Official: Axl will join AC/DC for stadium tour/US dates

ZoSoRose

Everyone is talking about Simon returning? No source, some AC/DC fan club member said it, and it started to spread.

Simon is ok and I can understand it, the lineup (with Stevie and SImon) has played one tour in the past. so they know each other etc. But there is one big BUT, Slade is a superior drummer compared to Wright. Still the most important thing is to get a familiar face and above all to get someone else than Dave Grohl (who expressed interest)

I love Grohl but I would not want to see him in the band. Too big of a name. The band needs a familiar face so even Bob Richards would suffice since he was in the promo videos, but Angus already said it won't be him.

Teroz is right though. I went over to ACDCfans.net again and it seems to be AC/DC Italia reporting the Wright rumours. That's the only "source" and they already speculated it a couple of months ago. That means there's still hope for Slade!

Having Dave Grohl would almost make me not want to go. Almost.

Finally getting around to listening to Rock Or Bust. If you told me like... 6 or 7 years ago that I'd take a month+ to listen to a new AC/DC record I'd have slapped you.

Me too. Man, getting older and having more important priorities sucks. I wish my number 1 priority was still rocking out to AC/DC.

• Like 2

ACDC were one of those bands that were part of a staple diet for me growing up- I still listen to them but I've got to admit I still haven't got around to buying Black Ice yet, let alone this new album.

I think Play Ball is a fucking cracker of a song though, classic Acadaca

Having Dave Grohl would almost make me not want to go. Almost.

Finally getting around to listening to Rock Or Bust. If you told me like... 6 or 7 years ago that I'd take a month+ to listen to a new AC/DC record I'd have slapped you.

Me too. Man, getting older and having more important priorities sucks. I wish my number 1 priority was still rocking out to AC/DC.

And yet having Dave Grohl would make possibly thousands more go. I'd love to see Acdc. I would defjnitely see them if Grohl were drumming.

I guess the latest Guitar Player magazine has claimed that Slade is back. Slade's son Jack has been having fun with it on Twitter, saying stuff like his dad's head is glowing even more lately. He also just joined ACDCfans.net and seemingly joked that they got it all wrong and Jack is the drummer. I think he's fucking with us and we may very well see the return of the Chrome Dome.

• Like 1

After reading the Bio, it's clear to me it's highly unlikely Slade will return to AC/DC. His departure was very, very bitter. He couldn't play drums for years and refused to give any interviews for Mick Wall. Simon, on the other hand, has no regrets and only left 'cause Dio gave him much more liberty to drum in his style and to progress as a musician instead of just doing the Rudd routine, which was very limited for him. I'm rooting for Simon. I'm afraid Rudd could be a Steven and cause tour cancellations, instability and stuff like that. Simon would bring back the legendary Blow Up Your Video line-up that revitalized DC.

At the time Slade was bitter and disappointed but he's on great terms with the band these days. He has even admitted that he handled his departure poorly. He's been back to see them on the SUL Tour and at least twice on the Black Ice tour. There's a cool picture of him backstage at one of the Black Ice shows with Phil and Simon (who was also visiting).

There's a mix of what to believe right now - both Chris and Simon are in LA where the band is rehearsing. Some fairly reliable AC/DC sources claim that Simon has been contracted since December, whereas others hint otherwise. Slade's son has been dishing out various hints that point to Slade, and Guitar Player Magazine even tweeted that Angus informed them Slade was in (although the Tweet has since been removed). We'll find out at the Grammy's I guess!

• Like 1