GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

1 minute ago, Padme said:

Everyone does it. So some degree of cash grab is in there. Otherwise nobody would do it. But also in this case it's just another way to milk AFD. Why should I care about take 2 of Out Ta Get Me at some recording session? :shrugs: It would be a lot more fun if they add the whole Adrianna Smith recoding session of RQ. That one will sell millions of boxes :rofl-lol:

I really doubt Adrianna noises would sell millions of boxes! She's not looking very hot nowadays :ph34r:

I do agree with you that it is just another way to milk AFD, not necessarily a cash grab, but the same old stuff in loop..... after Axl declaring he wanted to bury AFD and move on............ the system won over, lol

4 minutes ago, Padme said:

Everyone does it. So some degree of cash grab is in there. Otherwise nobody would do it. But also in this case it's just another way to milk AFD. Why should I care about take 2 of Out Ta Get Me at some recording session? :shrugs: It would be a lot more fun if they add the whole Adrianna Smith recoding session of RQ. That one will sell millions of boxes :rofl-lol:

Like the article says, these editions are aimed at a specific (and limited) market: fans-collectors who want that stuff and buy physical products.

4 hours ago, money honey said:

Woah don't know what to think of the boxset announcement... part of me is excited and wants to buy it (if I can put together the price), part of me cynical about some of the inclusions - I mean, temporary tattoos!!? - part of me is like "who plays CDs any more???" I have no way of playing CDs!!

The full list of included items states "Numbered certificate of authenticity"... this suggests a limited supply. :facepalm:

I heard there are 10,000 of these things, so somewhat limited... and as far as CD's, well my car is old and has a CD player, as well as my alarm clock.

I listen to both CD's and the typical streaming music on my phone or smart TV (like Sirius or Pandora) :)

3 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

I heard there are 10,000 of these things,

Is it 10k total or 10k each package? There's seems to be like 3 or 4 different boxes and different amount of items inside them

39 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

I heard there are 10,000 of these things, so somewhat limited... and as far as CD's, well my car is old and has a CD player, as well as my alarm clock.

I listen to both CD's and the typical streaming music on my phone or smart TV (like Sirius or Pandora) :)

I realise that of course some people still use CDs, but they are definitely on the way out. To be issuing CDs in 2018 seems odd to me.

if I’m going to buy an album I usually buy the CD, I like to have the physical copy (sort of feel the same way about books too). And I always take out the sleeve and read it lol. I’m a big fan of streaming stuff these days too.

Other than my computer and my car I don’t have a CD player though. But nothing quite beats blasting an epic album like AFD out in your car while you’re driving along! :headbang:

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

@killuridols Oh I'll probably have to starve a little in order to afford it haha.

I don't think that tape exists anymore, but wouldn't it be crazy if the Adrianna sex tape was included also?! Maybe as a hidden track somewhere.

Me too :P

Nah, they can save it or dump it down the trash bin. Eww eww.

5 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I still buy CDs because like @MillionsOfSpiders said i want a actual 'thing' i then upload it to itunes for my phones,mac and ipad. I want the big Lock n Loaded set. I'll have to buy a record player though or just not use the vinyl :lol:

The big vinyl box is £750, Slash should be hand delivering it to you for that price :lol: It does not surprise me though. 

I still really want the second option 4 CD release, I hope they are on UK Amazon because I’m not paying US shipping prices only for it to get to the post office and charge me again lol! 

I upload a lot too, iTunes is expensive and I have had no end of trouble with Apple that makes me distrust them intensely. 

It’s still cool to have the physical copy of an album, for me. I know it can’t be wiped out or replaced with a remaster that sounds like shit. As long as I don’t leave it lying around to get scratched. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

In I-tunes the superdeluxe is very inexpensive....I'm interested in the pictures of Axl's archives

I wonder if that’s where the new picture in the box set came from, the poster one. A better look at it is in the GnR pictures thread and I can’t ever remember seeing it before.

Its a great picture.

I'll probably get the super deluxe edition next Friday. I cant get the $1,000 one. I'm way too poor for that.

Hopefully the book is worth it and it's not just pictures of Axl's cats or something. :lol:

Edited by Zoot
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Zoot said:

Hopefully the book is worth it and it's not just pictures of Axl's cats or something

We might get pictures of Fernando's wedding. Never underestimate Axl 

• Haha 4