New album this year rumour

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

The whole argument is rendered idiotic considering AC/DC fans could walk into a store last year and buy a brand new spanking album.

The entire idea of Axl functioning in Guns like any AC/DC member past or present in the band including Phil Rudd is ludicrous.

Not accepting Axl puts out an album once every 10 years give or take is naive.

Is there even an AC/DC left? with Axl's help they have finished the tour, but AC/DC for all intents and purposes is dead. It's just Angus, a relative of his, and Slade.

And that album was shit. Rock or bust was terrible. Like the one before it.

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

The entire idea of Axl functioning in Guns like any AC/DC member past or present in the band including Phil Rudd is ludicrous.

Not accepting Axl puts out an album once every 10 years give or take is naive.

Is there even an AC/DC left? with Axl's help they have finished the tour, but AC/DC for all intents and purposes is dead. It's just Angus, a relative of his, and Slade.

And that album was shit. Rock or bust was terrible. Like the one before it.

I agree that AC/DC should retire, but disagree with you on your assessment of Rock or Bust which is a superb little album.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I agree that AC/DC should retire, but disagree with you on your assessment of Rock or Bust which is a superb little album.

I gotta respect Angus and how professional he is. He finished what he started. I would still love it if he puts together another line up and records with Axl. I wonder if Angus will continue. Remains to be seen. At least now he knows he has Axl at his disposal if he chooses to do more.

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I like the title track once axl made it his. The Brian version doesn't cut the mustard. Axl really saved that band and breathed new life into a dying band. I'd love to see him front vanj halen now.

14 hours ago, Mr. Dude said:

The current delay in new material has to be due to slash and duff

Axl has a record finished for a while so obviously the hold up this time has to be duff and slash.

If that's the case, how were Duff & Slash responsible for the last record being delayed for ages when Axl claimed it was finished?

How would Axl even sound on a new record? Would it be overly polished or stripped down and raw? That's my  biggest concern. Really don't want to hear "Scraped" type vocals over a memorable Slash riff. Would love for it to be somewhat Acca Dacca inspired and he use those voices more. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

4 minutes ago, tajandreas said:

How would Axl even sound on a new record? Would it be overly polished or stripped down and raw? That's my  biggest concern. Really don't want to hear "Scraped" type vocals over a memorable Slash riff. Would love for it to be somewhat Acca Dacca inspired and he use those voices more. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

That's your biggest concern? that's fine, it's just my biggest concern when it comes to another Guns album is getting to hear it. Whatever it is. I envy Slash, Duff, Bach, and even Frank. I don't envy Pitman though, but I'm grateful for If The World.

I trust Axl when it comes to quality. Especially vocals. It will sound like Angel Down/UYI. I don't think he will use his clean voice again. It can be raspy and polished like Illusions. When has Axl ever done stripped down? I wouldn't count on it. Expect many layers. Delayed layers.

Edited by Rovim

11 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

Its funny that this is coming from an acdc fan. A band who is only playing their hits for years. Same setlist, same stage acting.

AC/DC keep me satisfied. They're on tour to support an new album.  They're not afraid to play a new song next to classics. They're not playing cover songs. They're not milking the cow with only three albums.

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

2008? You are really stretching the credibility of what constitutes a 'new album' here!!

At the end of the day, DC play two new songs per show from one brand new album. Guns play no new songs per show from no new album.

Ok. Genrlay more songs from their latest album than acdc play from their last 3 combined.

Edited by Mr. Dude
Coherence

18 minutes ago, Mr. Dude said:

Ok. Genrlay more songs from their latest album than acdc play from their last 3 combined.

I've seen AC/DC 4 times now.  The 2009 and 2015 shows were very similar. There were two differences in the concerts. The first  was  Rock  or Bust being added to the setlist. The second was that the 2015 show seemed like AC/DC was mailing it in. The 2009 show at Giants Stadium was much better. Other than that, both concerts were the same. They both had the same setlist and Angus doing his 18 minute solo on Let There Be Rock. This is why I don't get the complaints of the same set list regarding GNR. 

