're a goddamned rock band. That was sleezey, gritty, raw, and fucking loud. You think Lemmy would have wanted fucking polished? Jesus. That was great, l thought. 

8 minutes ago, Estranged1 said:

I'm not a big Alice Copper guy, nothing against him he's just to much of a gimmick to me. 

That's fair, I can understand that. And I don't think any of the guys in that band are anywhere near the top of the list of greatest at their instrument (Depp might actually be a more interesting guitar player than Perry...). I just think that in a universe where Taylor Swift wins album of the year and artists like Buddy Guy and Ghost are relegated to pre-show status, that sort of "Fuck you, corporate bullshit, we're gonna burn out some amplifiers and there's not a damn thing you can do about it" performance is refreshing (granted it was sanctioned by the same corporate assholes who put together the rest of the show, but refreshing nonetheless)

2 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Although I may not have "loved" his performance (not my cup of tea)..I thought it was powerful and took a high level of skill and talent.  If you can't see that, then yes, you are  closed minded.

So explain what exactly he did that took a high level of skill and talent? Dance around with glow in the dark colours on him? Play any musical instrument? Rapped? I've seen and heard so many rappers with much better flow than him. There was nothing and I mean nothing great about that performance. It's simply being labelled that for it's "controversial" Black Lives Matter style content which he pussied out on and removed an entire lyric from the song. If you're going to make a stand and make your political statement then stand behind your content and go all in or don't bother.   The person who says if I don't see it as a great performance then I'm closed minded is actually the closed minded one. 

28 minutes ago, Bono said:

So explain what exactly he did that took a high level of skill and talent? Dance around with glow in the dark colours on him? Play any musical instrument? Rapped? I've seen and heard so many rappers with much better flow than him. There was nothing and I mean nothing great about that performance. It's simply being labelled that for it's "controversial" Black Lives Matter style content which he pussied out on and removed an entire lyric from the song. If you're going to make a stand and make your political statement then stand behind your content and go all in or don't bother.   The person who says if I don't see it as a great performance then I'm closed minded is actually the closed minded one. 

lol...it was a great performance...and he did flow fine...with a ton of power behind his performance. I didn't notice anything controversial about it, so not sure what you're referring to.

5 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Well I don't mind to see Depp if Izzy doesn't wants to tour. 

I think an Axl and Slash reunion with Depp on rhythm guitar would actually sell more tickets than a full-on AFD reunion. I would pay to see either.

I think my son's music sucks. 

My parents thought that my music sucked. 

My grandparents thought that my parent's music sucked. 

And so on. 

Think about this. There have been generations that thought Elvis sucked. That The Beatles sucked. That Led Zep and The Rolling Stones sucked. And......that Guns n Roses sucked. 

Older generations rarely get or understand the current generations music. 

Pop music and awards shows are mainly for what is popular and for the younger crowd. We might not like a band, but if millions of people do......

(Not 100% of the time, obviously. But the majority of the time.)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Apollo said:

I think my son's music sucks. 

My parents thought that my music sucked. 

My grandparents thought that my parent's music sucked. 

And so on. 

Think about this. There have been generations that thought Elvis sucked. That The Beatles sucked. That Led Zep and The Rolling Stones sucked. And......that Guns n Roses sucked. 

Older generations rarely get or understand the current generations music. 

Pop music and awards shows are mainly for what is popular and for the younger crowd. We might not like a band, but if millions of people do......

(Not 100% of the time, obviously. But the majority of the time.)

That ended when machines, code and statistics where involved in the process of music.

9 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

That ended when machines, code and statistics where involved in the process of music.

Just like it did when people started to use distortion and feedback on their guitars. And when the synth was invented. And when the singers stopped writing their own songs. And when dancing became more important than singing. And when lip-synching went from taboo to default.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, axlslash said:

(Depp might actually be a more interesting guitar player than Perry...)

Joe Perry is a guitar God.... Don't let the shitty production and Pop actions of Steven Tyler the past couple decades. Joe Perry's guitar work from 73-87 is pretty fucking good...

12 hours ago, itsprettytiedup said:

Despite being a fan of everybody involved here, I just wish that would have been played a little bit faster and more aggressive. Duff and Alice' voices didn't match either. Would have been better to just have one person sing it. 

37 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Joe Perry is a guitar God.... Don't let the shitty production and Pop actions of Steven Tyler the past couple decades. Joe Perry's guitar work from 73-87 is pretty fucking good...

I can't comment on that but I've watched a bunch of HV performances recently and Perry's playing has been awful.