Alice In Chains To Open For GNR Vegas Shows!!

Also, I'd like to add that I am a long time AIC fan. I first saw AIC with Layne open for Van Halen in 91. I also have seen them at least 2 times with Duvall. I was the biggest skeptic. He blew me away the first time I saw them with him singing. 

I mean no disrespect to Layne by saying that. His voice, lyrics, style and cool are irreplaceable. 

But I promise you. In a live setting, running through the old classics, get a couple beers in you, close your eyes and you'd never know the difference. AIC totally kicks ass live, the band is rock solid. I also have no doubt they will light a serious flame under GnR's collective asses. 

It's gonna be a great show! 

Edited by bbedwards

When I first heard the Black Gives Way to Blue album, I thought Duvall was Layne in some parts. It was eerie. Such a shame what happened. Layne was such a natural front man and singer. His voice was beautiful and his lyrics were heartfelt. You could feel his pain when listening to him singing.

If they announce a proper tour, i would like to bring in two band to support and give a put new younger band in the mix as I'm a huge fan of Rival Sons and since  supporting Black Sabbath, an greater exposure from the media has occurred so give news bands the chance for the limelight would be cool..... maybe a band like Raveneye or the struts. 

15 hours ago, Rovim said:

What Alice In Chains? there is no AIC. Jerry and his band is great old fashioned sludge though. Great news and sorry to be the cunt that points out there is no AIC without Layne and he's gone. That's like Pantera without Dime. I like their new lead singer, not much in the lyrics department but he's cool and fits and with Jerry's lyrics they recorded BGWTB. New album was uninspired with only a few cool moments.

But this band is a great match for an opener for Guns. Hopefully they won't look pathetic going after Jerry's Chains cause if Axl comes up fat and confused it won't be pretty but let's hope for the best.

Like Guns without Slash

I think I've heard somewhere that gnr and alice in chains were tight the past years, with rumors of co-headlining tour in the US in 2014. Never happened of course but now this is awesome.

They have a new album in 2016. William Duvall has a new band with Mastodon Brent Hinds called Giraffe Tongue Orchestra. I'm pretty done.

Yeah, they are a good band.  Obviously, Duff really endorses them.  This is what his thought was in his autobiography on AIC moving on as a band.

The band was struggling with self-doubt about going forward after Layne’s death. The remaining members were hyperconscious that some longtime fans thought continuing without Layne would be somehow sacrilegious. While his death was sad and needless, I for one did not think it meant the door should be shut on a band that had changed the landscape of modern rock. My opinion may not have been a popular one, especially in Seattle. But for me, the choice was clear: these guys had to move on because they still had way too much to offer the rock-and-roll world. In an age of paint-by-numbers corporate rock, we fucking needed Alice in Chains.

DuVall's no Staley but he's still a really good vocalist and performer. Had a great time when I saw AiC headline Alexandra Palace back in 2013.

Funnily enough the first opener was Walking Papers with Duff...

29 minutes ago, trqster said:

AIC is not a bad choice, but not really stadium filling material either like Gn'R. I'd rather have Metallica co-touring with Gn'R - now that'd be epic.

Been there, done that.  Metallica sucks now anyways.

• Like 1