Official: Axl will join AC/DC for stadium tour/US dates

ZoSoRose

I'm glad Rock The Blues Away will be a single - it's my favorite in the album :)

Me too. I think it'll do well on North American radio stations.

Also I think it's meaningless that Rudd's court date got moved. It's because he changed lawyers but his bail conditions would remain the same. Technically it opens up his schedule for the Grammys but all the same it's not like the band could have predicted he'd suddenly have a court date changed and thus be available.

Got Some Rock and Roll Thunder is probably my least favourite. It's pretty bland. Miss Adventure maybe has a bit too much going on in the mix at times but I do like it. It's just "busy" for lack of a better word. Dogs Of War I mentioned before is easily one of my favorite AC/DC songs of all time. I can't get enough of it. My top five is probably:

1. Dogs of War

2. Play Ball

3. Rock The Blues Away

4. Rock or Bust

5. Sweet Candy

But damn, what a solid album. I'll be happy with whatever they choose to do live.

• Like 1

Seems like early on Emission Control was one of everyone's favorite tracks, and now it's not making our top 5 lists.

If I were to rank the whole album from my favorite to least favorite, it'd look something like this:

1. Rock The Blues Away

2. Play Ball

3. Dogs Of War

4. Rock Or Bust

5. Baptism By Fire

6. Miss Adventure (I agree with JB on this one completely)

7. Rock The House

8. Hard Times

9. Emission Control

10. Got Some Rock N' Roll Thunder

11. Sweet Candy

Not that we didn't know but here's some official confirmation from Chris on Facebook:

YES the drum stool is under OLD management! You will, I am sure know by now, CHRIS SLADE will re-join AC/DC for the GRAMMYS tomorrow Sunday 8th Feb and for their new ROCK OR BUST tour!

Personal message from Slade This is an amazing opportunity for me, after all most people dont ever get to play with their favourite band once, let alone TWICE! I would like to thank everyone for the overwhelming support I have been shown personally, on the Facebook page and other social media, not one comment has gone unread and it has been very humbling, Thanks so much. We apologise for the secrecy, please understand this was for all the right reasons.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=250282005103235&tsid=0.05533036752603948&source=typeahead

Awesome. Chris is definitely the better drummer of the two, but I can't help but feel that having Simon on the drums could've contributed to more 80's stuff being played on the new tour.

On the same token hopefully they bring back Moneytalks. ;)

I'm sure it's a given at this point. But if they're gonna resurrect songs based on who's drumming, the only choices they have with Chris are Fire Your Guns, Moneytalks, The Razor's Edge, and Are You Ready. Moneytalks and Are You Ready are the only ones out of that bunch I'd be excited to see live, and Are You Ready would be a total pipe dream.

• Like 1

I'll hold out for Who Made Who because I prefer Slade on that song anyways. I don't think we'll see Sink The Pink or anything but I could see Heatseeker, Who Made Who and That's The Way being among some eighties tracks that might actually get considered just with Slade back in the fold. You're right though - Simon would have guaranteed probably a couple of those.

Then again, in the Reddit chat Cliff and Angus made it seem like they'd consider the eighties stuff if the fans do indeed want it.

• Like 1