Official: Axl will join AC/DC for stadium tour/US dates

ZoSoRose

Alright here is the moment of truth for me

EDIT- Clearly, I was drunk driving that day because there is nothing here resembling Brian yelling "Man Down". I'm also pretty underwhelmed with the album. It might be the production but it just all sounds really weak and lame to me. Hopefully its my speakers, but Angus' guitars sound so shriveled and nothing on this has really caught me yet.

Maybe I'm just not in an AC/DC mood

Edited by ZoSoRose

I'm really liking everything I've heard so far, haven't heard the full album. But for some reason AC/DC feels different to me this time around, the Black Ice years were "eh," I mean the tour was good, but I didn't love the music video, and I really didn't like the album.

I don't know why, but for some reason, AC/DC feels cooler this time around. Looking forward to listening to the album.

listened to the album today and will probably never listen to it again

generic blah :shrugs:

What did you expect? It's AC/DC. :lol:

I'm really liking everything I've heard so far, haven't heard the full album. But for some reason AC/DC feels different to me this time around, the Black Ice years were "eh," I mean the tour was good, but I didn't love the music video, and I really didn't like the album.

I don't know why, but for some reason, AC/DC feels cooler this time around. Looking forward to listening to the album.

listened to the album today and will probably never listen to it again

generic blah :shrugs:

What did you expect? It's AC/DC. :lol:

I've never been an AC/DC fan so I went in with low expectations and I felt they weren't even met

Edited by Sixes

Yeah, the album is pretty meh. But the band sounds great.

Sweet Ca-an-dy is the third single.

I think Rock Or Bust is brilliant, way cooler, heavier than Black Ice and SUL. Dogs Of War, Baptism By Fire and Emission Control are just great.

I think Emission Control is the best song on the album.

Listened to it twice and like how it's far more rocking than the previous two albums which tended to be a bit more bluesy and heavier. Standout tracks aside from the two singles for me are "Dogs of War" which is despite what some reviewers claim not reminiscent of "War Machine" (which to me was a little too similar to "Giving the Dog a Bone" for comfort) and also the excellent "Baptism by Fire", "Sweet Candy" because they sound like they could have been on Razors Edge."Hard Times" feels like a sequel to "Money Made" and "Emission Control" has a strong Black Ice vibe. The only track that is borderline cheese for me is "Rock the Blues away".

Well, I don't know... Black Ice is one of their best albums in my opinion. It's consistence is rare on AC/DC stuff. But I understand. The hype is bigger this time.

listened to it twice, this is slightly better than black ice but i wasnt a fan of black ice so take that for what its worth. the band sounds good, brian sounds the best i have heard him in a long time. i think im just not that into ac/dc anymore to be honest the songs are just kind of boring to be honest. baptism by fire, rock or bust are pretty damn good hard times and play ball are alright but the rest is just meh.