Izzy Out.....

2 minutes ago, sonofnazareth said:

does Slash like playing with Izzy? 

They were the most successful together in Gn'R.. They have jammed together numerous times since.. They wrote an album together for "The project" that was never used. Izzy has shared the stage with VR.. Slash had Izzy on his solo album.. I am guessing yes..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ksks12 said:

I have heard that yes. IMO not a resemblance.

Obviously it's not exactly the same, but if you can't hear that the structure and rhythm is almost identical, then I can't help you.

But anyway, no offense, man, but I feel like I'm having a discussion with a 12 year old if you can't comprehend that there isn't a main songwriter in a band where everyone contributed so much music. I'll leave it at that. Have a nice day.

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

They were the most successful together in Gn'R.. They have jammed together numerous times since.. They wrote an album together for "The project" that was never used. Izzy has shared the stage with VR.. Slash had Izzy on his solo album.. I am guessing yes..

And I remember an interview with Slash saying he only had chemistry on stage with Izzy.

Just now, mikebones said:

And I remember an interview with Slash saying he only had chemistry on stage with Izzy.

Yup. I have been a fan of most of Slash's post Guns stuff but he certainly that chemistry has yet to be matched.. Not to my ears anyway..

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

Yup. I have been a fan of most of Slash's post Guns stuff but he certainly that chemistry has yet to be matched.. Not to my ears anyway..

I think is easy to understand that, Slash rather plays with low profile guitar players. By low profile I don't mean bad guitarrists.

30 minutes ago, blackieloveless said:

I don't know how ridiculous that is but  writing the lyrics is just the beginning there is vocal melody and phrasing among many other aspects .

That's not what I said...try listening.

9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Izzy had reasons to be disgruntled enough and leave the band quickly. Look at the evidence,

- Axl was pulling his lateness/hissy fits

- the band were beginning to do cheesy videos (Izzy quit just before the filming of Don't Cry)

- The album (Illusion) had been delayed for Axl to add loads of overdubs, and Izzy's creative input (and guitar) was not as prominent on that album.

- Axl was doing legal maneuvers, getting them to sign documents

- He, recently sober, did not want to be around the excessive alcohol and drugs.

- Money was being pissed away on the Illusion tour, on Roman banquets etc.

Izzy got out at exactly the correct moment, when the band were going up the shitter. He kept his musicality and integrity intact.

as said i understand he had his reasons but the way he left was shitty

I still believe he's not privy to being treated as an underling to Axl, Slash, and Duff along with hanger ons who've contributed next to nothing creatively to the gnr name. Nor does he deserve it. But technically with the legal partnership between the "big 3" (assuming that's what they're now currently operating under), it's just fucking messy.

Only reason that makes any logical sense as to why he's not touching this with a ten foot pole. And probably why he's following none of them on Twitter (and vice versa).

Regardless, depressing as fuck :(.

3 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Ugh...ridiculous fact to support this already stupid argument.  Axl was the main composer of the lyrics on almost every GnR song so of course he will get more songwriting credits than anyone else.

My point is just that saying that Izzy was responsible for writing 65% of the GNR catalogue is a bit absurd, when he has no songwriting credit at all on 19/30 USI songs and the songwriting is shared on most of the others.  If anyone still wants to think Izzy wrote 65% (was this number pulled out of thin air) of GNR's catalog I really don't care.  Use your illusion indeed! ;)

• Like 2

I hope Izzy is having fun making these posts. He definantly seems to be sending a message. I'm leaning towards support for Steven and an original line up, that is keeping him out at the moment. 

As for the posts regarding Izzy's importance, the big three debate or who wrote what. For me the reason why I still listen to AFD and illusions, the reason I'm even posting on this board is because all Five brought a magic, an energy, they sang of and conducted themselves in a way that had relevance and was identifiable to where I was at the time, with Steven and Izzy out not so much. 

I only starting posting on here when the reunion rumours got out, I could get excited about the big three as I was holding on to the hope that we would eventually see all five. 

For me not one original member is more important than another up on that stage, it's the chemistry ( dysfunctional or not) that they all brought that made it work for me.

I hope  differences are resolved , I hope we get to see a TwIzzy of all Five rehearsing Mr Brownstone. Until then I'm loving twitter embracing Izzy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackieloveless said:

I stated earlier I hope this is not a bill ward thing and this is what I was thinking  $$$$$

I have been thinking of the Bill Ward situation myself when it comes to this..

It seems to be about money, lack of respect or recognition..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I have been thinking of the Bill Ward situation myself when it comes to this..

It seems to be about money, lack of respect or recognition..

I have a question for you Tom, and I am not bashing. But nearly every post I've seen from you on the 'reunion' has been negative, so if someone offered all of this to you a year ago, you'd reject it? You don't seem one bit happy.

17 minutes ago, Philipm787 said:

I have a question for you Tom, and I am not bashing. But nearly every post I've seen from you on the 'reunion' has been negative, so if someone offered all of this to you a year ago, you'd reject it? You don't seem one bit happy.

I am not rejecting anything and I am going to Vegas.. I am very happy about the "reunion" but there is a lot about it that is also unsettling to me or in my eyes could be a lot better. The Izzy situation is # 1 on that list... I do not see one positive about that situation.. Reality is that there are still negative aspects to this thing.. I am far from teh only one who sees them. That reaches my experiences outside these boards too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Fire Fortus.

Make Izzy an offer he can't refuse. 

Just for the sake of argument. Let's say among Izzy demands he wants Axl in rehearsal with the rest of band. Let's say this is one of the most important issues for Izzy. And he gets a no way for an answer. I don't know to what extend Izzy will be capable to forget about everything else and just stay focus on the big amount of money he makes every show.

In a way, I can't see at all where Izzy is coming from. He told them to fuck off 25 years ago because it was getting too big & crazy. Then he has just done his own thing. All that's cool n all. But now the "3" want to put it back together and make a run at being the biggest again, Izzy is suddenly pissed off? 

Without knowing the whole story (interview Loudwire/ Izzy???), I feel like Izzy is out of line. Unless they don't even want him guesting, which I'm sure isn't the case. Seems he wants his cake n eat it too...

Izzy brought the loose, stonesy rhythm.... it's such a distinct part about what made them cool in the era of 80's glam metal. And his voice rocks!

And honestly, they'd do well to lean on that aspect of their music now that they're older.  The pounding heavy metal UYI vibe isn't as interesting... isn't as unique... and ultimately is less effective without youthful energy and swagger. 

Meanwhile grooving out is harder to do and watching something like Shine a Light... you can sustain that shit a lot longer and remain a credible artistic force. 

We should take out a NYT ad...

Edited by Ant
  • Like 3