British Politics

Gracii Guns

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The Eurorealist position has existed since the original expansion. It is a lone voice, engulfed by Franco-German federalism. 

Yeah. It is kind of similar to the Tea Party movement of the USA, where you had these radical guys who insisted on USA changing to their benefit. The difference is of course that whereas fringe segments of this movement would threaten to leave the USA if they didn't have their way (or form their own state with the USA), you actually did. You separated from the union because you couldn't have your ways. You failed at convincing the rest of the EU to change according to your desires, so you left in a huff and puff while whining that "the EU never changes!" 

18 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Yeah. It is kind of similar to the Tea Party movement of the USA, where you had these radical guys who insisted on USA changing to their benefit. The difference is of course that whereas fringe segments of this movement would threaten to leave the USA if they didn't have their way (or form their own state with the USA), you actually did. You separated from the union because you couldn't have your ways. You failed at convincing the rest of the EU to change according to your desires, so you left in a huff and puff while whining that "the EU never changes!" 

You're really starting to sound like the crazy ex girlfriend at this point.

52 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

This is an oversimplification. Many Eurorealists were and still are remainers for instance. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

8 hours ago, Dazey said:

Maybe you can answer the question I put to Dies' earlier. What tangible changes to your life and situation do you expect to see personally from November 1st as a result of leaving the EU?

Well, my life and personal circumstances are pretty good at the moment and I doubt will be affected much either way by Brexit but anyway, I didn't particularly vote for Leave from that point of view but more from the position that I want us to be an independent, self-governing nation, not part of a political union, hurtling towards a federal, European superstate.

If that is the case come November 1st, that will be enough for me and I will be very happy and even more happy that an instruction given to the government by the people has been respected and implemented.

Edited by bucketfoot

Sarah Wollaston defects to the Lib Dems. 

Dr. Sarah Wollaston, the Right Honorable Member for Totnes,

- Supported Leave

- Switched to Remain in the last few weeks of the EU Referendum 

- Stood on a General Election Tory ''Leave'' manifesto in 2017 

- Promised not to back a Second Referendum 

- Backs a Second Referendum!

- Sponsored a Bill in Commons for compulsory by-elections for defectors

- Defects to The Independence Group

- Defects to the Liberal Democrats

- No bi-election!!!

With MPs like this...?

EB_fUbvX4AMLO3M?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by DieselDaisy

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is funny watching Corbyn trying to make out that he is ''Mr Remainer'' pertaining to this Caretaker/National Unity solution haha. He probably hates the EU more than Boris. 

I quite like the idea of Ken Clarke stepping in for a few weeks.

On August 16, 2019 at 4:27 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Sorry Priti but this ''chicken shop'' scheme is, besides having more than an element of racial and class based stereotyping, is utter farcical,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49356827

Instead it should be pictures of Priti with captions reading "Dont stab anyone, sexy." I feel that would be more effective.

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:
The latter at 90%

The originator or the poll is the leader of @leaverskent 

You’ve basically quoted the equivalent of a poll asking Nazi voters if they would rather have Hitler or Ann Frank. :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Dazey said:

The originator or the poll is the leader of @leaverskent 

You’ve basically quoted the equivalent of a poll asking Nazi voters if they would rather have Hitler or Ann Frank. :lol: 

You, as a remainer, want Corbyn? The chap voted anti-EU on every bit of European legislation stretching back to the early '70s!

20 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You, as a remainer, want Corbyn? The chap voted anti-EU on every bit of European legislation stretching back to the early '70s!

You appear to have completely missed the point I was making. You posted a poll taken by a staunch Brexiteer of his Twitter followers. The fact that it was 90:10 in his favour is of little surprise. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dazey said:

You appear to have completely missed the point I was making. You posted a poll taken by a staunch Brexiteer of his Twitter followers. The fact that it was 90:10 in his favour is of little surprise. 

If any remainer would've voted otherwise, they're an idiot though. 

47 minutes ago, Dazey said:

And how many of my lot do you suspect would participate in such a poll?

You are going rather soul monster on me, pedantic to the point of complete and utter tedium. It is a poll proposing Gemma Collins as Prime Minister for crying out loud haha! How serious do you think it is?