10/08/17 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center

gunsguy

4 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I love CD too and I've always liked Madagascar but it's ridiculous and beyond annoying. It's like half of the show Slash and Duff are playing covers. If they don't get to play their solo stuff, they should at least get to play some more GNR songs.

I really hope Slash will leave this band for good after this NA run, the only thing he can get from this "reunion" is money so I hope he already collected enough. If Axl wants to keep playing his solo stuff, that's great, he can call Finck or Ashba while he's at it.

Doubt slash will leave for good. He will go back to Myles for sure but he will be on stand by for when they do the GNR retirement tour. With izzy and Adler involved. If that doesn’t happen then I guess he will be gone for good

Edited by Gunsdrummer63
Spelling

CD songs......... Meh. I suppose it's cool they finally switched things up but those songs are just so boring. I can't imagine the lineups for the bathrooms during those songs. 

They should play Don't Damn Me. You can't convince me Axl couldn't sing that in a proper non Mickey voice. They've never played it so fucking play it. 

• Like 2

Just now, gnr>everything said:

Put another way:

Original songs: 23

Covers: 9

Solos: 1

Very few bands that I see play 23 original songs. I'll take it.

You are opening up a can of worms there with where you are assigning the chinese stuff haha. That covers category could increase to 14 depending on one's perspective.

• Like 3

Not to complain about the setlist and I am glad for all of those that enjoy the Chinese Democracy album but this band really could care less what the fans want and I apologize to all of those that I have had arguments with In the past defending them, you guys were right. They have to be the only band on the planet that plays songs that the majority would oppose. We have been asking for more Illusion material such as Breakdown, Pretty Tied Up, Locomotive, The Garden, Perfect Crime, You Ain't The First, ect for almost two years and they play Madagascar and There Was A Time Instead. They also play covers to honor Glenn Campbell and Chris Cornell but nothing for Tom Petty. That Is a crime IMO.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ironmt said:

Not to complain about the setlist and I am glad for all of those that enjoy the Chinese Democracy album but this band really could care less what the fans want and I apologize to all of those that I have had arguments with In the past defending them, you guys were right. They have to be the only band on the planet that plays songs that the majority would oppose. We have been asking for more Illusion material such as Breakdown, Pretty Tied Up, Locomotive, The Garden, Perfect Crime, You Ain't The First, ect for almost two years and they play Madagascar and There Was A Time Instead. They also play covers to honor Glenn Campbell and Chris Cornell but nothing for Tom Petty. That Is a crime IMO.

I may be in college and never saw them live or in their prime but hasn’t GNR kinda always don’t what THEY wanted? That’s the Beauty of the band and why people are so interested in them. 

10 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Doubt slash will leave for good. He will go back to Myles for sure but he will be on stand by for when they do the GNR retirement tour. With izzy and Adler involved. If that doesn’t happen then I guess he will be gone for good

If they were to do a real reunion, I'd be totally down for it, but I don't see it happening. Slash has already played half of Axl's album. Izzy is not stupid enough to do that and I don't see Axl being reasonable enough to do a tour without CD songs.

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You are opening up a can of worms there with where you are assigning the chinese stuff haha. That covers category could increase to 14 depending on one's perspective.

But that's not even relevant in this case. Forget about the fans and whether they view CD as GNR or not, think about Slash. The fact that the album was legally released under the GNR name doesn't mean it's now HIS album because he's back in GNR. For him, those songs are the same as The Seeker or Black Hole Sun. It's insane he came back to the band to play shit he has nothing to do with for almost half of the show.

• Like 2

Just now, Gunsdrummer63 said:

I may be in college and never saw them live or in their prime but hasn’t GNR kinda always don’t what THEY wanted? That’s the Beauty of the band and why people are so interested in them. 

You have a point and I was lucky enough to be alive and actually see them In their prime and that was cool then, but they are now In their mid 50's with people sitting or heading to the bathroom or making a beer run when Chinese songs are played. The majority In the stadium/arena do not want to hear those songs or just don't know them. At some point It would be nice If they actually pretended to care about what the majority wanted and play a few songs to accommodate those people.  I know It Is a wild thought and unlikely, but It would be nice. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

no, people are interested in them mostly because their songs are truly fantastic

there are other reasons too, obviously, and "do as they want" certainly adds to the charm

but if there were no good songs, very few of us would be here now and very few people would be going to the shows

• Like 2

I feel like the encore has too many ballads or slower songs In it. I don't why bad obsession or pretty tied up has not been played on this tour. Those are lower register songs I could see axl singing plus their higher energy songs unlike there was a time or Madagascar 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I suppose it is a bit like going to see Aerosmith and seeing them do five songs from Rock in a Hard Place, or seeing the Kiss Reunion in 1996 and Kiss doing five songs from Crazy Nights.

id say its more like seeing kiss and they do five songs from gene's solo album

id actually would say "from paul's solo album" cause paul is their main singer

but paul's solos songs are actually good and sound just like the songs of his "main band" -- and you cant say the same about axl solo stuff!