10/08/17 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center

gunsguy

2 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

Madagascar and There Was A Time in the same set. Well, we got our new songs, yeah? I know the bitching won't stop, but at least it was something. 

9 minutes ago, Bigtater said:

I don't give ft particularly excited about them adding Chinese democracy songs. I would prefer if they changed it up by adding some more older songs. 

Agreed.

And I love ChiDem but I 100% get why people are pissed we keep getting new Chinese songs over classic songs. I just figure a year and a half into the tour, hey, its better than more covers that none of them have had anything to do with. 

Still, it would have been respectful to throw Slash and Duff a bone with Slither or something :shrugs:

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Agreed too me personally he’s seemed abut bored this whole tour. This song he looks like he wanted to fall asleep with all those chords 

Im actually disappointed by this. I have almost zero interest in hearing Chinese songs if they aren't going to really change them. Better and CD sound AWESOME imo and different enough to where they seem kind of fresh. TiL did too last year (haven't heard any versions this year that really compare to Slash's best last year, but I barely followed the band this year I guess). Sorry is cool when Slash doesn't shred, and is kind of different. 

Catcher, TWAT, and now Madagascar are now the most boring because its the same thing almost. Slash would just shred on Catcher and it wasn't as good as Bumble imo. TWAT and now Maddy were just straight forward covers. Id like TWAT at a gig Im at because its such a cool song and is rare live. Maddy is one of my favorites of the album, but it used to be a NuGNR staple. I got it at every NuGNR show I saw. No need to revive it imo unless they changed it up. It had some of the most potential to be really cool and different with Slash. Why not get rid of the quotes and completely redo the middle with Slash? That could have used a really cool Slash solo in the middle. 

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 2

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

It seems that Chinese stuff (and covers) are their recourse to mixing up the setlist which does make Slash and Duff look a bit gimpish but it is better than nothing I suppose.

Axl heard Duff on Talk is Jericho a few weeks back saying how much he likes the CD songs, so Axl thought he'd surprise the guys.

• Like 1

I have spent a lot of money on seeing them during this tour.  I was really hoping for a reinvented set list.... different opener and all.  I saw the same show multiple times last time around, with Duff’s song rotating.

I guess I need to see the shows more like a finely tuned broadway musical than an unpredictable rock concert.

i still look forward to seeing them and hope tonight’s additions are part of my show,

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It seems that Chinese stuff (and covers) are their recourse to mixing up the setlist which does make Slash and Duff look a bit gimpish but it is better than nothing I suppose.

Yup

Perfect Crime, Slither, You're Crazy, and Think About You were alternates this tour. Chinese Democracy is great, but EVERY new Guns surprise song since last April has been a Chinese song when this tour is all about Duff and Slash returning. Looks a bit bad imo.

Still, its better than nothing and at least this show is a little different. 

@Tom-Ass won't be happy with a 5 CD song set lol

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Im actually disappointed by this. I have almost zero interest in hearing Chinese songs if they aren't going to really change them. Better and CD sound AWESOME imo and different enough to where they seem kind of fresh. TiL did too last year (haven't heard any versions this year that really compare to Slash's best last year, but I barely followed the band this year I guess). Sorry is cool when Slash doesn't shred, and is kind of different. 

Catcher, TWAT, and now Madagascar are now the most boring because its the same thing almost. Slash would just shred on Catcher and it wasn't as good as Bumble imo. TWAT and now Maddy were just straight forward covers. Id like TWAT at a gig Im at because its such a cool song and is rare live. Maddy had potential to be really cool and different with Slash. Why not get rid of the quotes and completely redo the middle with Slash? That could have used a really cool Slash solo in the middle. 

100% agree I feel as though I’m in the minority for liking CD songs and TWAT is by far my favorite slash played the solos on the album almost perfectly which was fine to me. I really enjoy that song but Maddy needs something extra. The lyrics are good and I don’t mind the quotes in the middle but at least start with a solo then do some of the quotes back into the original ending. Better and CD sound great with slash’s influence on it and Catcher never really caught my ear with it without slash. So I guess stick with the CD songs but give me more slash influence during them. I also think Frank first the CD songs well. The AFD and UYI songs he destroys and they sound awful but his style fits the CD songs well. Maybe you’ll see some deeper cuts if they bring in a different drummer. 

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Yup

Perfect Crime, Slither, You're Crazy, and Think About You were alternates this tour. Chinese Democracy is great, but EVERY new Guns surprise song since last April has been a Chinese song when this tour is all about Duff and Slash returning. Looks a bit bad imo.

Still, its better than nothing and at least this show is a little different. 

@Tom-Ass won't be happy with a 5 CD song set lol

Chinese Democracy (Tour) Stars Now.

• Like 2