Official: Axl will join AC/DC for stadium tour/US dates

ZoSoRose

I really dig Play Ball. I can feel the Stiff Upper Lip vibe and Angus does some cool stuff on it. It didn't grab me in the same way Rock N' Roll Train did but all the same it gave me that warm feeling that only a new AC/DC song can give - you know exactly what it's going to sound like but it doesn't disappoint. Brian sounds great on it too.

I'm tempted to listen to Rock or Bust but I might save that until I get the album so I don't spoil too much considering there's only 11 tracks.

I remember dementia was rumoured way back when it was first announced that Malcolm had some serious health issues but nothing was ever confirmed so it was still up in the air. I'm pretty devastated by it. AC/DC is what got me into music and his riffs were a huge part of that. To think that he'll probably never play guitar again when he should still have quite a career left is just weird to me. It'll be odd picking up an album without him on rhythm guitar.

However, if AC/DC is going to continue without Malcolm, then Stevie is the only way to do it. At least it keeps it in the family and he has his own history with the band. I'm curious to know if he contributed at all to the songwriting or if Angus handled it all. I guess it's also possible that some of Malcolm's writing from before his illness was used too.

I've been reading that Angus has sole writing credits on this one. Seems odd to me, would've been the perfect opportunity for Brian to get back into the writing side of things.

That was my thinking as well. Brian talked about doing lyrics again for Black Ice and that didn't end up happening so this would have been a good opportunity for him.

• 1 month later...

Here's a good article on the current state of AC/DC:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/acdc-malcolm-young-phil-rudd-rock-or-bust-20141114

Angus confirms that the trouble with Phil began back at the recording sessions and once again says that the tour will go on.

It seems Malcolm started having symptoms back before Black Ice and has been receiving treatment since then. Malcolm was determined to do one more tour and soldiered on. He also expressed his desire for the band to continue to make music. Back in 2012 I think it was Brian had mentioned that one of the guys was having some health issues but that they were not life-threatening so it's now safe to say he was definitely talking about Malcolm.

And in some exciting news... Rock or Bust features songs written by Young & Young and the album is credited as such. Angus used ideas that both he and Malcolm had been working on.

the rock or bust music video is intense, Thunderstruck level.

The album got outstanding reviews by fans "best since Flick", with Rock The Blues Away (Anything Goes 2.0), Miss Adventure(80s stuff), Dogs of War (heavy, dark track), Got Some RnR Thunder and Batism By Fire(up tempo) as highlights.

Do we know when that video will drop?

Well Play Ball isn't really the best track, just a little catchy song.

Candy Sweet and Rock the House seem to be the fillers of this album, even if Brian sounds insane on Rock The House.

Every members shine on it.

the rock or bust music video is intense, Thunderstruck level.

The album got outstanding reviews by fans "best since Flick", with Rock The Blues Away (Anything Goes 2.0), Miss Adventure(80s stuff), Dogs of War (heavy, dark track), Got Some RnR Thunder and Batism By Fire(up tempo) as highlights.

Do we know when that video will drop?

This week for sure, tomorrow or friday.

• Like 1

How do you know so much about the release and songs and whatnot? Are you an insider? :lol:

ACDC is my favorite band of course and I have already heard the album.

The ROB video premiere yesterday in NYC.

How have you heard the album; I want it :max:

Rock The House and Hard Times leaked if you want.

Forgot how massive is the riff of Rock The House, Black Dog shit.

How do you know so much about the release and songs and whatnot? Are you an insider? :lol:

ACDC is my favorite band of course and I have already heard the album.

The ROB video premiere yesterday in NYC.

How have you heard the album; I want it :max:

Rock The House and Hard Times leaked if you want.

Forgot how massive is the riff of Rock The House, Black Dog shit.

I can't seem to find them.

Some of the fan reviews from the listening party are saying that this album features Brian's best vocals since the glory days of Back In Black and For a Those About To Rock. It's amazing to think he's pulling off those kinds of vocals at his age. I'm beyond excited for both the album and tour.

The title track is great. It sounds like it could be the cousin of Nervous Shakedown which isn't a bad thing at all. I won't listen to any of the leaks but only a few weeks now for the album and hopefully some tour dates.

Someone's been posting a mock-up cover of the album that says "In Phil We Trust - Rudd or Bust" all over AC/DC's Facebook page. :lol:

Some of the fan reviews from the listening party are saying that this album features Brian's best vocals since the glory days of Back In Black and For a Those About To Rock. It's amazing to think he's pulling off those kinds of vocals at his age. I'm beyond excited for both the album and tour.

The title track is great. It sounds like it could be the cousin of Nervous Shakedown which isn't a bad thing at all. I won't listen to any of the leaks but only a few weeks now for the album and hopefully some tour dates.

Someone's been posting a mock-up cover of the album that says "In Phil We Trust - Rudd or Bust" all over AC/DC's Facebook page. :lol:

I don't think we'll get tour dates before the end of the year. In the AMA Angus and Cliff did over the weekend on Reddit someone asked when the tour would start, to which Cliff replied "early-ish next year" and which Angus corrected to "more 'ish' than 'early'". On the Black Ice tour most of the (North American) gigs were only announced 2 or 3 months in advance - the first leg of the tour was announced a mere 6 weeks before the opening night. Not sure how their tour announcements had been prior to 2008, but if Black Ice is the precedent to follow, I wouldn't expect a tour announcement until February or March.