10/08/17 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center

gunsguy

What a show, and they came on early! They rocked it all night. I was surprised how great Madagascar was. There Was A Time is a great song, but for some reason it just doesn't translate well live. Other than that they kicked my ass for 3.5 hours and still feeling it today!

I was there rocking my flyers/gnr mash up shirt

13707567_10104208031488043_4881079640297211102_n.thumb.jpg.3e09c44b2d2cd290e5623637827b83e2.jpg

Edited by Philly Guns
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bigtater said:

I don't give ft particularly excited about them adding Chinese democracy songs. I would prefer if they changed it up by adding some more older songs. 

x1000

10 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Thank god I got the same ol' stale setlist last week instead of this NuGNR fest. I was really lucky after all.

Seriously.. I was starting to get excited about my show coming up... This has me thinking about trying to sell my tickets but I would end up losing hundreds of dollars..

Im excited to hear Maddy and There Was A Time!  I know not all are, and I do feel for people who dont connect with the album.

Im jut listening to Madagascar for second time.  Hate to be a complainer but Slash's take on the descending chord progression is really distracting me.  He makes it chunky by adding stuff and it almost sounds like he's squeezing in an AC/DC b-side riff.  Maybe he's just emphasizing a part that was already there, but I dont think so and dont like it regardless.  Axl is delivering the goods imo!

• Like 1

Yeah, i've already heard Maddy like 10 times, Slash sounds alittle annoying but is great to hear it again. I really thought they were going to add another cover (Tom Petty) but it is a nice "surprise". Now, yes, great... but we need, seriously need NEW music.

At this point, hearing Axl sing "Just another sunday" with just Melissa adding some shitty synth chords would be something from another dimention!!!

Edited by fernomenoyde
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Im actually disappointed by this. I have almost zero interest in hearing Chinese songs if they aren't going to really change them.

Why not get rid of the quotes and completely redo the middle with Slash? That could have used a really cool Slash solo in the middle. 

Yeah, its not very different. Slash did change his part though. In the main descending chord part. He's playing a start/stop riff rather then the recorded version, during the pre chorus and the quote part. He might just be emphasizing a layer that wasnt prominent on CD's mix, but I think its fair to say its a new part?  I find it distracting personally.

I completely know what you mean abut the quotes section!  I was hoping that it would become a proper Slash solo.  That would've changed it up a lot more then Slash's classic rock riffing in the verses imo

Edited by soon
mis spoke

13 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

That's 23 songs off of GNR albums, while a few of the covers are GNR staples...I don't really see what's the issue at this point.

You're in MyGnRForum, baby! No matter what happens..Over here there's always something to complaining/crying/whinging about...That´s our thing!:lol:

• Like 1

I was 7th row on the center of the floor.  Great show.  Stoked to hear Maddy and TWAT, but to those arguing that they should cut songs from AFD - you just can't take those songs out of the set.  People lose their shit when those songs get played, especially with Slash and Duff.  Interestingly, there was a guy behind me that screening CD "blows" after they played CD and Better, but he went nuts for Maddy and Twat.  He probably thought those were deep UYI cuts or something.

Axl sounded great all night - not the best I've ever seen him, but I've been pretty lucky (Hammerstein night 1 plus 3 others from '06, a few 2010 shows, last show of Vegas '14).  

Slash was epic as usual.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I don't really see what's the issue at this point.

5 CD songs in the set ( 2 in the encore lol)
CD songs are the only songs that they put any effort into
The majority of people aren't paying out the ass to watch them play songs off an album they didn't give a crap about.. This can be debated but it sure wasn't happening the during the 15 prior years Axl was touring off that album. 
If you were getting bored with the set list and you don't like CD, then it just got worse

You're cool, I always respect your posts, not arguing.. Just stating some of the reasons why some are unhappy... 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

However some of the covers are just little  transitory jams (Layla/WYWH), the 1 solo is Slash's solo spot that is badass, and the rest are great tunes.  No complaints here

In general on mygnforum.... honestly I am sure even if Izzy and Steven came back and GNR played all of Appetite and the Illusions back to back in one night people would still be complaining at this point

2 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

However some of the covers are just little  transitory jams (Layla/WYWH), the 1 solo is Slash's solo spot that is badass, and the rest are great tunes.  No complaints here

In general on mygnforum.... honestly I am sure even if Izzy and Steven came back and GNR played all of Appetite and the Illusions back to back in one night people would still be complaining at this point

I would have certainly went to a show (or two) under those circumstances!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

5 CD songs in the set ( 2 in the encore lol)
CD songs are the only songs that they put any effort into
The majority of people aren't paying out the ass to watch them play songs off an album they didn't give a crap about.. This can be debated but it sure wasn't happening the during the 15 prior years Axl was touring off that album. 
If you were getting bored with the set list and you don't like CD, then it just got worse

You're cool, I always respect your posts, not arguing.. Just stating some of the reasons why some are unhappy... 

The irony of all of this is Axl enjoys setting arrangements on covers and CD songs with Slash and Duff. He mentioned how it reminds him of the old days when they would jam and come up with stuff not knowing what they were doing. 

However, the irony is he has no ambition in creating new music with these guys. He enjoys the process but either doesn't trust himself or something 

Just now, IncitingChaos said:

The irony of all of this is Axl enjoys setting arrangements on covers and CD songs with Slash and Duff. He mentioned how it reminds him of the old days when they would jam and come up with stuff not knowing what they were doing. 

Didn't he say that about "I feel good" ?