10/08/17 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center

gunsguy

2 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

And Street of Dreams. Strip out some of this stale overplayed stuff from Appetite and add some more Illusions deep cuts.

That is not going to happen. If 2001-14 has taught us anything it is that Appetite (and Chinese 2009 onward) will always form the basis of the 'GN'R setlist''. People here all agree with you on ''more Illusion deep cuts'', but these will not be put in place at the expense of Appetite material.

2 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

And Street of Dreams. Strip out some of this stale overplayed stuff from Appetite and add some more Illusions deep cuts.

Fuck that crap song. Hopefully that never gets played again. Ever. The only song from Appetite that could be dropped is My Michelle.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

5 CD songs in the set ( 2 in the encore lol)
CD songs are the only songs that they put any effort into
The majority of people aren't paying out the ass to watch them play songs off an album they didn't give a crap about.. This can be debated but it sure wasn't happening the during the 15 prior years Axl was touring off that album. 
If you were getting bored with the set list and you don't like CD, then it just got worse

You're cool, I always respect your posts, not arguing.. Just stating some of the reasons why some are unhappy... 

I understand people don't like CD which is fine, to each their own. For me, as a fan of the album, last night was very exciting as two deep cuts (one unheard in 5 years) were played. I understand your point though and I do agree they should throw some new classic era songs to the mix, but since I personally enjoy CD and parts of that era it is a breath of fresh air and surprise for me at the least.

• Like 2

I celebrate they played "new" songs... but don't you think that TWAT sounded like a great improvisation? Why Axl don't rehearse TWAT but he join the band to rehearse I got you? 

On the other hand... he's singing better than the whole 2017. I think last shows of the year will be '16 level.

1 hour ago, Black Sabbath said:

Great show! Super happy we got Madagascar and There Was A Time. I'd always prefer a GN'R song over a cover, but I Got You was awesome also and I'll fight anyone that says otherwise.

"Philadelphia! Break out your hankys, this is where the cryin' starts. From Hollywood, Guns N' Roses!"

IMG_4844.png

IMG_4846.png

IMG_4850.png

IMG_4854.png

IMG_4861.png

IMG_4863.png

IMG_4868.png

IMG_4874.png

IMG_4877.png

IMG_4882.png

IMG_4887.png

IMG_4895.png

IMG_4917.png

IMG_4921.png

IMG_4928.png

IMG_4930.png

IMG_4932.png

IMG_4935.png

IMG_4940.png

IMG_4952.png

I'll fight you bro. 

20 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Madagascar and There Was A Time. That's awesome.

Prostitute is next.

I really hope some day they will play Street of Dreams again. 

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, Derick said:

You're in MyGnRForum, baby! No matter what happens..Over here there's always something to complaining/crying/whinging about...That´s our thing!:lol:

2 hours ago, Derick said:

You're in MyGnRForum, baby! No matter what happens..Over here there's always something to complaining/crying/whinging about...That´s our thing!:lol:

@Derick is part our coulneess 😅

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TOS--LOA said:

Too bad Slash basically took a nap during that song. It really could have been elevated with some Slash guitar heroics. 

This. I've always thought Skash could turn this one into a real gem and dreamed of hearing his Slash-style, Estranged-style guitar solos on it. And he did precisely... nothing :wacko:

Edited by Asia

I found out they did Mads and TWAT this morning on my commute to work and I've been waiting excitedly ALL day and most of this evening to get home and listen to them both.  

I haven't read the thread or anyone's opinions yet, I don't know if it was a good show or not, I just got straight to the TWAT video.

I...can't believe I have this opinion, I really can't.  It was shit.  Axl sounded ghastly.  Slash...dammit Slash that solo was fucking hideous.  Just jaw dropping hideous.

I've always thought you can tell how Slash is feeling by the way he's playing and for me, he hates that song.  That solo...I've never heard him sound so awful.  The guitar sounded ill, or like it was hung over...or drunk...not in a good way.  The tone...the notes, those extra weird notes that didn't make any sense...the aimlessness of it...the lack of intensity...I'm just...well, to say I'm disappointed is an understatement. 

The only redeeming quality of his solo was the flurry of low notes right at the very, very end - one and only good thing.

The vocals...dear god.  Sorry if I'm offending anyone here, I am 100% venting raw, knee-jerk reaction emotion here.

Now I'm going to go and calm down.

6 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I just got straight to the TWAT video.

I...can't believe I have this opinion, I really can't.  It was shit.  Axl sounded ghastly.  Slash...dammit Slash that solo was fucking hideous.  Just jaw dropping hideous.

I can't believe anyone likes that song at all.. I just tried to give the studio version a listen this morning and it is one of the worst CD songs of the bunch. That is quite an accomplishment.. It was completely unlistenable..  At least Madagascar has some good elements to it.. It would have been better if Slash did the solo and they cut out all those stupid samples.. If I had to pick one of the songs to play from CD Madagascar probably would have been it.. It almost could have been cool... But not when you are subjected to complete garbage like This I Love, Better and TWAT.... Just too much.....

