Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

25 minutes ago, alfierose said:

In an ideal world, yes. It's looking like they want to save that for the stage though, with all the attention they've had recently they must be working pretty hard not to be seen together, even without Axl we haven't had photo's etc.. of Slash and Duff together in a GNR capacity.

I know, I'm just getting impatient. It's been 23 years and we're nearly there. I'm finally going to see the band for the first time after an almost 30 year obsession and it's getting crazy. Pets have come and gone; Ive been waiting about 30% of an average human lifespan for this.

I need to go out for like a couple of hours to chill out and get away from it. Hoping for something big when I get back

• Like 1

Am I the only one who already hear's McBob's voice yelling in my head?

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! YOU WANTED HOLLYWOOD ROSES? 

WELL THEY'RE ACROSS THE STREET!

SO HERE'S WHAT YOU GET INSTEAD!

FROM HOLLYWOOD!

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 26 YEARS!

GUNS N' ROSES!"

Or something like that.

Edited by G-Money
  • Like 1

Now that Slash is back on board and GNR is not only a band again but cappable of being relevant again, it's amazing to see how things are working so much better. We have these pics which don't reveal much but are just cool, it's a great teaser. I'm ok with the idea that the hybrid lineup is the closest thing we will get of a reunion so I've kinda accepted that... Axl, Slash and Duff's names in that pic is just insanely cool. Yes, they are doing it for money but kids, believers of the integrity in rock stars, they've always done it for the money. pleeeease.

Looking forward to the first show!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maynard said:

Now that Slash is back on board and GNR is not only a band again but cappable of being relevant again, it's amazing to see how things are working so much better. We have these pics which don't reveal much but are just cool, it's a great teaser. I'm ok with the idea that the hybrid lineup is the closest thing we will get of a reunion so I've kinda accepted that... Axl, Slash and Duff's names in that pic is just insanely cool. Yes, they are doing it for money but kids, believers of the integrity in rock stars, they've always done it for the money. pleeeease.

Looking forward to the first show!

I think they did it for the girls in the first instance, the money being a welcome bonus. :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Axl owns dexter said:

QFT. Any guy who picks up a guitar and claims its for some other reason is full of it!

Actually, i'd say progressive metal (or any kind of metal really) guitarist is a little scared of the ladies.

7 minutes ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Nope, 2 more are missing. 

And if those 2 don't show up, it will be monumental disappointment and deflation, kinda like UVXY in the markets, you know?

Yeah right, thats why its sold out, go home, take a nap, delete you account please.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Not really.

I'm all about Izzy and Adler.  I helped start an Izzy petition.  I've been pushing Adler since day 1.

That being said, if you think not having those two will be a monumental disappointment....then just don't go.  I wouldn't want to be the guy next to you when I'm going crazy because I just saw Axl, Slash and Duff together......I really don't want to hear anything but cheers at that point. 

So if you're gonna bitch, stay home, please.

Thank you. 

If you're a GN'R fan and you're not going nuts with the reunion, just... :question:

Thanks

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Not really.

I'm all about Izzy and Adler.  I helped start an Izzy petition.  I've been pushing Adler since day 1.

That being said, if you think not having those two will be a monumental disappointment....then just don't go.  I wouldn't want to be the guy next to you when I'm going crazy because I just saw Axl, Slash and Duff together......I really don't want to hear anything but cheers at that point. 

This. Personally I think the big 3 is a huge start. And I'm beyond convinced the other two will be there. And frankly, it's a better idea. Have axl slash Izzy duff Steven and dizzy on stage for the appetite section and switch off Izzy and Steven for Richard and Frank on a different part of the set. Everyone wins.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 0:12 AM, k12 said:

I am not gonna lie, if they have a secret show I am inclined to sell my Vegas tickets, I am traveling about 3,500 Miles for what is "supposed" to be the first show in this reunion, having a show before that is messed up  and is not what the Vegas shows were billed as

To be fair you should know what you're getting into being a fan of Guns N' Roses. That's like saying "I spent $400 on that stripper and you're telling me she doesn't like me for my personality?"

These Vegas shows were never billed as the first shows, you assumed that as did others because it was ahead of Coachella. I've never seen one thing stating Vegas was going to be the first time they got on stage together. If you think you have a reason to be mad, just think how all the Coachella people who bought tickets feel. For the record, when Velvet Revolver got together their first show was a secret gig. Bands always do a one off random warm up show, so that IS YOUR FAULT for assuming things.

With that said, how much are you selling the tickets for?

Just now, Kasanova King said:

Not really.

Oh, believe me, I will stay home. The boat has been missed - and that was June 1985 till first half of 1988. 

And I'm not bitching. I have a smile on my face. 

I'm entertained by all that's happening (or not), but that's it. 

1 minute ago, SlashElvisTCB said:

These Vegas shows were never billed as the first shows, you assumed that as did others because it was ahead of Coachella. I've never seen one thing stating Vegas was going to be the first time they got on stage together. 

I don't care one way or the other but for what it's worth, yes, they were billed as the first shows 

6 minutes ago, SlashElvisTCB said:

To be fair you should know what you're getting into being a fan of Guns N' Roses. That's like saying "I spent $400 on that stripper and you're telling me she doesn't like me for my personality?"

These Vegas shows were never billed as the first shows, you assumed that as did others because it was ahead of Coachella. I've never seen one thing stating Vegas was going to be the first time they got on stage together. If you think you have a reason to be mad, just think how all the Coachella people who bought tickets feel. For the record, when Velvet Revolver got together their first show was a secret gig. Bands always do a one off random warm up show, so that IS YOUR FAULT for assuming things.

go look at this link, look at the bottom left corner, that is as clear as anything as the Vegas shows are the first time anyone is able to see the "New" Guns N Roses http://www.axs.com/events/306247/guns-n-roses-tickets

and I almost bought the Coachella, but I was holding off "in case" there was a show or 2 before that, once the Vegas shows were announced, and they were billed as the first time anyone was going to see them, I knew I had to be there

History will be made in April when Guns N’ Roses - featuring the iconic lineup of Axl RoseSlash and Duff McKagan - regroup for the first time in 23 years on the T-Mobile Arena stage. After announcing that they will headline Coachella, the band has now confirmed the very first place the world can see their historical return will be on the Las Vegas Strip, where they will perform a two-night rock spectacular at the brand new T-Mobile Arena.

Edited by k12

5 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

I don't care one way or the other but for what it's worth, yes, they were billed as the first shows 

Yes they were, but this is not an official GNR show obviously. That's why the Vegas being the first GNR show in 23 years thing is still legitimate

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

8 minutes ago, Axl owns dexter said:

Monumental disappointment is a ridiculous statement. 95% of the fanbase is on cloud 9 right now.

I am too, I'm really happy about all this, but to me it's either done properly and for the right reasons, or it's just another incarnation of the NU GNR. And yea, still ugly. 

I'd rather go see The Aristocrats.

7 minutes ago, SlashElvisTCB said:

http://www.axs.com/events/306247/guns-n-roses-tickets

History will be made in April when Guns N’ Roses - featuring the iconic lineup of Axl RoseSlash and Duff McKagan - regroup for the first time in 23 years on the T-Mobile Arena stage. After announcing that they will headline Coachella, the band has now confirmedthe very first place the world can see their historical return will be on the Las Vegas Strip, where they will perform a two-night rock spectacular at the brand new T-Mobile Arena. Guns N’ Roses will perform Friday, April 8 and Saturday, April 9