07/31/16 - New Orleans Mercedes Benz Superdome

downzy

2 minutes ago, ironmt said:

It Is simply amazing and I don't think many would have ever expected them to be this big again and playing stadiums.

Being that I was a mere 8 years old in 1993, I missed the entire first run of the band. I got in to them when I was 13 years old (1998), saw Nu-GNR 4 times over the years, and I loved all of those shows, don't get me wrong, but seeing the Philly show a few weeks ago was a completely different animal - damn near a religious experience. Here I am now, a 31 year old, and I nearly broke in to tears seeing Axl, Slash, and Duff together, because I never thought that it would ever happen. Check that one off of the bucket list.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

I missed it. What was different 

The way Axl sings "I never wanted it to die". He did it in two parts with a huge and long sustained note.

I dont know how to explain, Im not vocal coach but look for it tomorrow.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

Being that I was a mere 8 years old in 1993, I missed the entire first run of the band. I got in to them when I was 13 years old (1998), saw Nu-GNR 4 times over the years, and I loved all of those shows, don't get me wrong, but seeing the Philly show a few weeks ago was a completely different animal - damn near a religious experience. Here I am now, a 31 year old, and I nearly broke in to tears seeing Axl, Slash, and Duff together, because I never thought that it would ever happen. Check that one off of the bucket list.

I had the pleasure of seeing them In 1992 on the Use Your Illusion Tour at Three Rivers Stadium In Pittsburgh Pa and many times after and It Is great to see the younger guys like yourself getting the opportunity to see the REAL Guns N Roses.

Edited by ironmt
  • Like 1

Just now, The Real McCoy said:

It's so funny seeing all of these classic bands getting shown love these days. When I was first getting in to the band (7th / 8th grade), everyone got on my case for loving GN'R and Aerosmith, while they were listening to KoRn and Limp Bizkit...fast forward almost 20 years later, and KoRn and Bizkit are the subjects of "Where Are They Now?" articles, while GN'R and Aerosmith live on...

Very true.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

I really wish Duff's songs were You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/So Fine

Cant play those both together.. So Fine is a slow song, would be a poor fit

its fine the way it is with You Cant Put Your Arms Around A Memory followed by Attitude/Raw Power/New Rose