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I found out they did Mads and TWAT this morning on my commute to work and I've been waiting excitedly ALL day and most of this evening to get home and listen to them both.  

I haven't read the thread or anyone's opinions yet, I don't know if it was a good show or not, I just got straight to the TWAT video.

I've always thought you can tell how Slash is feeling by the way he's playing and for me, he hates that song.  That solo...I've never heard him sound so awful.  The guitar sounded ill, or like it was hung over...or drunk...not in a good way.  The tone...the notes, those extra weird notes that didn't make any sense...the aimlessness of it...the lack of intensity...I'm just...well, to say I'm disappointed is an understatement. 

The only redeeming quality of his solo was the flurry of low notes right at the very, very end - one and only good thing.

The vocals...dear god.  Sorry if I'm offending anyone here, I am 100% venting raw, knee-jerk reaction emotion here.

Now I'm going to go and calm down.

Hate to disagree but I thought that it was the best TWAT of the tour...little Mickey and lots of his strong voice. Slash sounded great as well. To each their own of course, but TWAT is in my top 3 GN'R songs and I'm glad it still pops in here and there. No high notes from Axl though :( 

14 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

Fortus on lead on Maddy?

Yes, he also did lead on it through the NuGuns era.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

Fortus on lead on Maddy?

Yeah, and he was great. 

I had goosepumbs by the words "He promised never to leave me, never to leave me alone" and Slash was in the picture

Edited by Sosso

30 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I can't believe anyone likes that song at all.. I just tried to give the studio version a listen this morning and it is one of the worst CD songs of the bunch. That is quite an accomplishment.. It was completely unlistenable..  At least Madagascar has some good elements to it.. It would have been better if Slash did the solo and they cut out all those stupid samples.. If I had to pick one of the songs to play from CD Madagascar probably would have been it.. It almost could have been cool... But not when you are subjected to complete garbage like This I Love, Better and TWAT.... Just too much.....

Well, you and I differ greatly on our opinions of CD so not much use in my trying to justify TWAT's existence to you. :P  At least I've calmed down now, but holy shit that was a terrible, terrible rendition of it.  I actually agree with you on the samples (yes, they are stupid) for Mads and although I like it, it's not one of my cherished CD songs, let's put it that way.  Funnily enough, TIL is the only CD song I find completely unlistenable and I'm in the minority on that one (among CD fans), which is weird.  

23 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Hate to disagree but I thought that it was the best TWAT of the tour...little Mickey and lots of his strong voice. Slash sounded great as well. To each their own of course, but TWAT is in my top 3 GN'R songs and I'm glad it still pops in here and there. No high notes from Axl though :( 

Yes, he also did lead on it through the NuGuns era.

:blink:  I couldn't have more opposite opinion.  Just have to keep telling myself different ears hear different things.  Like you, TWAT is one of my most cherished CD songs, which is why I'm so gobsmacked at how badly it was played and sung. 

But hey, at least it was played and you, and presumably others, liked it and that's all that matters really.  I'll live. LOL  I'll just go and console myself by listening to the album.

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I just listened to There Was A Time and thought Slash sounded rather good, albeit he keeps fairly close to the grain of the original solo.

:blink: Nope, can't hear what you and others are hearing. Horrid solo to my ears.  I hope the rest of the show was better!

4 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Well, you and I differ greatly on our opinions of CD so not much use in my trying to justify TWAT's existence to you. :P  At least I've calmed down now, but holy shit that was a terrible, terrible rendition of it.  I actually agree with you on the samples (yes, they are stupid) for Mads and although I like it, it's not one of my cherished CD songs, let's put it that way.  Funnily enough, TIL is the only CD song I find completely unlistenable and I'm in the minority on that one (among CD fans), which is weird.  

:blink:  I couldn't have more opposite opinion.  Just have to keep telling myself different ears hear different things.  Like you, TWAT is one of my most cherished CD songs, which is why I'm so gobsmacked at how badly it was played and sung. 

But hey, at least it was played and you, and presumably others, liked it and that's all that matters really.  I'll live. LOL  I'll just go and console myself by listening to the album.

:blink: Nope, can't hear what you and others are hearing. Horrid solo to my ears.  I hope the rest of the show was better!

I'd hate to here your definition of what a genuinely ''horrid solo'' was, say a DJ Ashba solo!!

@MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle I agree with others that Slash kept very close to Robins There Was A Time solo.  Not as much to Bucketheads.  Since the two solos kinda just go into each other as the leads keep going through the brief vocals between them, maybe it would help to clarify if you mean both Robins and Buckets solos?  Of course you could jut not enjoy them and thats fair, but he plays Robins lines as closely as possible imo?