Tour Surprises? Predictions?

51 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

As time has gone by, I'm almost more and more sure we're NOT getting the Appetite 5 on this tour. Its all very clear they plan to see it as those 3. If they don't have the other two come along at any point, no one can really get mad because they were never promised. But if they do show, then people are gonna be mad it didn't happen everywhere. At least hardcores.

I really do think as time has gone on that they will keep Steven and Izzy for when they need them, ie. another tour after people are done with Guns nostalgia.

I think you could be right on that. 2017 is the 30 yr of AFD. They could make an easy fortune with a Vegas residency with the original lineup playing it front to back. Add in some Lies or Crash Diet type stuff or whatever. Or even a tour.

I think this tour is strictly this lineup. But, who the fuck knows for sure. 

I can't wait to get this thing going again in a couple weeks!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I think you could be right on that. 2017 is the 30 yr of AFD. They could make an easy fortune with a Vegas residency with the original lineup playing it front to back. Add in some Lies or Crash Diet type stuff or whatever. Or even a tour.

I think this tour is strictly this lineup. But, who the fuck knows for sure. 

I can't wait to get this thing going again in a couple weeks!

A Vegas residency will probably never happen again. This lineup is too big

However, I'd fucking love that and would go again in a second

• Like 4

I'm really hoping for a new song, especially since GN'R are no strangers to playing new and unreleased material. That said, i think Axl's comments at the China Exchange threw some water on things. Rumours were going around at the start of the year that Slash had already laid down some tracks for CD-era stuff, but Axl's comments suggested that not much has been done about the material, even though he is writing new stuff.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, gunsfanoldie said:

As time has gone by, I'm almost more and more sure we're NOT getting the Appetite 5 on this tour. Its all very clear they plan to see it as those 3. If they don't have the other two come along at any point, no one can really get mad because they were never promised. But if they do show, then people are gonna be mad it didn't happen everywhere. At least hardcores.

I really do think as time has gone on that they will keep Steven and Izzy for when they need them, ie. another tour after people are done with Guns nostalgia.

I feel like guest spots are possible and you never know. But as far as a whole tour? I'm not expecting it either, but obviously since GNR only advertises 3 members I think it's clear those are the only 3 they're fully committed to

5 hours ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I sort of agree. Some still can't accept that Frank is the drummer now. Bringing in Steven for example would spark more conflict within fans. I love Steven as a drummer but I don't feel he is evolved enough to play Illusions or CD material.

With Izzy it's much of the same though many fans know Izzy isn't in general into the touring life so perhaps that more likely that he shows up here and there.

I do hope that at some point we get to hear them but agree it would just erupt the fans into blah blah blah

• Like 3

Because of this AXL/DC tour I'm hoping this gives Axl the appetite to sing more deep cuts. Locomotive , Dead Horse , Breakdown  Don't Damn Me and Nice Boys would be good. I think we might see an appearance or 2 from Adler and maybe Izzy but not together. 

• Like 1

I think Dead Horse might be a definite possibility. Does anyone else remember around the time of the Troubador show (I think it may have been the day of?) there was a pic posted of a guitar pick that said "Axl" on the back? At the time, I immediately thought Dead Horse. Then the show happened, bones broken, thrones inherited. I was just listening to Dead Horse and remembered this. 

Why else would a pick have Axl on it?

I predict the same setlist we saw in April.  Unfortunately.

My wish list:

Drop the cover songs: LALD, KOHD, The Seeker.  Replace with deep cut songs: Anything Goes, Don't Damn Me...I mean, freaking throw in Shadow of your love!  I would think it would be fun to dust off those songs.  And don't damn me has never been played so what a treat for die-hard fans if they played it.

I'd like Duff to replace Attiude or Raw Power with one of his solo songs like: Believe in me, Man in the Meadow, FU Beyond Belief

I'd like to minimize the chinese democracy songs to just 1 or 2.  Keep This I Love and maybe Madagascar, but no need for Better or Chinese Democracy.

Axl is ready to play Perfect Crime.  The ACDC tour proved to me the man can sing that song.  Please play it!

I know Axl is happy these days, but I really miss the rants and stories in between songs.  So, more talking by Axl.

I'm not adding a new song as part of my wish list because I just don't see that happening.  But, yeah, like everyone, if they did, that would be awesome!!!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ryanf23 said:

I predict the same setlist we saw in April.  Unfortunately.

