Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Yes they were, but this is not an official GNR show obviously. That's why the Vegas being the first GNR show in 23 years thing is still legitimate

Exactly. No matter what happens tomorrow Vegas is still the first show just cause any club set would surely just be a cut setlist of hits. 

1 minute ago, dalsh327 said:

The people at Coachella are getting GNR as part of a festival, not a GNR concert.

IF GNR play a surprise club set, they're probably not going to do a full blown concert. 

expect only like 6 songs at a surprise gig. all AFD probably.  

1 minute ago, BreakDown2014 said:

http://www.axs.com/events/306247/guns-n-roses-tickets

History will be made in April when Guns N’ Roses - featuring the iconic lineup of Axl RoseSlash and Duff McKagan - regroup for the first time in 23 years on the T-Mobile Arena stage. After announcing that they will headline Coachella, the band has now confirmedthe very first place the world can see their historical return will be on the Las Vegas Strip, where they will perform a two-night rock spectacular at the brand new T-Mobile Arena. Guns N’ Roses will perform Friday, April 8 and Saturday, April 9

Playing a Private show on April 1st for their friends & industry buffs is hardly the world, but ok!

Maybe I'm the only one who actually used common sense & didn't trust marketing teams. Sorry for everyones ignorance.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SlashElvisTCB said:

Playing a Private show on April 1st for their friends & industry buffs is hardly the world, but ok!

Maybe I'm the only one who actually used common sense & didn't trust marketing teams. Sorry for everyones ignorance.

"Regroup for the first time in 23 years"

"Regroup for the first time"

"first time"

2 minutes ago, dalsh327 said:

The people at Coachella are getting GNR as part of a festival, not a GNR concert.

IF GNR play a surprise club set, they're probably not going to do a full blown concert. 

If it's Adler and Izzy, just do the Appetite Big 8 (Jungle, Easy, Nightrain, Brownstone, Paradise, Michelle, Child, Queen). Maybe throw in Don't Cry as well.

4 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

Exactly. No matter what happens tomorrow Vegas is still the first show just cause any club set would surely just be a cut setlist of hits. 

it says nothing about a show, what part of

the very first place the world can see their historical return will be on the Las Vegas Strip,

is not easy to understand? if they are going to play anywhere before the Vegas shows even if it is 1 song it is false advertising on the Vegas shows

I would rather GnR do last minute pop up secret shows than cancel shows or no shows at all. Besides, it was rumored from the start that there was a strong possibility of a warm up show.

With GnR one should always expect the unexpected and I'm happy that they doing this, people have been waiting for this for over 20 years. And, in my opinion, Axl and Slash reuniting is bigger than any other reunion, including Led Zeppelin, or Roger Waters/David Gilmour but thats because I've invested myself emotionally with this band and they are important to me.

14 minutes ago, k12 said:

go look at this link, look at the bottom left corner, that is as clear as anything as the Vegas shows are the first time anyone is able to see the "New" Guns N Roses http://www.axs.com/events/306247/guns-n-roses-tickets

and I almost bought the Coachella, but I was holding off "in case" there was a show or 2 before that, once the Vegas shows were announced, and they were billed as the first time anyone was going to see them, I knew I had to be there

Read it again. It clearly states "when GUNS N ROSES regroup for the first time..." This is not Guns N Roses. This is not an official Guns N Roses show obviously. This might not even be the official Guns N Roses line up youll see at Vegas with Fortus and Ferrer, this might be a one off of the AFD 5, which legally is not Guns N Roses. Everything they stated will still hold truth when the guys take the stage as Girl Rock School.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

4 minutes ago, ManuARG said:

Don't Cry at The Roxy ´86

Amazing

Don't Cry was just amazing in the early years period. Axl's voice was at its very best and the guys played with a ton of passion in those club gigs. My favorite version is Acoustic at The Central in 1986. Crowd talks over them the whole time, which is a great historical document to how they were complete nobodies at the time. They played their asses off on it even with the crowd noise. 5 years later that song is Top 10 on the Billboard 100 pop chart.

• Like 1

I still can't believe people are mad about any of this. 

10 years from now, nobody is going to say "remember that small club show when Slash and Axl played together" when discussing the comeback. If you let a club show ruin this for you, that's all on you and nobody else. 

