06/23/16 - Detroit - Ford Field (More Pre-Party Info, Pg 10)

downzy

34 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

@Powerage5and I busted out the Mayer Hawthorne for a little Pre-Pre-Party. He also graciously stoked the fridge with even more beer. We are ready for all of you that are stopping by!

So excited to see everyone tomorrow! 

I wish you lived in New Jersey and this party was before the NJ gigs.<_<:lol:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FabioRoses said:

Chairs? WHYYY? 

From 1992 Iowa city, I can tell you that those chairs can have a nasty habit of flying into a giant heap at the back of the floor.

on pyro, if it's a no go, it may be due to regulations in the summer- water restrictions, fire hazard, etc.

who carez?

19 minutes ago, fallglimmer said:

and another 636022072944418455-GunsNRoses-062216-ES0

Why are pit/general admission sections always so small at gigs in the States, if present at all? Are there certain laws or something that prevent larger ones? Just seems odd coming from New Zealand, literally the only times I can think of where there have been seats on the field during a stadium gig are when the rolling stones or the eagles are playing. Like, I know for a fact that when GNR play here (either Western Springs or Mt Smart Stadium) there won't be a single seat on the floor. Same with other regions, Australia, U.K etc. 

EDIT: Just realised this kind of sounds like a put down, but I am genuinely curious! Was there a particular event that led to this sort of arrangement? Does it vary from State to State?

Edited by cremefraiche

Cheers for the replies, I had heard of the incident with The Who but was sketchy on details. Interesting read, but damn what a shame.

On a lighter note, stage, set up, etc etc looks fucking cool. Is it weird that I can't wait to sit on these forums during the gig and live vicariously through those attending?

The chair thing is much more recent than the Who tragedy. It was probably a factor, but the no seat thing went on a long time after that. I went to tons of arena shows in the northeast in the mid to late 80s, all the hair bands of the day. The entire shows were usually GA, and no seats at all on the floor. I think it's just from learning over the years that there's less violence/ fights this way. Plus $$$. Old worn out pit warriors like me still wanna get close, but like to rest my bones n sit for a spell, this side of heaven, this close to hell...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rickodez said:

Stage looks perfect.

Clk0YJYWQAAMV0T.jpg

Off to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of ... oops wrong place.

All the recent picture of the stage are amazing. It would be really cool to get to wander around with the stadium empty and everything set up.  I foresee that I shall be camping out on this thread a lot.

26 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

So @downliner has inspired me to make some commemorative custom special limited-edition Party Favors for tomorrow.

Only available to the first 20 guests so I suggest you might want to start lining up now.  Are the barricades set up outside the house yet, @RussTCB ?

We just finished setting the barriers. @Powerage5is just about to start handing out wristbands lol

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

ACDC was completely floor GA on their last USA stadium tour

No they weren't - Detroit was the only full GA field show. A few other shows had a GA pit, but most were fully seated.

Just now, RussTCB said:

We Justin finished setting the barriers. @Powerage5is just about to start handing out wristbands lol

Better hurry up - super exclusive ;)