Official: Axl will join AC/DC for stadium tour/US dates

ZoSoRose

I can't quote you guys on my work computer for some reason...

Auguyen92, tell me about it. I'm freaking out a bit!! I KNOW what I heard though. It was AC/DC, it was a song I had never heard, and Brian repeatedly said "Man down" throughout it. This was like 3 weeks ago, though. How has NOTHING appeared anywhere on the internet. I had my phone about to record it and thought to myself. "well that is silly, they clearly released it while I've been in the car" so I didn't. Fucking stupid of me. It was typical AC/DC but I quite enjoyed it.

Seriously though, now that the album isn't even called Man Down I may be fucked here. Why would they have the album be called something else but a song called Man Down if that was the original record name? I guess I could have heard some other band or song or something, but what singer sounds 99% like Brian and what guitar player sounds that much like Angus? And what are the chances they have a song called Man Down that I have never heard before?

But yeah, I have zero proof and I feel stupid for bringing it up here. I honestly am shocked there is no information anywhere!

And Powerage, go to the Detroit Maiden gig if they do one next year! I still haven't seen them!

EDIT- Silentjay, you seem to know a lot about this. Is there a song called Man Down on it? Please put me out of my misery!

EDIT2- That MLB clip does not sound like the song I heard...

Edited by ZoSoRose

Auguyen92, tell me about it. I'm freaking out a bit!! I KNOW what I heard though. It was AC/DC, it was a song I had never heard, and Brian repeatedly said "Man down" throughout it. This was like 3 weeks ago, though. How has NOTHING appeared anywhere on the internet. I had my phone about to record it and thought to myself. "well that is silly, they clearly released it while I've been in the car" so I didn't. Fucking stupid of me. It was typical AC/DC but I quite enjoyed it.

Seriously though, now that the album isn't even called Man Down I may be fucked here. Why would they have the album be called something else but a song called Man Down if that was the original record name? I guess I could have heard some other band or song or something, but what singer sounds 99% like Brian and what guitar player sounds that much like Angus? And what are the chances they have a song called Man Down that I have never heard before?

But yeah, I have zero proof and I feel stupid for bringing it up here. I honestly am shocked there is no information anywhere!

And Powerage, go to the Detroit Maiden gig if they do one next year! I still haven't seen them!

EDIT- Silentjay, you seem to know a lot about this. Is there a song called Man Down on it? Please put me out of my misery!

EDIT2- That MLB clip does not sound like the song I heard...

Its not unheard of for early ideas/reports/rumors for the title to be a song on the album, but not the final album title. I remember a few days before Black Ice was officially announced, it was all over the media that the album would be called Runaway Train.

Know this though - if there isn't a song called Man Down on the album, I'm nominating you for Shitposter Of The Year.

P.S. - I plan to catch Maiden in Detroit if they hit there next tour. Depending on the length of the tour, I'm probably looking to hit about 15 shows next time around. Gotta see if I can top my number of Maiden England gigs spanning the course of the tour :tongue2:

You know they only changed it because you leaked it! Nice going Zoso! I hope you're proud of yourself!

You know they only changed it because you leaked it! Nice going Zoso! I hope you're proud of yourself!

:lol:

Yes, but I don't know if the track made the final cut.

Fuck yeah, so there is a chance I won't be branded as forum liar!

God damn you, people! :lol:

Anyways, I just realized. "Just Play Ball" is not announced as a single, just as a song being used by the MLB. So I am sticking to my assumptions- "Man Down" will be the first single and it will be the song I heard. Just remember- Brian sings that in the chorus and Angus plays lead guitar over it at the end! That is such a unique format for an AC/DC song, there is no way you guys won't believe me!

The album cover sucks. Worst AC/DC album cover by far.

yeah it puts fly on the wall to shame or even for those about to rock, i hate that fucking cover as well.

as for the small clip it does sound like stiff upper lip and im a huge fan of that album, while i disliked black ice, i know im in the minority on that one but i could not get into it at all.

The album cover sucks. Worst AC/DC album cover by far.

yeah it puts fly on the wall to shame or even for those about to rock, i hate that fucking cover as well.

as for the small clip it does sound like stiff upper lip and im a huge fan of that album, while i disliked black ice, i know im in the minority on that one but i could not get into it at all.

I really liked Black Ice at the time, but it hasn't aged well. The only real standout tracks to me now are Rock N' Roll Train, Anything Goes (I know I'm in the minority on that one), War Machine, Stormy May Day, and Black Ice.

Title blows, album cover blows. Doesn't matter, it's an AC/DC album. That means it will be a lot like their previous 15 albums. But that won't matter either because it'll just rock without any huge standouts. It's what I expect of them. It's kind of like a new Izzy album. Same type of deal. Will go see them if they tour!

Edited by username

Title blows, album cover blows. Doesn't matter, it's an AC/DC album. That means it will be a lot like their previous 15 albums. But that won't matter either because it'll just rock without any huge standouts. It's what I expect of them. It's kind of like a new Izzy album. Same type of deal. Will go see them if they tour!

Exactly! Although rnr train was really good

Exactly! Although rnr train was really good
It's a great excuse for another tour! Plus, there's always a fee good songs! At least one great song per albuk, always!