Tour Surprises? Predictions?

There were no shortage of surprises in the 7 shows we've had so far.

The museum, Melissa Reese, the Throne, Coma, Bach and Angus...

What surprises (if any) do you think might be in store for us on this tour? If GnR history tells us anything, something big is bound to happen somewhere, doesn't it?

Honestly, and I don't mean it negatively, but I expect the most predictable unsurprising setlist. For a number of reasons. They are playing stadiums, and when you do that you largely need to cater to your most popular material. Makes sense, the set will be what I pretty much expected anyway, but their Vegas set was almost exactly all the songs I thought they'd have to play so I don't know what you take out. They all kind of have to be there, so they'd have to play a longer show to get surprises. Or drop a Chinese song. Also, they are only playing one night in most places. So if you weren't playing all the songs people want to hear cause its a stadium, you're playing them because people have waited 23 years to hear you ONE night play all the songs they want.

Just my thought. Hope I'm wrong. Honestly, I expected rarities in Vegas over anywhere else. There were no "demands" there. They could have done anything and didn't really stretch out more than Coma, which I give them credit for but still. For stadiums, and the rest of the world watching, I expect all the usuals. Yeah, I think when Lenny is there they do Always On The Run, but thats about it.

Let's hope I'm VERY VERY wrong, but I'm expecting nearly identical sets every single night. One or two changes, and by that I mean MAYBE My Michelle in there every now and then. Nothing drastic, but PLEASE prove me wrong.

• Like 3

I'd really love just one new song. Adler & Izzy for a song or two. I highly doubt either will happen.

I hope the museum travels. I think there will be some more deep cuts rotated in n out (because of that setlist in the background of one rehearsal pic). I'm still very curious about those Firebirds Slash has.

People don't like covers, but I'd really love a new ACDC cover. Walk All Over You or something. Something instead of Rosie or Riff Raff. I think this might be very likely. Maybe another Angus appearance somewhere?

1 hour ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I'd really love just one new song. Adler & Izzy for a song or two. I highly doubt either will happen.

I hope the museum travels. I think there will be some more deep cuts rotated in n out (because of that setlist in the background of one rehearsal pic). I'm still very curious about those Firebirds Slash has.

People don't like covers, but I'd really love a new ACDC cover. Walk All Over You or something. Something instead of Rosie or Riff Raff. I think this might be very likely. Maybe another Angus appearance somewhere?

Honestly, now that Axl is touring with AC/DC, leave the AC/DC covers out of Guns. They are playing a bit too many covers as it is already. There are TWO they have to play which are the two on Illusions. Anything else, IMO if its not on Spaghetti I'm not quite sure why its in. We have such little time, don't waste it by playing stuff like The Seeker (which I'd like to say I adore, but it just doesn't belong in the set IMO).

I highly doubt we get a new song although I'd love one to. If nothing other than the fact that Axl has been busy completely since their last shows. He's literally been with AC/DC since, so unless they had one ready to go and Axl didn't have to learn anything, I think its unrealistic. Even if they somehow finished The General, we saying Axl is ready to sing it live? I doubt it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Honestly, now that Axl is touring with AC/DC, leave the AC/DC covers out of Guns. They are playing a bit too many covers as it is already. There are TWO they have to play which are the two on Illusions. Anything else, IMO if its not on Spaghetti I'm not quite sure why its in. We have such little time, don't waste it by playing stuff like The Seeker (which I'd like to say I adore, but it just doesn't belong in the set IMO).

I highly doubt we get a new song although I'd love one to. If nothing other than the fact that Axl has been busy completely since their last shows. He's literally been with AC/DC since, so unless they had one ready to go and Axl didn't have to learn anything, I think its unrealistic. Even if they somehow finished The General, we saying Axl is ready to sing it live? I doubt it.

I agree for the most part. But I think they will acknowledge the Axl/DC thing by playing one. They always do one anyway. I'd like a different one. Axl obviously has learned a shit ton. Slash n Duff might have a favorite they'd like to jam on. If Axl happened to know the same one, it could come together easily. I totally understand not wanting covers from a large portion of fans though. I want more deep UYI cuts myself.

I listened to ACDC Go Down this morning. GnR could fuckin kill that. Kinda funky groove for Duff, Richard n Frank. A solo that Slash could kill on...

• Like 1

Just now, Fitha_whiskey said:

I listened to ACDC Go Down this morning. GnR could fuckin kill that. Kinda funky groove for Duff, Richard n Frank. A solo that Slash could kill on...

You do know who you're convincing lol. Go Down IS my favorite AC/DC. I do think it'd be kind of cool to see Axl take a whack at it. But with AC/DC, not Guns. I think we just agree to disagree. AC/DC has already totally overshadowed the Guns tour, I really DON'T think Guns will acknowledge it. There's no reason to. Axl might tell a story or "rant" about it if you will, but I seriously highly doubt they'll acknowledge the Axl/DC thing. They played shows in April and only played AC/DC onceto my memory and that was WITH Angus himself. I think AC/DC covers are gone. In fact, I'd be more willing to bet they use other covers like The Seeker and stuff to fill that void before playing more AC/DC.

Again, just a difference of opinion I guess. Now that Axl is actually with AC/DC, I think there's no way it gets play during a Guns show.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

There were no shortage of surprises in the 7 shows we've had so far.

The museum, Melissa Reese, the Throne, Coma, Bach and Angus...

What surprises (if any) do you think might be in store for us on this tour? If GnR history tells us anything, something big is bound to happen somewhere, doesn't it?

Gotta tell ya, I'm really not expecting much but, hoping that regardless of who feels who should be in the band versus who isn't, that the original 5 from appetite get on stage together at some point. They went thru something very special together in the early days and it's just too significant to get on stage together for something. I can accept the lineup they have now regardless of izzy and who's on drums but, those 5 guys are the reason we can even talk guns n roses to this day. 

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

Gotta tell ya, I'm really not expecting much but, hoping that regardless of who feels who should be in the band versus who isn't, that the original 5 from appetite get on stage together at some point. They went thru something very special together in the early days and it's just too significant to get on stage together for something. I can accept the lineup they have now regardless of izzy and who's on drums but, those 5 guys are the reason we can even talk guns n roses to this day. 

As time has gone by, I'm almost more and more sure we're NOT getting the Appetite 5 on this tour. Its all very clear they plan to see it as those 3. If they don't have the other two come along at any point, no one can really get mad because they were never promised. But if they do show, then people are gonna be mad it didn't happen everywhere. At least hardcores.

I really do think as time has gone on that they will keep Steven and Izzy for when they need them, ie. another tour after people are done with Guns nostalgia.