08/30/17 - Edmonton, AB - Commonwealth Stadium

2 minutes ago, Lio said:

:lol: Yeah, I LOLed this morning when I saw that Glen Campbell tribute. And when I Feel Good was mentioned in this thread, I thought people were trolling. But apparently, it was the band that was trolling us once again :P

I do love both covers and at this point, I'm happy with anything... um... 'new'.

• I thought it was a joke too til I saw the clips :lol: I'm kinda bummed though because I listened to both and really like the James Brown cover. 

I mean, I absolutely do NOT get it and there's about 40 GN'R songs I'd rather hear, but I actually liked it lol.
  • Like 1

I don't get how anyone can complain about the setlist. If someone told me 3 years ago that Axl, Slash and Duff were gonna do a reunion tour, play for 3+ hours a night including all their hits, Chinese songs and even the deepest of deep cuts "Coma" and then throw some covers in there I would be ecstatic. Sure there are plenty of other songs I would like to see them do but appreciate what we have right now because it is fucking awesome. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WestCoastStrutting said:

I don't get how anyone can complain about the setlist. If someone told me 3 years ago that Axl, Slash and Duff were gonna do a reunion tour, play for 3+ hours a night including all their hits, Chinese songs and even the deepest of deep cuts "Coma" and then throw some covers in there I would be ecstatic. Sure there are plenty of other songs I would like to see them do but appreciate what we have right now because it is fucking awesome. 

My thoughts exactly. If you also told me Axl would shave his stash, join acdc, and (temporarily) get his voice back, and let Steven have a few guest cameos Id be over the moon. 

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, WestCoastStrutting said:

I couldnt agree more having seen them twice in the past year they are amazing. I hope I get to see them al least one more time in my lifetime:headbang:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WestCoastStrutting said:

Agreed. With the Tri-Union, It would be nice to hear some other songs that were never played before like Don't Damn Me, Get in the Ring, Shot Gun Blues, or even rarer ones, but to be able to hear Coma, and have it a staple in the set list along with Estranged, is mind blowing. No complaints from me.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, North Korean Democracy said:

Can we stop complaining about the covers and start talking about how awesome Axl sounded in I Feel Good? 

Just listened. Loved everything about it! Axl sounded fucking old school and awesome and needs to use that voice more.. the arrangement was killer too.. I am a James Brown fan.. That is a cover that can stay.. Ditch one of the others for some real Guns songs..

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Precisely. Where is the "like" button, btw?

Scroll to bottom left of page and click on 'theme.'  Select 'default.'

It will look different and mainly white, but you can like in the setting.  You can actually express more then just a like including you can give a dolphin, lol.

2 hours ago, WestCoastStrutting said:

I could not agree more. And for all the complaining about more covers as opposed to more GNR tunes, I say let them have some fun playing some material that they enjoy. It's hard to imagine too many people leaving a show feeling disappointed that the band didn't play a certain song because they play all of their hits and then some. Furthermore, they are not shooting their wad all on one tour, meaning that perhaps we'll get some of the deeper material when/if they tour again. I came away completely satisfied when I attended the Minneapolis show and I haven't heard from any friends who felt any different regardless of whether they are diehard fans or more casual in their fandom. I remember checking this board for years just hoping for some small nugget that would point to the possibility of the ice breaking between Axl and Slash or even for another Axl tour. I'd love a new album as much as anyone, but I feel very satisfied with what has been a tremendous and well received tour by both fans and critics alike. 

• Like 2

One more note. Of all the covers played, many have become GNR staples. How disappointed would the casual audience members be if they didn't play Live & Let Die or Knockin for instance? While they may be covers by definition, the GNR versions are so well known that they feel like their own at this point.