Summer 2016 North American Tour Announcement - 'Not In This Lifetime" - Dates and Venues Announced!

18 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

That's the best news i've heard all day.

No Shitman, three guitars, or Team Brazil at the helm? Maybe Slash and Duff DO have say in the band. And clearly, it'd be for the best.

The promotion does scream competence now. Something that's as foreign as English to Axl's people.

Guessing they're just managing Axl now instead of the whole band/operation. And thank the fuck Christ for it! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Draguns said:

It t's based on the article. MetLife is bigger than Citi and Yankee Stadium. Also being a lifelong resident of North NJ, I'm accustomed to the media and other refer to this are as New York. 

Shows at Giants Stadium/MetLife are generally advertised as East Rutherford, not NY. As a lifelong resident of NYC, the only people who refer to any part of Jersey as NY are the people from New Jersey  :-D

1 minute ago, Bobbo said:

No Shitman, three guitars, or Team Brazil at the helm? Maybe Slash and Duff DO have say in the band. And clearly, it'd be for the best.

The promotion does scream competence now. Something that's as foreign as English to Axl's people.

Guessing they're just managing Axl now instead of the whole band/operation. And thank the fuck Christ for it! 

It's right there at the new website: "Guns N Roses is managed by Team Brazil"

4 minutes ago, Nick Cobraetti said:

Shows at Giants Stadium/MetLife are generally advertised as East Rutherford, not NY. As a lifelong resident of NYC, the only people who refer to any part of Jersey as NY are the people from New Jersey  :-D

Not true. If you ever watch NY Giants games, they'll refer the Meadowlands as NY most of the the time. 

Edited by Draguns

1 minute ago, Draguns said:

Not true. If you ever watch NY Giants games, they'll refer  the Meadowslands as NY most of the time.

Don't know that I've heard them refer to the specific location as such but I have the sound down half the time anyway. Hey, I'll take MetLife, no problem!

3 hours ago, Spirit said:

It's right there at the new website: "Guns N Roses is managed by Team Brazil"

They still manage the band but they aren't handling the promotion, from my understanding....looks like they outsourced it....which is quite normal, for a tour of this magnitude.  

1 minute ago, Nick Cobraetti said:
6 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Not true. If you ever watch NY Giants games, they'll refer  the Meadowslands as NY most of the time.

Don't know that I've heard them refer to the specific location as such but I have the sound down half the time anyway. Hey, I'll take MetLife, no problem!

Yeah, it's due to marketability and location. People know where New York is. People don't know East Rutherford, NJ. Broadcasters rarely mention East Rutherford, NJ.

2 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

They still manage the band but they aren't handling the promotion, from my understanding....looks like they outsourced it....which is quite normal, for a tour of this magnitude.  

My guess is they are handling the promotion in the sense they've picked out and hired the company doing it.

This will be true for any management.

Fernando isn't sitting in his office designing the posters... haha :P 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blackieloveless said:

I am calling Mettalica one of the other bands on this tour for the second time now , no info or inside information , gut feeling maybe even a re united skid row .

At this point, they don't need each other.  Metallica sold out US Bank Stadium in hours as did G N' R all their current shows.

Now, after the first few legs of the tour, I could see them hooking up....but probably not until next year or later.  And we would probably have some sort of new music before that happens.

My guess is they are handling the promotion in the sense they've picked out and hired the company doing it.

This will be true for any management.

Fernando isn't sitting in his office designing the posters... haha :P 

I think they probably picked one of the top promoting companies in the world, said, "This is the budget, we need to sell out 21 stadiums, make it happen".

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

I think they probably picked one of the top promoting companies in the world, said, "This is the budget, we need to sell out 21 stadiums, make it happen".

I also think we are seeing much more elaborate promotion now, compared to previous tours, because the promoter is willing to put more money into the promotion.

I also think we are seeing much more elaborate promotion now, compared to previous tours, because the promoter is willing to put more money into the promotion.

Yes, they seem to understad what it will take.  Between what we're seeing so far with the promotion and how any rumor/news about the band goes immediately viral through social media, etc....I think they will sell out these shows immediately.  The larger markets within hours, with second dates announced after they do....and the smaller markets maybe taking a day or two. 

This is this summer's hot ticket....whether you're a fan or not, it will be the place to be.

3 hours ago, systronic said:

Are you from Mississippi? My first GNR show was them opening for Motley Crue in Jackson in 87. If memory serves me correctly the last scheduled GNR show was the one at the Coast Colisieum in Biloxi in 02 that was cancelled. So, I agree with you a 100%, if they do a show at the Superdome there would be enough demand from a 200 mile radius to fill it. Mississippi in general usually fills most rock concerts as it's something that the area as a whole is lacking. (other then New Orleans) I remember them cancelling the show in Southhaven in 2011 I believe it was, but did they also have a show on the coast that was cancelled as well?

no I'm from NOLA. i think there was a show in biloxi in 2010/11 that was cancelled... i can't remember. i do remember a friend of mine had a ticket to go and was planning on going up until the day the cancelled it.. they told him his ticket could be used the next night in Nashville. i just can't for the life of me remember where it was in Mississippi. it might be the southhaven show I'm thinking of

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

no I'm from NOLA. i think there was a show in biloxi in 2010/11 that was cancelled... i can't remember. i do remember a friend of mine had a ticket to go and was planning on going up until the day the cancelled it.. they told him his ticket could be used the next night in Nashville. i just can't for the life of me remember where it was in Mississippi. it might be the southhaven show I'm thinking of

Glad to see some louisianians in here! We're gonna rock this town.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ManetsUS said:

Glad to see some louisianians in here! We're gonna rock this town.

still can't wrap my head around it. i woke up this morning and truly did not believe NOLA was on there. i always thought Axl skipped us over because of Shannon Hoon. i think he kinda looked at him as like his protege. they haven't been here since his death.

• Like 1