10/08/17 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center

gunsguy

Just now, luvaxl4ever said:

No, we also saw them last year at the Linc.  We enjoyed tonight's show a thousand times more!

I think the arena setting helps to make for a better experience. Glad to hear you both had a good time, that's what It's all about. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bono said:

When people refer to Madagascar as Maddy it's about as cringe worthy as when Padme and others referred to Anakin as Annie in Star Wars. Stop it. 

I can't stand that shit, It Is beyond cringe worthy. Actually It Is a major pet peeve that I have. When people change or abbreviate names or places. If someone asks me If I have ever been to "Vegas" I tell them that I have never heard of It before, but that I have been to Las Vegas. Is It really to much effort to say Las first? 

So this was my 5th time seeing GNR. My first concert was the 2002 debacle in the same arena (was called the First Union Center then). I saw them last year at The Linc, but this was the first time recording videos at different points in the show. I will say that no matter what, Axl sounds 1000 times better live than he does in cell phone recordings. He fucking slayed tonight. I have no voice left. Madagascar was the biggest surprise and it sounded fucking amazing. Former Eagle Freddie Mitchell sat near me and he was rocking out and taking videos the entire time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1