10/08/17 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center

gunsguy

4 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

There were many of us watching the live streams last night waiting for it and disappointed it never came. :(

Why are they expected to do a memorial for all the deceased musicians?  Maybe they just acknowledge those who really meant something to them. If they did it for r everyone, it wouldn’t mean anything.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, ericy210 said:

Why are they expected to do a memorial for all the deceased musicians?  Maybe they just acknowledge those who really meant something to them. If they did it for r everyone, it wouldn’t mean anything.

No, but at least with Tom Petty, there was history there cause Axl and him performed together way back when. That means something imho....

Being there live, I thought he sounded great. I'm used to, as I am sure we all are, which parts he's probably going to struggle with, and there was some of that but he also nailed the parts I expected him to, and then some.

That being said, there's also a part of me that thinks maybe he needs a rest. He's been going pretty hard since the reunion began AND with AC/DC. That being said, taking time off can sometimes be disastrous (see Rio 2011.)

41 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

It took them three weeks before they played Wichita Lineman for Glen Campbell. Petty has been be gone for a week; Relax.

Not to mention, ALL of the pre-show music being played was Tom Petty.

Can you create the madagascar thread in the tour media song list, please?

1 hour ago, Black Sabbath said:

It took them three weeks before they played Wichita Lineman for Glen Campbell. Petty has been be gone for a week; Relax.

Not to mention, ALL of the pre-show music being played was Tom Petty.

You mean the songs that they play right before the band comes on, etc...not the soundcheck right?

On 09/10/2017 at 12:01 AM, The Real McCoy said:

Damn. Only 45 mins away. I could have been there, but between my grandfather passing away earlier this week, prior engagements, and not being able to afford the tickets, alas, it wasn’t meant to be.

Man, I've just read this and I really wish the best for you and your family

• Like 1

For those those of you who are complaining about "to much" CD Songs. Here are some facts:

1 Appetite for Destruction 838

2 Covers 724

3 Use Your Illusion I 377

4 Use Your Illusion II 366

5 Chinese Democracy 354

6 G N’ R Lies 104

7 Solos 70

Source: https://www.setlist.fm/stats/albums/guns-n-roses-7bd69e24.html?tour=Not+in+This+Lifetime

Edited by Sosso

Madagascar vocals were great which probably means it will suck

next time.

TWAT was awful. Worse they've played it to date.

It's amazing how sloppy they've been lately. Even with the classics. Even brownstone which they've each played 700,000 times over their careers.

Boredom or the lack of chemistry effecting their playing?

8 hours ago, TOS--LOA said:

Yeah I've probably watched various videos 20x today and it definitely seems like Slash is just trying to stay out of the way. The end result is a flat and boring rendition of the song. During the solo part it's almost like everyone expects the other guy to do the solo. Slash should take over that part. 

I thought that Richards solos sounded great. Not as great as Buckethead's during RiR though.

1 hour ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Madagascar vocals were great which probably means it will suck

next time.

TWAT was awful. Worse they've played it to date.

It's amazing how sloppy they've been lately. Even with the classics. Even brownstone which they've each played 700,000 times over their careers.

Boredom or the lack of chemistry effecting their playing?

Guns have always been a sloppy live band. Dating back 30 years. 

6 hours ago, Sosso said:

For those those of you who are complaining about "to much" CD Songs. Here are some facts:

2 Covers 724

5 Chinese Democracy 354

6 G N’ R Lies 104

7 Solos 70

Source: https://www.setlist.fm/stats/albums/guns-n-roses-7bd69e24.html?tour=Not+in+This+Lifetime

Thank you for confirming this!

354 too many.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sosso said:

2 Covers 724

5 Chinese Democracy 354

6 G N’ R Lies 104

7 Solos 70

That is a damming statistic for the covers

• Like 2

Am I the only one who thought TWAT was actually good and was the best of the tour? Not angry at anyone who disagrees but I'm legitimately curious. As someone who's 2nd favorite Guns song is TWAT I've kept up with all the live versions this tour and this was the only one I didn't think was rough vocally from Axl...lots of strong clean voice and good low voice. Slash's solo is good too. Dunno, maybe I'm deaf :shrugs: