Official: Axl will join AC/DC for stadium tour/US dates

ZoSoRose

Fuck! Shit! Fuck! <_<Didn't manage to get tickets for Arnhem.

Me neither and I was very early.

You can still buy the expensive ones. You know with other ticket agences. But those are really expensive. I can't miss that money right before christmas. I hope, I can buy tickets still in January, but maybe I just have to accept it. Those other agencies buy huge amounts of tickets. That needs to change. We need a better system, this sucks so much.

Oh Username did you saw this?

http://www.gelderlander.nl/regio/arnhem-e-o/ac-dc-vult-gelredome-binnen-half-uur-storing-bij-kaartverkoop-1.4677138

Edited by MB.

I was pretty lucky, didn't even know they were on sale until 9:15 when I saw a friend complaining about prices on Facebook. I got in the online queue for AXS and Ticketmaster, and for the first or second time AXS failed me, but somehow I finally got through the Ticketmaster queue by about 9:46 and managed to get a ticket.

You can still buy the expensive ones. You know with other ticket agences. But those are really expensive. I can't miss that money right before christmas. I hope, I can buy tickets still in January, but maybe I just have to accept it. Those other agencies buy huge amounts of tickets. That needs to change. We need a better system, this sucks so much.

http://www.gelderlander.nl/regio/arnhem-e-o/ac-dc-vult-gelredome-binnen-half-uur-storing-bij-kaartverkoop-1.4677138

I'd rather not go at all than invest in a market that just makes disgusting profits by reselling tickets over the backs of music fans. Really, these people need to be shot. Simple and plain. These "agencies" disgust me.

I just bought tickets for Acda & de Munnik their farewell tour off Marktplaats. The guy explained he'd bought to many for his company's PV and they had some spares. Hardcopy, and he didn't want a euro more than the original ticket price. No bidding, just early bird gets the worm, no profit. Even went out of his way to find 4 euro's of change for the 70 I had with me. That's the only way I like buying tickets from any other place than Ticketmaster.

Like you said, we need a way to solve this problem, because it's absolutely insane. U2 tickets are offered on websites (including Marktplaats) at 3 times the original price before the shows even go on sale. It's insane.

And no, hadn't seen that! Explains a lot though! <_<

Edited by username
  • Like 1

They are not bothering their arse to come to Newcastle again (they have not been here since Ballbreaker) or I would have went. Johnson, yee fockin traitor.

How many major acts come to Newcastle? I remember seeing Metallica in Sheffield in '09 and was surprised they came there. Though I would expect a major act like AC/DC to be able to sell out venues across the country. There's a few days free either side of the Wembley gig, I'm guessing they'll announce a 2nd Wembley show at some point.

I would say, based on my experience, whenever there is an arena tour announced, there is about a 60-70% chance Newcastle Metro Arena will be listed. Bob Dylan comes here every tour. The Who always play. Metallica are fairly good also (Load and the DM tour). Incidentally, Metallica played Whitley Bay Ice Rink on the black album tour haha. Guns played in 2006 and 2012, so I suppose Axl is fairly good on the Geordies - we only really missed 2002. Heck, the old band played the City Hall in 1987 or 88 and Gateshead Stadium in 1992 (Duff got hit with a bottle of piss).

Conversely, Neil Young had not played the Toon in years (probably, not since in the City Hall, on the Tonights the Night Tour!) until he played here a year or so go. Kiss played here a year or so ago for the first time since the Crazy Nights Tour. Slash is not that keen on Tyneside either. He played here on the AL tour for the first time since Guns in 92 and missed us off the map again, this current tour. It is weird. Some acts religiously include Newcastle and others leave it off the map or only play every 20 years.

DC are fuckin traitors really because they used to play the Mayfair with Bon before they were big. Newcastle was one of their main loyal areas, when they were a working band. And later on, you have Brian who is from Gateshead from across the Tyne.

I'd rather not go at all than invest in a market that just makes disgusting profits by reselling tickets over the backs of music fans. Really, these people need to be shot. Simple and plain. These "agencies" disgust me.

I just bought tickets for Acda & de Munnik their farewell tour off Marktplaats. The guy explained he'd bought to many for his company's PV and they had some spares. Hardcopy, and he didn't want a euro more than the original ticket price. No bidding, just early bird gets the worm, no profit. Even went out of his way to find 4 euro's of change for the 70 I had with me. That's the only way I like buying tickets from any other place than Ticketmaster.

Like you said, we need a way to solve this problem, because it's absolutely insane. U2 tickets are offered on websites (including Marktplaats) at 3 times the original price before the shows even go on sale. It's insane.

And no, hadn't seen that! Explains a lot though! <_<

Do you guys know this site? https://www.ticketswap.nl/ I sold my tickets for Black Sabbath here when I couldnt go. Very good way of selling or buying concert tickets.

Damn it! Didnt get a ticket for Arnhem and now missed out on Paris.