When I saw AC/DC with Axl at MSG in September, it looked to me like Angus had more energy.  If it wasn't for Axl, I would have skipped this concert since I saw AC/DC  in 2015.  I hope this was the last AC/DC show.  If it is then it would be fitting since my first AC/DC concert was at MSG in 2000. I would like to see a collaboration between Axl and Angus, but not under the AC/DC name. 

35 minutes ago, Mr. Dude said:

Four songs have been played from Rock or Bust, although not all at once. Generally a typical Brian Rock or Bust show had two-three Rock or Bust songs and one Black Ice song. I do not know how this compares with your hybrid but in any scenario there is the obvious difference that Rock or Bust is a brand new album that AC/DC fans could walk into a shop and buy, and that that album was the affiliated album to a tour, whereas Chinese Democracy is eight years old and the Chinese Tour - according to wiki - ended five years ago.

With only the briefest time span of just over one month, AC/DC marginally missed out on releasing two albums since Chinese (Black Ice arrived October, Chinese November 2008). And let's not forget that Stiff Upper Lip was released 2000 and Ballbreaker 1995. That is four albums released by AC/DC post-Use Your Illusion to today: four albums to Axl's one!!

Lol. So the best defense of Axl releasing one album in the last 25 years is to bash what other bands are doing? 

Lots of major bands played similar setlists tour after tour. Lots of bands play a huge variety of songs on their tours. Neither one has anything to do with Axl. 

People complain about Axl's lack of variety on tours/setlists because of how he operated in the past. 

There is an interview with Axl where he says he would HATE to turn into a band that just played their hits every night. Alas - he has turned into what he once said he would hate to become. 

And a lot of us grew up with Appetite and Illusions. According to wiki, GnR played 48 different songs on the Illusions tour. That's a tour with a ton of variety and changes to the set list. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silent Jay said:

AC/DC keep me satisfied. They're on tour to support an new album.  They're not afraid to play a new song next to classics. They're not playing cover songs. They're not milking the cow with only three albums.

AC/DC new song is like AC/DC old song. Not exactly like Bob Dylan going electric.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Four songs have been played from Rock or Bust, although not all at once. Generally a typical Brian Rock or Bust show had two-three Rock or Bust songs and one Black Ice song. I do not know how this compares with your hybrid but in any scenario there is the obvious difference that Rock or Bust is a brand new album that AC/DC fans could walk into a shop and buy, and that that album was the affiliated album to a tour, whereas Chinese Democracy is eight years old and the Chinese Tour - according to wiki - ended five years ago.

With only the briefest time span of just over one month, AC/DC marginally missed out on releasing two albums since Chinese (Black Ice arrived October, Chinese November 2008). And let's not forget that Stiff Upper Lip was released 2000 and Ballbreaker 1995. That is four albums released by AC/DC post-Use Your Illusion to today: four albums to Axl's one!!

Yeah, but there is more good material on Chinese democracy than everything acdc has done since back in black combined. That may sound hyperbolic, but in reality it's really not.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Dude said:

Yeah, but there is more good material on Chinese democracy than everything acdc has done since back in black combined. That may sound hyperbolic, but in reality it's really not.

I disagree. Chinese Democracy is the second worst album I have in my music collection.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Dude said:

In 2008, Rock N Roll Train was a huge hit on radio while Chinese Democracy vanished into dust.

48 minutes ago, Apollo said:

People complain about Axl's lack of variety on tours/setlists because of how he operated in the past. 

There is an interview with Axl where he says he would HATE to turn into a band that just played their hits every night. Alas - he has turned into what he once said he would hate to become. 

I just checked a few setlists at setlist.fm from 1991, 1992 and 1993. When you look at a lot of those setlists from the UYI tour, even back then they kinda played the same setlist every night... they changed a few songs here and there, and maybe introduced some other songs during another leg of the tour, but even back then there wasn't too much variety. 

4 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I just checked a few setlists at setlist.fm from 1991, 1992 and 1993. When you look at a lot of those setlists from the UYI tour, even back then they kinda played the same setlist every night... they changed a few songs here and there, and maybe introduced some other songs during another leg of the tour, but even back then there wasn't too much variety. 

You're right. I guess the biggest changes from night to night were the 1991 shows before the release of the albums, they kinda tested the waters with their new songs. Once the albums were released, the setlist sorta settled.

Edited by Spirit