STEVEN ADLER ON DRUMS!! Out to Get Me! LIVE!!!!

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Dude lets not forget that Duff took Steven with him on tour for Loaded and that didn't go so well.  You seem to think it's as easy as booting Frank to make way for Steven and it's not.  And I love Steven so don't go there.

Exactly. I say there is 0% chance they'll fire Frank and replace him with Steven. However, I do hope they bring Steven to every show, even if it's just for a couple of songs. He's cool with that and everyone wants to see him perform with the guys.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

I hope you are right but the sold out stadiums have shown fans will accept the current band as GnR without Steven of Izzy............The Stones trotted out Mick Taylor for 2 songs every show the recentt U.S. and Asia tours and while fans ate it up there was no revolt when they kicked Mick T. to the curb for the latest South American tour...........

The one positive that could make it possible is Slash and Duff are clean now so there might be less temptation for Steven to fall off the wagon if he came on full time.........Let's hope it happens!

What sold out stadiums?  Chicago night 1 is the only one that was sold out....of course they are selling out in the biggest markets, but yet have closed the upper level at every other show save Detroit.

so they aren't selling out stadiums in their current incarnation.

27 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

You seem to think it's as easy as booting Frank to make way for Steven and it's not.  And I love Steven so don't go there.

Everybody seems to think after 2 songs, that Steven is 100% reliable and tour ready now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

What sold out stadiums?  Chicago night 1 is the only one that was sold out....of course they are selling out in the biggest markets, but yet have closed the upper level at every other show save Detroit.

Live Nation said Detroit was sold out...and they forecast that they will sell 90% of all remaining available tickets for the tour.   Keep in mind that scalpers have been buying up thousands of seats for every show and they apparently have not been able to resell a lot of the tickets they bought...since they ask 2x - 5x face value.  Just because a stadium may not look "packed" doesn't mean the show isn't sold out.

Otherwise I would tend to agree that if the Classic 5 were to reunite, tickets sales would be even better.

Edited by Kasanova King

2 hours ago, classicrawker said:

I hope you are right but the sold out stadiums have shown fans will accept the current band as GnR without Steven of Izzy...........

Except they aren't selling out Stadiums.. They are blocking off entire upper levels and there are not even close to a tough ticket to get... My Uncle was on teh field in Cinci and said there were a lot of completely empty rows in the sections around him.

I believe you are from Boston too right? The 1rst Foxboro show was being advertised as "sold out" until a couple weeks ago they released thousands of tickets on ticketmaster which aren't selling. Not to mention the thousands on stub hub that aren't selling. I saw $280 section A seats dropped down to $120 bucks yesterday.

45 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Live Nation said Detroit was sold out...and they forecast that they will sell 90% of all remaining available tickets for the tour.   Keep in mind that scalpers have been buying up thousands of seats for every show and they apparently have not been able to resell a lot of the tickets they bought...since they ask 2x - 5x face value.  Just because a stadium may not look "packed" doesn't mean the show isn't sold out.

Otherwise I would tend to agree that if the Classic 5 were to reunite, tickets sales would be even better.

I didn't see where Detroit was cited as being an actual sell out, even though knew it ended up doing well....so sue me :)

I was actually also referring to a report (by an actual media outlet) that Cincy was "sold out", but they removed floor seating and closed thriller level there so I know it wasn't :)

3 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I didn't see where Detroit was cited as being an actual sell out, even though knew it ended up doing well....so sue me :)

I was actually also referring to a report (by an actual media outlet) that Cincy was "sold out", but they removed floor seating and closed thriller level there so I know it wasn't :)

I think once they make around $5 mil gross tickets sales per show, they consider it sold out.....rumor has it that's what they need to average per show for the show to be profitable for all parties involved.  So I'm guessing once they hit that number and don't sell anymore tickets, they rearrange the seating for optimal viewing, etc...idk, just a guess.

3 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I think once they make around $5 mil gross tickets sales per show, they consider it sold out.....rumor has it that's what they need to average per show for the show to be profitable for all parties involved.  So I'm guessing once they hit that number and don't sell anymore tickets, they rearrange the seating for optimal viewing, etc...idk, just a guess.

I think that makes a lot of sense...I know two days before Cincy you could buy upper level tix, but then the da before and day of you could not.   So I'm guessing there's a decision made in there somewhere they are going to close sections and reseat people not only for the reasons you said but also for thing staffing of concessions etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tsinindy said:

I don't think those stadiums are going to sell out because Steven Adler's there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tsinindy said:

So maybe they are not selling out every show but they have sold a shit load of tickets and as someone mentioned adding steven is not goging to make that big of a difference selling many more seats. IMHO as long as Axl and Slash are on stage that is all most fans care about.............

Edited by classicrawker

59 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Except they aren't selling out Stadiums.. They are blocking off entire upper levels and there are not even close to a tough ticket to get... My Uncle was on teh field in Cinci and said there were a lot of completely empty rows in the sections around him.

I believe you are from Boston too right? The 1rst Foxboro show was being advertised as "sold out" until a couple weeks ago they released thousands of tickets on ticketmaster which aren't selling. Not to mention the thousands on stub hub that aren't selling. I saw $280 section A seats dropped down to $120 bucks yesterday.

Yup about an hour west of Beantown proper...........They must have sold pretty well to add a second show......in any case I have been checking every day on stub hub and no section A seats for less than about $200 a ticket so I will wait unitl close to show day and see what I can grab..........

22 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

motherfucker looks 35. I assume he's there next show!

He does! People are quick to put him down because of his struggle with addiction, but he looks the most fresh-faced GNR member.

Happy for him.

Hi everyone!!!!!!!:P

Boy I love this band since I was a teenage , it was great to see Adler there but in my opinion he is a problematic guy, the opossite of Frank.  So Frank fits better in general terms.

Steven would be a "chemistry killer" right now.

Edited by Juliette

Solution to the "Frank playing vs. Adler playing debate."

Adler plays all the Appetite/Lies stuff, Frank plays everything else. It's not the first time the idea of two drummers has come up for Guns N' Roses. It might be overkill, but hey, why not? Axl doesn't have to fire Frank and Steven gets to play what is rightfully his. The best part? No Matt Sorum drum solo to sit through!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Modano09 said:

I don't think those stadiums are going to sell out because Steven Adler's there.

That isn't what I was saying...I was pointing out they aren't selling out most stadiums now as the OP was insinuating.  

27 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

That isn't what I was saying...I was pointing out they aren't selling out most stadiums now as the OP was insinuating.  

Go back and read my op as I never said they were selling out most stadiums, as those are your words, just that they were selling out stadiums which I have read....I have no way to verify a sell out other than what I read...........in any case IMHO I doubt adding Steven and or Izzy will sell that many more tickets.....