My wish list:

Drop the cover songs: LALD, KOHD, The Seeker.  Replace with deep cut songs: Anything Goes, Don't Damn Me...I mean, freaking throw in Shadow of your love!  I would think it would be fun to dust off those songs.  And don't damn me has never been played so what a treat for die-hard fans if they played it.

I'd like Duff to replace Attiude or Raw Power with one of his solo songs like: Believe in me, Man in the Meadow, FU Beyond Belief

I'd like to minimize the chinese democracy songs to just 1 or 2.  Keep This I Love and maybe Madagascar, but no need for Better or Chinese Democracy.

Axl is ready to play Perfect Crime.  The ACDC tour proved to me the man can sing that song.  Please play it!

I know Axl is happy these days, but I really miss the rants and stories in between songs.  So, more talking by Axl.

I'm not adding a new song as part of my wish list because I just don't see that happening.  But, yeah, like everyone, if they did, that would be awesome!!!

I agree with every word you're saying. I certainly hope at least some of it comes true.

-Totally agree about dropping the covers. They won't, but they should. And yeah, stuff like Shadow Of Your Love and Don't Damn Me would be amazing.

-While I agree about Duff maybe singing a better song, he definitely gets a better reaction singing something people know. I actually DIDN'T want Attitude this tour. I was just like "do something new. You have so many other better songs." And they started playing New Rose. And I LOVE New Rose! Saw it in Vegas, and you know what? It didn't sound that great. Night 2 I thought we were definitely in for the same, then he started Wrap Your Arms Around A Memory. And I'm like "wow, cool. At least its something different." Then it went into Attitude... and I fuckin' lost it. It was awesome. Definitely one of the highlights of the weekend for me. I was totally wrong. They kill that song too much for it not to be played and it is known as a "classic standby" for them that I'm now fine with it staying.

-Agree about minimizing Chinese songs, or deleting them completely, but you've got which ones wrong. Or more I think there's no way they drop the ones you said. They added a new intro to Better. That one has to be staying. And Chinese is the title track and maybe most known/straight ahead rock. I think those have way more chance of staying than TIL or Madagascar.

-Perfect Crime would be great and since they've played Coma I find it isn't as unrealistic as I would have thought. When did we hear they had rehearsed it? That sounds familiar but I don't remember when I heard that.

-I desperately miss the rants too. I agree its better that he's happy, but part of Axl's charm was his talking to the audience.

4 hours ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I agree with every word you're saying. I certainly hope at least some of it comes true.

-Totally agree about dropping the covers. They won't, but they should. And yeah, stuff like Shadow Of Your Love and Don't Damn Me would be amazing.

-While I agree about Duff maybe singing a better song, he definitely gets a better reaction singing something people know. I actually DIDN'T want Attitude this tour. I was just like "do something new. You have so many other better songs." And they started playing New Rose. And I LOVE New Rose! Saw it in Vegas, and you know what? It didn't sound that great. Night 2 I thought we were definitely in for the same, then he started Wrap Your Arms Around A Memory. And I'm like "wow, cool. At least its something different." Then it went into Attitude... and I fuckin' lost it. It was awesome. Definitely one of the highlights of the weekend for me. I was totally wrong. They kill that song too much for it not to be played and it is known as a "classic standby" for them that I'm now fine with it staying.

-Agree about minimizing Chinese songs, or deleting them completely, but you've got which ones wrong. Or more I think there's no way they drop the ones you said. They added a new intro to Better. That one has to be staying. And Chinese is the title track and maybe most known/straight ahead rock. I think those have way more chance of staying than TIL or Madagascar.

-Perfect Crime would be great and since they've played Coma I find it isn't as unrealistic as I would have thought. When did we hear they had rehearsed it? That sounds familiar but I don't remember when I heard that.

-I desperately miss the rants too. I agree its better that he's happy, but part of Axl's charm was his talking to the audience.

You can see Perfect Crime on the bottom of the set list options.

Edited by James Bond
Fixed the link.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I agree about the intro to Attitude with You can't put your arms around a memory...that was a pretty awesome moment.  And when I got to Atlanta to see them, it would be cool to hear it.

Yeah, I don't think Axl will drop the songs  I mentioned, only that I wish he would :-)  Slash's solo on TIL is too amazing to me for that song to be dropped though. 

Perfect Crime was shown once as a potential song GNR posted online...it was like a setlist and at the bottom I think it said "alt songs" and listed PC and Nice Boys and a few others.