Member Picture Thread

Słash

12 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Well you learn something new everyday, i thought sweatshirt sweater and jumper were just different ways of saying the same thing.

And a "Pullover" is just something you ethnic types have had to get used to seeing mouthed at you in your rear view mirror :lol:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

for years i did not understand what a jumper was in English books. THIS is what i pictured, this is what we call jumpers :P

Jumper.jpg

A jumper is what Amir is wearing in his picture. A jumper is a sweater. Look i don't want to be a cunt about this but I've got my principles.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

A jumper is what Amir is wearing in his picture. A jumper is a sweater. Look i don't want to be a cunt about this but I've got my principles.

Nope, Amir clearly stated it was not a sweater it was a sweatshirt...so can a jumper also be a sweatshirt as well as a sweater?

What about cardigans? We call those sweaters too..

:lol:

Just now, spunko12345 said:

hey i always thought jumpers ( our kind ) were absolutely hideous! just weird how things have different name! like we say cookies whereas the British say biscuits! or we say say gasoline you say petrol! and why is every dessert called pudding when most of the time they are not what we refer to as pudding :lol:

Just now, Whiskey Rose said:

Nope, Amir clearly stated it was not a sweater it was a sweatshirt...so can a jumper also be a sweatshirt as well as a sweater?

What about cardigans? We call those sweaters too..

:lol:

That picture up there of the girl in denim is a dress and has no part in this debate so I'll just get that out of the way.

8 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

hey i always thought jumpers ( our kind ) were absolutely hideous! just weird how things have different name! like we say cookies whereas the British say biscuits! or we say say gasoline you say petrol! and why is every dessert called pudding when most of the time they are not what we refer to as pudding :lol:

Pudding just means dessert doesn't it?

• Like 1