GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

How  many other artists have those problems in that stadium?

How come the highest selling tour of whatever picks a "bad" stadium to play at?

Not that many, according to the guy which I quoted above saying he has seen many acts in that same stadium with no issues. This is purely on GNR's sound engineers, not the stadium.

Band was probably great, too bad we couldn’t tell because the SOUND was a nightmare! WTF!!! Where do we get our money back?!!!Was at concerts here many times, same spot. Never was like this. You couldn‘t even understand shit when rose was just talking. 
#epicsoundfail

3 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Bruce’s voice however was great. Shit sound but when you could hear his voice he was The Boss. With shitty sound. I think Axl has throat / vocal problems, shitty accoustics in old European stadions that were built for soccer and shitty sound engeneers. He should be able to deliver though, at least vocally, when he tours and charges what he charges.

Many many people could NOT hear Axl even talk, let alone sing....craziness. Sound/monitor issues which should never every have happened.

• Thanks 1

Aright, then.... For a moment I thought you were all accusing the stadium of being GN'R unfriendly :lol:

As for sound guys, no idea, but there are many videos from the show and some songs you can hear fine... but one thing is to not hear lines, which I don't hear sometimes either, and another is Axl singing TIL so bad, or struggling through Nightrain.... Whose fault is that?

Looks like a combination of unfortunate events, at the least. Sucks because it shouldn't happen, those fucking tickets are not cheap and many people spent more than just money on tickets. Some had to pay hotels, planes, food, etc. Plus, these idiots were soundchecking the day before.... what about that??? Couldnt they tell there were problems?

We'll see how it goes next show... I really don't like when the blame is put on people in the lowest tier. Thats what the rich usually do. Fuck them.

Guns N' Roses is to blame for their show going like shit. No one else.

Edited by killuridols

11 minutes ago, killuridols said:

How  many other artists have those problems in that stadium?

How come the highest selling tour of whatever picks a "bad" stadium to play at?

Weren't they soundchecking yesterday?

The whole band, Axl included, were at the stadium sounchecking....

You soundcheck basically to..... check sound, Sherlock! :facepalm:

I think Guns N' Roses should fire themselves and stop being so greedy. This 3rd leg of tour is unnecessary.

I am sad how this gig in berlin had been described. a friend of mine of this forum was there and she also said it was a bad show. you couldnt hear axl s voice. shitty sound in general.

and now I say: how on earth can a band like GNR with all their glory and their money hire technicians that are everything but professional??? who chooses them? Based on what? Don t they care about the sound? 

it doesn t even happen at small venue gigs that technicians are so clueless. 

it s a real shame. 

I share your opinion and I am sad about what my fav.band has become. :(

3 minutes ago, Natty said:

and now I say: how on earth can a band like GNR with all their glory and their money hire technicians that are everything but professional??? who chooses them? Based on what? Don t they care about the sound? 

I assumed that kind of thing doesn't happen with multimillionaire companies, it only happens in third world countries like mine :P

It is common here that they hire cheap people to save a little money on something and thats how then things go so wrong.

No idea how it is within GN'R but maybe they are cheap bastards and hire cheap people :shrugs: prioritazing good money on hotels and band accomodations, when it should be the other way around.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

I assumed that kind of thing doesn't happen with multimillionaire companies, it only happens in third world countries like mine :P

It is common here that they hire cheap people to save a little money on something and thats how then things go so wrong.

No idea how it is within GN'R but maybe they are cheap bastards and hire cheap people :shrugs: prioritazing good money on hotels and band accomodations, when it should be the other way around.

I have no idea. I am angry in one minute and sad the other minute. 

I never witnessed a concert where you couldn t hear the singer. I go to small venues as well as to club shows or festivals. never seen such a thing. even gnr shows I saw - in good and in bad - you could hear Axl sing. 

I ve no idea whats going on. let s see what comes next.

too greedy to hire good tech people would be a bummer.

5 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

I agree 100% @Natty Is is completely inexcusable...I don't get what happened since they did soundcheck and it seemed to go ok.

But whoever was in charge of the sound that day and ear monitors, etc. in Berlin needs to be fired. Simple as that. 

the technician or however you call them should get fired as well as the idiot who chose him/them.

I would also get fired if I made a desasterous job or damaged the image of the company I work for. that s life. Do it well or don t do it!!

• GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, Natty said:

I never witnessed a concert where you couldn t hear the singer. I go to small venues as well as to club shows or festivals. never seen such a thing. even gnr shows I saw - in good and in bad - you could hear Axl sing. 

My River Plate shows from 2016 had some sound issues as well. No idea who's fault that was but during 'Better' they sounded awful and I think it was the whole band playing bad. There was a delay coming from both sides of the stage, it was weird. But it was just that song, as I recall.

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

My River Plate shows from 2016 had some sound issues as well. No idea who's fault that was but during 'Better' they sounded awful and I think it was the whole band playing bad. There was a delay coming from both sides of the stage, it was weird. But it was just that song, as I recall.

that one or two songs dont work out well or there are sound issues during a short phase is ok , can happen. but not a 2.5 hours show that goes wrong..

I posted this in the show thread and honestly the more of it I watch, the sadder it makes me. I've posted on here several times that I much preferred the AXL/DC show I went to over the NITL show. And I'm not even a huge fan of AC/DC.  I was confused by that at first, but videos like this make it clear- they are just a more professional band, no matter who the lead singer is. They sound good on that stage. The production is better. The sound is better. They have chemistry. They are putting on a fucking rock show for that audience. They clearly didn't take the easiest, cheapest path. Anyway, different band, same stadium, same acoustics, a few years back:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Can you explain more about this Kevin guy? What he said?

Axl is always running around like crazy in paradise city, later saying good night etc. This time, Kevin said he moved back,  behind the guys, and u could read from his face that he was p** d off. Kevin was very close to the stage and saw that clearly.

AC/DC have about three times the amount of front of stage speakers that GnR do. They’re so loud it rattled my teeth on Thunderstruck. 

When I saw Axl with them they kept his vocals high in the mix at all times. They knew how to get the best out of his voice. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

I posted this in the show thread and honestly the more of it I watch, the sadder it makes me. I've posted on here several times that I much preferred the AXL/DC show I went to over the NITL show. And I'm not even a huge fan of AC/DC.  I was confused by that at first, but videos like this make it clear- they are just a more professional band, no matter who the lead singer is. They sound good on that stage. The production is better. The sound is better. They have chemistry. They are putting on a fucking rock show for that audience. They clearly didn't take the easiest, cheapest path. Anyway, different band, same stadium, same acoustics, a few years back:

We know the stadium wasn't the problem. But if Axl keeps sucking (his own words) Angus is gonna hire Bruce Dickinson, Rob Halford or somebody else. This is not the 2016 Axl

7 minutes ago, Padme said:

We know the stadium wasn't the problem. But if Axl keeps sucking (his own words) Angus is gonna hire Bruce Dickinson, Rob Halford or somebody else. This is not the 2016 Axl

It must be the AC/DC karma!!! It sends all of its singers out of competition :shocked:

This is what you get when you pact with THE DEVIL. Niven was right! :max:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Padme said:

It's not even about Axl to a large extent. The more I look at it the sadder that show seemed. They clearly couldn't fill the stadium. Their sound engineers are sub-par apparently, their graphics suck, and overall the band is completely sterile.  Slash plays guitar well, but they put on a terrible show. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

It's not even about Axl to a large extent. The more I look at it the sadder that show seemed. They clearly couldn't fill the stadium. Their sound engineers are sub-par apparently, their graphics suck, and overall the band is completely sterile.  Slash plays guitar well, but they put on a terrible show. 

They perfomed in Europe last year. There is no new album to promote. There is no Izzy and no Adler. The tickets are very expensive. There is no way they can fill stadiums unless they play a festival. What is the fuckin point of this tour?

Duff with Hollywood Vampires today.

OT: What the hell happened to Johnny Depp??? :scared:

12 minutes ago, Sekh-met said:

just got home and uploaded the videos
it is clear I will not have a career as a cameraman

our afterparty banner:

Congrats girls! Both banners were epic!! :headbang: Did you manage to understand what Axl said after seeing the afterparty banner?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

They should not have tried to fill a 75,000 stadium like the Berlin one, 40,000 max and that even may be pushing it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Congrats girls! Both banners were epic!! :headbang: Did you manage to understand what Axl said after seeing the afterparty banner?

well not 100% sure, @Andy14 hears "so mean right so mean" which I think could be it. Hard to tell though.

Any native speaker here with really good ears? :D