Edited by st0n3r

Do you guys know this site? https://www.ticketswap.nl/ I sold my tickets for Black Sabbath here when I couldnt go. Very good way of selling or buying concert tickets.

Yup, good initiative! Still, some prices there aren't particularly fair (depending on the seller). But it's a lot better than the normal second hand market. Unfortunately there's lot of demand and not that much supply though! ;)

Yup, good initiative! Still, some prices there aren't particularly fair (depending on the seller). But it's a lot better than the normal second hand market. Unfortunately there's lot of demand and not that much supply though! ;)
Well, I decided to make a citytrip to Dresden with some friends for AC/DC. Tickets are still avaible and they are general access. http://www.eventim.de/acdc-dresden-Tickets.html?affiliate=SON&doc=artistPages%2Ftickets&fun=artist&action=tickets&key=1312841%244723645&jumpIn=yTix&kuid=10&from=erdetaila Edited by st0n3r
  • Like 2

€90 a ticket FFS. Guess my nephews won't be getting any Christmas presents from me this year.

Really not that much for a band of their popularity. Compare that to the Stones who charged €250 for most gigs in Europe this Summer.

I gave 99,50€ for the Stones and 101,40€ for AC/DC (both pitch standing)... plus, I also saw Aerosmith this year, so no Christmas presents from me either. :lol:

€90 a ticket FFS. Guess my nephews won't be getting any Christmas presents from me this year.

Really not that much for a band of their popularity. Compare that to the Stones who charged €250 for most gigs in Europe this Summer.

I gave 99,50€ for the Stones and 101,40€ for AC/DC (both pitch standing)... plus, I also saw Aerosmith this year, so no Christmas presents from me either. :lol:

Which Stones gig was that? I know they weren't all €250, I only €77 for the Rome gig. Still, there's so many bands I pay a comparable or larger amount to see in the US, and most of them aren't on the same level as AC/DC.

Which Stones gig was that? I know they weren't all €250, I only €77 for the Rome gig. Still, there's so many bands I pay a comparable or larger amount to see in the US, and most of them aren't on the same level as AC/DC.

Vienna, Austria.

AC/DC's Phil Rudd: 'I Want My Job Back'
The drummer calls the criminal charges against him "ludicrous" in a new interview

By Daniel Kreps | December 22, 2014

AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd has declared that he will be rejoining the group by the time it embarks on its world tour next year, despite facing charges of drug possession and threatening to kill in New Zealand. "I'm going back to work with AC/DC, and I don't care who likes it and who doesn't," Rudd told New Zealand's One News. "I want my job back, I want my reputation back and I'm gonna get it back. I'm gonna fucking take it back."

The drummer, who has pleaded not guilty, also called the charges against him "ludicrous." "This has just been a big ball of cheese, and all the rats are gathering and having a piece. That's just life. But that's not who I am," Rudd said of the charges against him. "Everyone listens to the wrong people. They should listen to me. I'm a good guy – and a pretty good drummer, by the way. Ask Angus [Young], he'll tell you." Rudd is due back in court February 10th, 2015 for a review hearing.

As for the drummer's immediate plans? "I'm going fishing, flying this afternoon and lots of fornicating tonight."

While Rudd does drum on Rock or Bust, AC/DC have soldiered on without him on the LP's promotional tour: Rudd didn't appear in early press photos for Rock or Bust, and drummer Bob Richards filled in for Rudd in both the "Play Ball" and "Rock or Bust" videos. "Phil's absence will not affect the release of our new album, Rock or Bust, and upcoming tour next year," the band wrote in a statement following Rudd's arrest.

Despite the sense that AC/DC were moving on without their longtime drummer, guitarist Angus Young was still undecided over Rudd's future with the band. "The drum situation is a question mark," Young told Rolling Stone. "But we will definitely be out there." The Rock and Roll Hall of Famers have still not made a definitive statement on Rudd's status, but expect a decision to be made before the Rock or Bust Tour kicks off May 5, 2015 in Arnhem, Holland.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/acdc-phil-rudd-i-want-my-job-back-20141222

What a character.

"Flying, fishing, and fornicating." :lol:

I still don't think he'll be back though only because of what Angus was saying. Apparently Phil was one minute "yes, I'm coming" and the next minute "no, I'm not" for the new album, so he's proven to be unreliable. According to Angus, it was the same when it came to the photos and videos. First he was saying he'd be there then at the last minute pull out. That promo stuff took place before his arrest so it wasn't like he was unable to leave the country for it.

I have no doubt Phil could drum just fine for the tour, but it's his unreliability as of late that makes me think the band (Angus) will still want a back-up plan. If the guy can prove to clean himself up and get rid of the charges by May, then maybe, but considering rehearsals will be long before then I won't hold my breath.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The UK has been treated poorly here with only two UK dates. France only have one! Well I suppose they are old geezers now, however, Germany have eight! I would have went but my days of travelling to shows are over.

They'll be doing another run of European shows. I'm almost certain of that.