07/04/17 - Prague, CZ - Letnany Airport

alfierose

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

KOHD (it's really good!!)

this sounds like axl and slash playing as guests on a wedding band, i can not understand how is that any of these three guys dont get annoyed by the speed in which this and all the other songs are being played.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

this sounds like axl and slash playing as guests on a wedding band, i can not understand how is that any of these three guys dont get annoyed by the speed in which this and all the other songs are being played.

I hope they go back to their original version, and cut it down to 4-5 min

Just now, IncitingChaos said:

I hope they go back to their original version, and cut it down to 4-5 min

seriously, this is too annoying, if axl and slash hired a professional wedding band it would sound better than this. i cant believe people dont get annoyed by these speeded-up versions!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

I can guarantee you that at least Duff and Slash want the tempos as they are being played.  There is a 0% chance that Frank is just deciding on his own what tempo to play at.

Edited by Gnrcane
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Gnrcane said:

I can guarantee you that at least Duff and Slash want the tempos as they are being played.  There is a 0% chance that Frank is just deciding on his own what tempo to play at.

I think based on how Slash plays the song he'd prefer if Axl sang the old version. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

I can guarantee you that Axl wants that stupid tempo. He wouldnt let "his" band play it in a tempo that didnt feel good to him. I am pretty sure Axl is just as much responsible for this nonsense as anyone

• Like 2

3 hours ago, downzy said:

Please keep comments related to the concert at hand.  General discussions/debates over Axl's vocals should be held elswhere.

Maybe you could open a whole subforum for those discussions. Seems to be the most popular topic here.;)

P.S anyone who attended the Prague show - I'm super jealous that you got Used to love her - it's my absolute favorite sing-along song from Guns n' Roses. :headbang:

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ludurigan said:

Yup. All post 93 versions are horribly lame. It's even more painful when you compare with their prime 

Even Gilby plays it with the right vibe. 

Edited by 2414225

31 minutes ago, jamillos said:

When introducing one of the songs, Axl said it was a nice song about interrelationships etc., turned to Slash, who apparently wasn’t paying attention, and Axl jokingly said "one’s introducing a nice song about relationships, and Slash goes 'Huh!?'".

Do you remember whcih song that was?

31 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Seeing a show like that also makes one realize how petty and stupid and absurd those bickerings here about Axl’s voice are. Ridiculous. Not to mention that various threads are repeatedly, pointlessly hijacked with this shit. 

This. Exactly. Once you're there you realize this is just funny. It is just so senseless and out of place, cause there it just sounds completely different and people are fighting tooth and nail over yt fucking videos, a virtual reality. Thanks for a reat review. Always great to read something on topic in the show thread. Am envious about your setlist ;)

• Like 2