The whining thread

john lennon

4 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I've been rigorously working-out 6 days a week for the last month or so and since about a week ago I'm eating healthier than ever, I'm talking healthy as fuck folks. Basically just fruit and veges and limited portions of red meat. ZERO junk...well, I just read what feels like an entire book about how amazingly delicious 'SPAM' is. I don't know what the fuck it is and frankly I don't care. All I know is I am now so fucking hungry I am going to run out into the street after typing this post and mug passersby at knifepoint for their precious SPAM.

#SPAM #Hunger #KillMe

The thought of eating SPAM scares me...for real lol. I will never touch that stuff. But hey if you wanna eat it, go for it!  :lol:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

The show last night was a fucking blast but now I'm seriously considering distancing myself from one of my friends. You all might remember me bitching about him on here a couple months ago. Y'know, the one who constantly talks about girls and doesn't act like an adult at 27 years old? The only adult thing he did yesterday was check into the hotel but other than that he was completely helpless the whole trip. I drove 4.5 hours both ways, I navigated the Twin Cities metro area as well as downtown Minneapolis, I found a way to the stadium, and I got us to our seats. I also got us out of the stadium and back to the hotel while navigating through a crowd of 50,000 people and the clusterfuck of traffic in downtown Minneapolis. 

What did he do the whole time? He pointed out girls that he saw on the way back to the hotel, he suggested alternate routes instead of trusting the GPS, and on top of that, he would ask how far away we were every five minutes. Then back at the room, I finally broke and had a panic attack and I told him to leave me alone so I could calm down and, I shit you not, he responded "I was just wondering what time to set my alarm for tomorrow just in case we decide to stop at guitar center." 

Here's a little tip for you guys- If someone is having a panic attack (uncontrollable crying, hyperventilating/shortness of breath, etc.), just let them be. There's literally nothing you can do to make me feel better when I have one. I just need to let it pass.

Anyways, he was such a child on this trip, you could've kidnapped him and replaced him with a preschooler and I wouldn't have known the difference

Honestly, I think your overthinking it. It sounds like in another situation you might actually enjoy his company. I think everyone needs that one friend in their social circle who is the "child". Yeah they might be a pain at times but you keep them around cuz they keep things fun and light. And maybe you should try and let go a bit as well, being the responsible "adult" all the time is no fun and you'll just end up wearing yourself down.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KiraMPD said:

Honestly, I think your overthinking it. It sounds like in another situation you might actually enjoy his company. I think everyone needs that one friend in their social circle who is the "child". Yeah they might be a pain at times but you keep them around cuz they keep things fun and light. And maybe you should try and let go a bit as well, being the responsible "adult" all the time is no fun and you'll just end up wearing yourself down.

I can see your point. I suppose what I was trying to convey with my original post was that I expected more from a 27 year old

34 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I can see your point. I suppose what I was trying to convey with my original post was that I expected more from a 27 year old

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), maturity does not come with age.

• Like 1

ugh the weather here is supposed to be 110 degrees....this is CRAZY! they are telling us that people can get heat stroke FIVE minutes out in the sun :facepalm: just when i am getting a good tan. hopefully this will be a year where the weather stays warm enough so i can make it at least until mid October.

9 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I'm gonna try some Spam this weekend. :lol: Can't be any worse than this right? And I love this stuff. On a sandwich with mustard.

Image result for hereford canned corned beef

That's nice on a sarnie with some sliced tomato.

STAY AWAY FROM THE SPAM!!!! It gives you herpes and ingrowing toenails.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

That's nice on a sarnie with some sliced tomato.

STAY AWAY FROM THE SPAM!!!! It gives you herpes and ingrowing toenails.

hahahahaha! my dad would be proud of you. STOP THE SPAM!

it's gotta be fatty as f*ck, it's made from pork shoulder and that's a very fatty cut of ham. :vomit:

grossest thing i ate out of a can was smoked oysters. my brother and sister in law had me over for the weekend and one time they had these nasty slimy things. i'd never had an oyster, smoked or not. i tried it. i think it scared me off oysters til i had fried oysters. then onto raw oysters! yummy :D

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

Just now, janrichmond said:

I've never had oysters either, they look like someones snotted on a shell

when they are battered and you can't see the slime they are oh so good! they taste just like the ocean. but i have to admit it's one of those things that people either like or dislike. i love mussels (which i never thought i'd ever eat ), fried clams (meh, i prefer clam chowder ) and escargot ( yeah i eat snails :P ) one time my friend and i had a double dates with gents who took us to a very nice Italian restaurant and they served squid ( chopped up, it tasted like tough macaroni salad! ) and sweetbreads ( which i thought were brains but turned out to be calf pancreas and thyroid....gross!!! ) caviar i had to try and unfortunately fell in love with ( most good fresh caviar is not in my budget! ) it was like the oysters, it tasted just like the ocean to me :)

Just now, janrichmond said:

@AxlsFavoriteRose i'm more of an egg and chips type :lol:

come to Bodega Bay with me, they serve the BEST fish and chips! and you can see whales migrating south later this year :D they are sooo cool to watch...

saw a huge pod driving home from Monterey, they put on quite a show..breaching, spouting, the young ones chasing each other around...it was magic!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I'm gonna try some Spam this weekend. :lol: Can't be any worse than this right? And I love this stuff. On a sandwich with mustard.

Image result for hereford canned corned beef

No one fall for this!  This stuff is not for sale in Ontario!  She's trying to make our junk fall off, and give us ingrown toenails!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@soon Leave the corned beef out of this!! It's safe. It's great for your health,It has healing properties and is proven to make your penis grow.Fact.

@Oldest Goat, you know you want to try some delicious canned meat!  So why not enjoy some corned beef and take a before and after picture of your stuff?  The rest of us would really appreciate it

• Like 1