• Like 2

I am shit happy Slash and Duff are in the band, I hope that Axl, Slash and Duff are shit happy that they are back together and doing it and this is all that matters. Not whether, where, when or after how many people I get to see them or if they do it exactly and precisely how I want them to do that.

Just stop fucking acting like you own them, stop dictating them when, how and who with they should do things. For fucks sake this is Guns N Roses, not a fucking marketing product meant and supposed to act in accordance with the client's expectations. They do what they want. And now they do it togehter again. So just shut up and enjoy. Why the hell some people just can't?

And if you don't like it, sorry, go watch another band...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, buzzsaw said:

10 years from now, nobody is going to say "remember that small club show when Slash and Axl played together" when discussing the comeback. If you let a club show ruin this for you, that's all on you and nobody else. 

Actually, a gig in a small club would the coolest.

Fuck that Coachella crap. Or arena's. That's a big part of what brought GNR down in the first place 27 years go.

Edited by AncientEvil80

12 minutes ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Oh, believe me, I will stay home. The boat has been missed - and that was June 1985 till first half of 1988. 

And I'm not bitching. I have a smile on my face. 

I'm entertained by all that's happening (or not), but that's it. 

This is crazy to me! Can't say that I've been overly blown away by everything so far, but I am getting excited now, seeing all the pictures and the general mood improvement among forum members.

I don't know why anyone who has basically signed out on gnr in 1985 joins a gnrforum... Created years and years after the date. 

If the idea of Axl, Slash and Duff with the possibility of more classic members dropping in doesn't excite then nothing will. To my knowledge this is as close to the 'Mecca' as it gets.

5 minutes ago, buzzsaw said:

4 minutes ago, Asia said:

I am shit happy Slash and Duff are in the band, I hope that Axl, Slash and Duff are shit happy that they are back together and doing it and this is all that matters. Not whether, where, when or after how many people I get to see them or if they do it exactly and precisely how I want them to do that.

Just stop fucking acting like you own them, stop dictating them when, how and who with they should do things. For fucks sake this is Guns N Roses, not a fucking marketing product meant and supposed to act in accordance with the client's expectations. They do what they want. And now they do it togehter again. So just shut up and enjoy. Why the hell some people just can't?

And if you don't like it, sorry, go watch another band...

What they said.

The Vegas shows are going to rock no matter what happens between now and then.

Just now, AncientEvil80 said:

Actually, a gig in a small club would the coolest.

Fuck that Coachella crap. Or arena's. That's a big part of what brought GNR down in the first place 27 years go.

Absolutely it would be awesome. I saw slash in a small club in Atlanta and it was awesome.  I wouldn't let that ruin what I was going to though. 

just my two cents (relating back to the thread's topic, ancient history, i know)

i had bought tickets for Hollywood Roses last week or so when announced, received all the emails about cancellations and so on, but gave the Whisky a call this afternoon to re-reserve my ticket (even though my bet is on the Troubadour)....when I called and talked to the box office, they said, "Just so you know, Guns n Roses isn't playing at the WHISKY..." and then insinuated that it would indeed be happening somewhere on the strip.

not breaking news, i know, but have been waiting for my account to be approved so i could share!

• Like 2

Just now, KiernanProud said:

I think its safe to assume that this isn't gonna be a public gig at this point right. Cause tickets were supposed to be on sale by now according to blabbermouth lol 

Weren't they supposed to be on sale in the morning of the day of the show - Friday? Not sure what hour it is exactly in the USA but it's a lot earlier and it's Thursday midnight in Europe. So till quite a few hours to go...

1 minute ago, KiernanProud said:

I think its safe to assume that this isn't gonna be a public gig at this point right. Cause tickets were supposed to be on sale by now according to blabbermouth lol 

Not necessarily true! According to Blabbermouth:

More information is expected to be revealed by Friday morning, at which point a limited number of tickets will go on sale to the general public.
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rumor-guns-n-roses-to-play-intimate-los-angeles-club-show-this-friday/#FxKiVQRl3IQTgvhy.99

I think "Diamond Dave" was the one claiming it would be this morning

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

Not necessarily-- According to others-- tickets for the surprise Faith No More show at The Troubadour went on sale the day of.