11/02/17 - Detroit, MI - Little Caesars Arena

gunsguy

7 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Shows fucking great so far! Marathon set!

FINALLY got My Michelle after years of GNR and Slash shows

Nice one.  Glad you got to hear it at last.  I had hoped and prayed for My Michelle when I saw them (as you can imagine!) but alas it wasn't to be.  

Was TWAT played last night? 

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle

9 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Nice one.  Glad you got to hear it at last.  I had hoped and prayed for My Michelle when I saw them (as you can imagine!) but alas it wasn't to be.  

Was TWAT played last night? 

I don't believe so. My wife was sending me updates for the greater majority of the night and she didn't mention it. It's one of her favorites so she probably would've went nuts when they did it lol

22 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I don't believe so. My wife was sending me updates for the greater majority of the night and she didn't mention it. It's one of her favorites so she probably would've went nuts when they did it lol

Thanks Russ, oh well.  Maybe next time.  Slash seems to be finding his way with that song now, so I do hope the play it again - it's my favourite CD track. ^^

Awesome - many thanks to your wife!  Bloody hell, Axl was giving it his all, wasn't he?  That's the best I've heard him sound on this song...possibly on any song...? (and I am NOT one for praising Axl's vocals on this tour).  His tone is still shitty, but the rasp and power was there.  Great to hear.  And he's still getting off on Slash's solo, which keeps getting better and better - that was incredible. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, prez said:

Did they put "I guess I guess I'll never fucking learn" on the teleprompter because Axl sings it every night or does he sing it every night because it's on the teleprompter?

A very interesting "chicken or the egg" dilemma.  This could be the subject of a philosophy PhD thesis.

• Haha 1

1f52b.png🔫 Setlist 1f940.png🥀 
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome to the Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live & Let Die 
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
New Rose
This I Love
Prostitute 1f940.png🥀
Civil War
Yesterdays
Coma 
Jam/The Godfather
Sweet Child O' Mine
Wichita Lineman
Used to Love Her
My Michelle
Wish You Were Here/Layla
November Rain
Black Hole Sun
Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Nightrain

Don't Cry
Patience
Madagascar
The Seeker
Paradise City

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Your wife likes CD songs? Sounds like a keeper Russ :P 

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/arts-and-entertainment/20171103/review-guns-n-roses-goes-loud-and-too-long-at-little-caesars

Review by Detroit's best and most respected rock critic, Gary Graff...

"Guns N' Roses goes loud and (too) long at Little Caesars"

In my not-so-humble opinion, the elephant in the room during this arena run is the length of these shows.  3 and 1/2 hours and it's too much of a good thing.

The set-list is too bloated making the show too long now and here's a real report of fans leaving early last night. 

I know, I know...they start on-time and there's no opening act and we're getting rarely played CD songs BUT because of the covers and the tributes and the extra CD songs the entire pace of the show is being thrown off.  

There, I said it. :facepalm:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jonah said:

slash backstage without a hat....can't remember the last time we saw him without one

He used to do at least part of the shows without a hat during the Illusions tours.  He should really get back to that..he looks fine without a hat. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KURT19 said:

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/arts-and-entertainment/20171103/review-guns-n-roses-goes-loud-and-too-long-at-little-caesars

Review by Detroit's best and most respected rock critic, Gary Graff...

"Guns N' Roses goes loud and (too) long at Little Caesars"

In my not-so-humble opinion, the elephant in the room during this arena run is the length of these shows.  3 and 1/2 hours and it's too much of a good thing.

The set-list is too bloated making the show too long now and here's a real report of fans leaving early last night. 

I know, I know...they start on-time and there's no opening act and we're getting rarely played CD songs BUT because of the covers and the tributes and the extra CD songs the entire pace of the show is being thrown off.  

There, I said it. :facepalm:

Yeah, it's a blessing the tour will be wrapping up soon. The reviews until now have been overwhelmingly positive with few criticisms but lately, we've been starting to see comments on Axl's voice sounding 'weary' and the length of the show (and this might be the first one I've seen to comment on under capacity crowd?).  

I do think they can pat themselves on the backs at the end of this though.  In early 2016, fans and critics alike questioned if they'd last beyond a few weeks never mind nearly two years and I don't think anyone expected the tour to be as hugely successful as it has been.  They've had a good run.

• Like 1