Which band/artist has the worst fanbase?

Towelie

21 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

slightly off topic but l was just thinking if ANY band/artist had the bigggest impact on the fans as the Beatles? then i saw this thread and remembered Elvis. so how many here think the Beatles had the most rabid fans and which preferred Elvis?? just wondering? :question:

You would have needed to gauge the fathoms of teenage female urine flooding-out their respective concert halls to discover that.

• Like 1

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ewwwwwww. ok nevermind :P

It actually happened, that, and is immortalised in The Who lyric, ''the ushers are sniffing Eau-de-cologning'' (5:15, Quadrophenia); the ushers used to spray the seats with the stuff between shows the eradicate the smell. Bill Wyman, in the documentary Crossfire Hurricane, also mentions the rivers of urine flowing down the aisles of early Stones' shows.

• Like 1

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

It actually happened, that, and is immortalised in The Who lyric, ''the ushers are sniffing Eau-de-cologning'' (5:15, Quadrophenia); the ushers used to spray the seats with the stuff between shows the eradicate the smell. Bill Wyman, in the documentary Crossfire Hurricane, also mentions the rivers of urine flowing down the aisles of early Stones' shows.

ok that is just gross *blech*

On 5 October 2016 at 8:06 PM, DieselDaisy said:

It might've been worth considering the notion of geezers who've had a skinful crammed into dingy concert halls dying for a slash and just doing it where they stood also.  I did that at an Iggy gig once and yknow what, no one fuckin noticed :lol:

there seems to be this weird notion that if you like (a part) of a band's music, you subscribe to this unwritten rule that you have to "defend" them as much as possible on the broadest field of interests: musical direction, image, message, playing ability at older age, ....

Brian May just recently said something along the lines of "with fans like these, who needs enemies". The same principle has been mentioned earlier in this thread too.

What is a "fan" though? there are bands I only like two albums of. In some cases I like one album, in other cases I happen to like everything they throw at us.

I'm not sure I want to be part of this social meme where I'm turning in a "fan" when I listen to a band's music, and my "fan rating" is then measured to the amount of support I give to that band.

I own EVERYTHING Queen has ever released with Freddie on vocals. however, I absolutely loathe the live direction Queen went in recent years. I'm also the loudest criticaster of sub par releases like the upcoming Queen on air release, because it's just plain ridiculous and a smack in the face.

When I start to listen to a band, and tell other people what I like about a band, I also reserve the right to criticize them when I "need" to.

I understand that the world is populated with sheep, and that's probably where this perverse notion started, but like everyone I have a brain of myself and I can think for myself.

• Like 1

On 5-10-2016 at 7:58 PM, Gracii Guns said:

I'm yet to meet a mad keen Pink Floyd fan who I've liked.

That can be arranged. We'd have to grab a coffee some time. 
(my intial reaction was going to be "FUCK YOU", but then I realized that might actually prove your point)

Also, why hasn't anybody in this thread said Slipknot yet? 

I also despise Dream Theatre fans because they instantly feel better than you because they listen to music with ridiculous timing and bars and what not. That's a known issue with Prog fans, but with Dream Theatre it's the worst. 

Edited by username
  • Like 1

Radiohead fans should be gassed. 

1 hour ago, username said:

That can be arranged. We'd have to grab a coffee some time. 
(my intial reaction was going to be "FUCK YOU", but then I realized that might actually prove your point)

Also, why hasn't anybody in this thread said Slipknot yet? 

I also despise Dream Theatre fans because they instantly feel better than you because they listen to music with ridiculous timing and bars and what not. That's a known issue with Prog fans, but with Dream Theatre it's the worst. 

I haven't had a problem with Slipknot fans, but Dream Theater is horrible and anyone who is a fan has equally horrible taste. 

On 10/4/2016 at 7:11 AM, Towelie said:

I think of all the fanbases I've encountered, both online and at live shows, the absolute worst have to be Tori Amos fans. I've been a lifelong fan of the ginger one, but I've never come across such a large number of special snowflakes in one group before. Bunch of menstral-soaked, red hair-dyed,  don't-invade-my-safe-space, man hating feminists and prissy gay men.

Beatles fans are pretty dickish. Mozza fans too.

The coolest fans are Prince ones, they have style and generally have impeccable taste in music.

The Tori fans I've met online  and at shows were all pretty  cool.

journalists are the worst fans. They think they gain credibility by criticising popular or easy music

they say ob-la-di is the beatles' worst song, Queen aren't qualified to play rock n roll, Axl is a poser and always late, in through the out door is shit because of synths etc...

they have a totally twisted, alienated view on music as opposed to real fans. No exceptions.

On 10/4/2016 at 1:17 PM, DieselDaisy said:

What is wrong with Beatles' fans?

Zeppelin's for constantly saying things like, ''Zeppelin are the greatest band ever ever ever ever and if you do not agree you are a moron and deserve the death penalty''.

Axl's are complete fruitloops. They'd defend their guy to hell itself. Axl could gun down fifty children and you will hear things like, ''this shooting is proof he still has anger and passion blah blah blah''.

Radiohead's are artsy fartsy buggers and tend to be vegans or vegetarians.

I think the creme de la creme however are the smelly unwashed hordes of Metallica: ''yeh dude, 'Tallica have not made a decent album since'' the Mesozoic era - ''everything since 1991 is shite because it is not heavy''. The band proceed to put out a heavy record: ''yeh dude, it is shit. We want Master and Lightning dude''. With fans like that, who needs enemies?

Neil Young fans incidentally are called ''Rusties'' and tend to be of the fifty plus aging hippy description haha. Always been obsessive about bootlegs (a bit like ''Deadheads''). Yes, I suppose I am a Rusty haha.

I think my favourite fanbase is Britain's Elvis fans. They all have tattoos. They all drink. They all smoke. They tend to be overweight and spend time in social clubs playing darts.

I legit laughed out loud at the Axl comment. Its true, too. Which is sad as fuck. I know Ive been an Axl nutter pretty much all this year, but thats cause im a happy fan. I take the piss outta that sometimes but some people just WONT CRITICIZE ANYTHING he does. Its weird amd creepy 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

some people just WONT CRITICIZE ANYTHING he does. Its weird amd creepy 

omg yes! and i feel that pressure here a lot. i admire Axl as a very gifted musician and an absolutely killer front man but some people treat him as the next coming :lol: he's a human being ffs with warts and all. i think some people actually feel Axl is not to be spoken badly about because they love and admire him but i also believe some think he is lurking here on the forum and will track them down by their user names and ban them from concerts for life! :wacko:

• Like 2