Official: Axl will join AC/DC for stadium tour/US dates

ZoSoRose

Can you imagine Bryan Johnson going the Axl route and starts singing with a clean helium voice? :lol: TaaaAAAKEE IT!

Great they are still recording, I'm not a big fan but I respect them a lot, even though they never tried to expand their sound too much. I guess that's what it makes them ACDC.

New album..meh.

New tour..hell yeah!

Exactly :P but, they're only gonna take out the two or three slots for "new song" and fill them with a couple from this album and keep the same setlist, like they've been doing since the razors's edge tour... They should play some different tunes this time.

I agree completely. With the Stiff Upper Lip tour (and the short tour they did in 2003) they were really mixing up the set list with some old gems. With the Black Ice tour they more or less went back to playing the generic set list they've had since 1991. I wasn't disappointed at all (I caught them three times) but it'd be nice for something a little different this time around, especially for the 40th Anniversary. By the end of Black Ice they brought out a few extra songs, like Dog Eat Dog and High Voltage (the latter which hadn't been done in ages), but I'd like to see that from the start this time.

I can't imagine it takes them too long to relearn some of the old songs. :lol:

New album..meh.

New tour..hell yeah!

My thoughts as well. I didn't care for Black Ice too much and wasn't able to catch them on that tour. My parents did though and they enjoyed it.

Wish they did GA though because I'm probably not going to pay out the ass to have close seats.

AC/DC are cheaper than you'd probably expect - I was in the first 5 rows at all 3 gigs I saw and they were $90 each time. AC/DC are WELL worth shelling out for!

New album..meh.

New tour..hell yeah!

My thoughts as well. I didn't care for Black Ice too much and wasn't able to catch them on that tour. My parents did though and they enjoyed it.

Wish they did GA though because I'm probably not going to pay out the ass to have close seats.

AC/DC are cheaper than you'd probably expect - I was in the first 5 rows at all 3 gigs I saw and they were $90 each time. AC/DC are WELL worth shelling out for!

With Black Ice, I remember every ticket being like 92 bucks.

Yeah I remember paying something like $105? with fees, not bad at all compared to other acts who are of similar popularity to AC/DC, and the fact that you can get floor/close seats for that flat price is excellent.

EDIT: Just saw this, don't think it's been posted here yet: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/acdc_entering_studio_in_may_brian_johnson_confirms.html

Edited by OmarBradley

Maybe I'll actually score tickets this time. Black Ice tour in Toronto, the shows sold out in like 4 seconds. :confused:

That's why they did a second show :tongue2: But yeah, both of those dates sold crazy fast. Only managed to get tickets to the first one. They were like 7th row and the worst seats I had out of any of the gigs I did on the whole tour :lol:

Don't know if anyone caught That Metal Show this week, but Trunk said from what he's hearing it's possible that the tour won't be the classic 5 - whoever is/was sick may sit the tour out. That means it's definitely not Brian or Angus, and very unlikely it's Malcolm (They've played a handful of gigs without him but I can't see him sitting out a full tour). My bets are on Phil since he's had health issues before.

One of the other guys said they considered Black Ice the best AC/DC album since Fly On The Wall, and I lol'd. Isn't FOTW still widely considered the absolute worst AC/DC album? :lol:

Don't know if anyone caught That Metal Show this week, but Trunk said from what he's hearing it's possible that the tour won't be the classic 5 - whoever is/was sick may sit the tour out. That means it's definitely not Brian or Angus, and very unlikely it's Malcolm (They've played a handful of gigs without him but I can't see him sitting out a full tour). My bets are on Phil since he's had health issues before.

One of the other guys said they considered Black Ice the best AC/DC album since Fly On The Wall, and I lol'd. Isn't FOTW still widely considered the absolute worst AC/DC album? :lol:

That's a bummer. But if there's gonna be a replacement drummer, here's a vote for Chris Slade.

On the second note, I like FOTW more than Blow Up Your Video without a doubt, and maybe even The Razor's Edge. Always thought TRE was kinda overrated.

Edited by Mansin Humanity

That's a bummer. But if there's gonna be a replacement drummer, here's a vote for Chris Slade.

On the second note, I like FOTW more than Blow Up Your Video without a doubt, and maybe even The Razor's Edge. Always thought TRE was kinda overrated.

I agree that TRE is overrated. Blow Up Your Video and Fly On The Wall are both pretty poor in my opinion. Only 2 albums I could never really get into.

I'd be cool with Chris Slade filling in - Simon Wright too for that matter. It's not like either of them are exactly busy :lol:

I agree that TRE is overrated. Blow Up Your Video and Fly On The Wall are both pretty poor in my opinion. Only 2 albums I could never really get into.

I'd be cool with Chris Slade filling in - Simon Wright too for that matter. It's not like either of them are exactly busy :lol:

Realistically, they haven't had a great album since Back In Black. There's been a few good albums, and a bunch of good songs, but nothing as great as the pre-1981 releases.

• Like 2

Oh, definitely. Most of the albums since then I'd say were almost exactly half great, half shit. Like clockwork - there's about 5 songs on FTATR I love and 5 I don't care for, exact same for Flick Of The Switch, Razors Edge, Ballbreaker, etc.

That said, I do think Black Ice was the most solid album post-BIB.