Official: Axl will join AC/DC for stadium tour/US dates

ZoSoRose

I've said it before: they have about 11 songs they HAVE to play every night. Its kind of non-negotiable, or at least I understand why they do (I'll let you figure our what they are). Which leaves about 10 slots open. Usually 5 is filled by new material, and then you have 5 songs or so that are wiggle room well known/a tad deep. I've always thought you could scale back the new stuff to 4, leave 2 unchanged, and make the other 2 rotating slots of new material. Then you filled the rest of the set with either 5 slots that rotate night to night, or each of the 5 songs are one song from an album that gets no play. Like the 5 could be Stiff Upper Lip, Heatseeker, Riff Raff, Sink The Pink, and Rock And Roll Train.

Its just not how AC/DC does it, clearly, but I think it would work very well. You get all the hits they need to play, cover the new album, while also covering the rest of the history of the band from albums that are generally just ignored after the tour for them. It would at least make someone like me thats already seen the band twice really think about dropping $100 or however much it'll be for 1 or 2 more shows this tour.

Looks like European dates are starting to pop up, though nothing confirmed by the band yet. There's already a poster for Stockholm on July 19:

10801797_909509122407503_523827771841235

Also "confirmed" dates in Glasgow on 6/28, Dublin on 7/1, and London on 7/4. I know nothing is 100% until it's confirmed by the band, but with a poster for Stockholm I'd say it's good to go.

Here are all the dates for the Europe tour that I found on the Download Festival Forum.

Tuesday 5th May - Gelredome, Arnhem, Netherlands
Friday 8th May - Zeppelinfeld, Nürnberg, Germany
Sunday 10th May - Rinne Dresden, Germany
Saturday 16th May - Hockenheimring, Germany
Tuesday 19th May - Olympiastadion München, Germany
Saturday 23rd May - Stade De France, Paris
Monday 25th May - Stade De France, Paris
Friday 29th May - Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys, Barcelona, Spain
Sunday 31st May - Estadio Vicente Calderón, Madrid, Spain
Friday 19th June - Jahnwiese, Cologne, Germany
Sunday 21st June - Messe, Hannover, Germany
Thursday 25th June - Olympiastadion, Berlin, Germany
Sunday 28th June - Hampden Park, Glasgow, Scotland
Wednesday 1st July - Aviva Stadium, Dublin, Ireland
Saturday 4th July - Wembley Stadium, London, England
Sunday 12th July - Veltins Arena, Gelsenkirchen, Germany
Wednesday 15th July - Roskilde Dyrskueplads, Roskilde, Denmark
Friday 17th July - Valle Hovin Stadion, Oslo, Norway
Sunday 19th July - Friends Arena, Solna, Sweden
Wednesday 22nd July - Kantolan Tapahtumapuisto, Hämeenlinna, Finland
Saturday 25th July - Stadion Narodowy, Warsaw, Poland

On-sale Wednesday 17th December 9.30am

This sold like 1/7th what Black Ice did. Wonder why

Because it's 2014 as opposed to 2008 - a lot less people buying albums 6 years later. It speaks volumes that there wasn't a single platinum record this year besides Taylor Swift's 1989, which wasn't released until the last week of October.

I know the industry has gone even more downhill since 2008, but damn, that is still a hell of a drop. It isn't bad in this day and age, and its comparable with Pink Floyd and The Foo Fighters' releases this year, but damn.

I was expecting like 300k going off of Black Ice and the industry's downfall.

They are not bothering their arse to come to Newcastle again (they have not been here since Ballbreaker) or I would have went. Johnson, yee fockin traitor.

How many major acts come to Newcastle? I remember seeing Metallica in Sheffield in '09 and was surprised they came there. Though I would expect a major act like AC/DC to be able to sell out venues across the country. There's a few days free either side of the Wembley gig, I'm guessing they'll announce a 2nd Wembley show at some point.