11/02/17 - Detroit, MI - Little Caesars Arena

gunsguy

6 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Yeah, it's a blessing the tour will be wrapping up soon. The reviews until now have been overwhelmingly positive with few criticisms but lately, we've been starting to see comments on Axl's voice sounding 'weary' and the length of the show (and this might be the first one I've seen to comment on under capacity crowd?).  

I do think they can pat themselves on the backs at the end of this though.  In early 2016, fans and critics alike questioned if they'd last beyond a few weeks never mind nearly two years and I don't think anyone expected the tour to be as hugely successful as it has been.  They've had a good run.

In the begginig there was huge question about them playing stadiums only - Are they big enough?

Now,  1.5 year and 1.5 world after - they played in front of mostly sold out venues. Their show is an hour longer than in the beggining... Well, like it or not, we must say - the experiment succeded... :)

18 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Yeah, it's a blessing the tour will be wrapping up soon. The reviews until now have been overwhelmingly positive with few criticisms but lately, we've been starting to see comments on Axl's voice sounding 'weary' and the length of the show (and this might be the first one I've seen to comment on under capacity crowd?).  

I do think they can pat themselves on the backs at the end of this though.  In early 2016, fans and critics alike questioned if they'd last beyond a few weeks never mind nearly two years and I don't think anyone expected the tour to be as hugely successful as it has been.  They've had a good run.

Show was not sold out, but still really crowded. They opened up shitty sections almost behind the stage the week before. Those were sold out, but some of the seats in the $200 lower bowl side sections were empty. Its because those seats are grossly over priced for where they are. 

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

I just read the review. Its not a particularly bad review and I can see where he is coming from. For a casual fan, 3 and a half hours is a LONG show. My friend was getting exhausted, too. For a diehard, its fantastic if you are into what they are doing. They could trim the fat like The Seeker and a jam or two, but after seeing it in person it didn't bother me as much. I think adding/moving another Appetite song after November Rain around the My Michelle slot could have helped a bit. But the pacing was still fine I thought. I know I am biased, for sure lol. I think the "road weary" description is ok, too. Axl wasn't quite as energetic as he was last year, but I've literally seen them at the start of a monster tour (Vegas and Detroit 2016), and now at the very end. Of course singing and running around like that for a year and a half is hard as hell. He did just fine. I just didn't want to get the vibe he was phoning it in, and I certainly didn't. As I said, some songs were even better this year even if he was overall better in 2016. 

Anyways, awesome show. Loved it

@ZoSoRosegreat review! 👍

8 hours ago, KURT19 said:

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/arts-and-entertainment/20171103/review-guns-n-roses-goes-loud-and-too-long-at-little-caesars

The set-list is too bloated making the show too long now and here's a real report of fans leaving early last night. 

I know, I know...they start on-time and there's no opening act and we're getting rarely played CD songs BUT because of the covers and the tributes and the extra CD songs the entire pace of the show is being thrown off.  

There, I said it. :facepalm:

You said, it, I said it and a lot of others have said it.  A couple too many covers and way too many CD songs. I don't care what die hard NuGnR/CD fans say. That is awesome for them but 5 or 6 CD songs is way too many for most. Most people don't know or care about them. It is easy to politely accept or get into 2 or 3 of them  but when you start playing them back to back or two in the encore it is just fucking stupid.  CD the song fits in perfect where it is near the beginning when people are still jacked up but the slow ones that drag are a momentum killer.  I know a lot of people that go to my local shows and there were people that commented on it or left early.  Hell I wanted to leave during the encore my last show when they "treated" us to 2 CD songs in the encore but I am a die hard.  I needed to stay and see Axl and Slash play PC in case it was my last chance.  I don't necessarily  think the length of the show is the issue, it is the set list has too many lulls. The Vegas and Stadium shows last year didn't have this issue. The set list of the Foxboro show last year was great and people were jacked the whole time. Now over a 1/3 of the show are songs that Axl, Slash and Duff never even recorded together. The show I went to a couple weeks ago was still good but it wasn't worth $300 and it was definitely my least favorite of the 6 Guns shows I have seen in my life.  For me it was soley because of the lulls in the set.. For me that was all the CD songs aside from the title track, Black Hole Sun... Wish You Were Here.....

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, downzy said:

Can the people who keep making the same post in every single show thread please stop.  We get it, you don't like the setlist.  This does not need to be repeated in every show thread.  Unless you have something specific to say or were actually at this particular show, please refrain from posting the same tired complaints in every show thread.

Thanks

:headbang:

His voice is definitely sounding tired. There's a reason bands in their 50s and up don't play this many gigs per week. He's still doing a reasonable show, but he could do with a break at this stage. Don't think anyone would hold it against them/him at this point. Plus he was doing double duty for a while there, and who knows! He could have been tinkering in the studio too.

Sure he could pull out a great performance between now and the end of the tour though, it usually happens when people are about to count him out.

14 hours ago, vloors said:

Welcome to the jungle

Paradise City

Live and let die

Used to love her

Estranged

Civil war

Night train

Band Intros Love theme and sweet child

Dont Cry

Thanks to Russ. Prostitute

All videos I could find so far. Not too bad a show at all. 

4 hours ago, downzy said:

Can the people who keep making the same post in every single show thread please stop.  We get it, you don't like the setlist.  This does not need to be repeated in every show thread.  Unless you have something specific to say or were actually at this particular show, please refrain from posting the same tired complaints in every show thread.

Thanks

People are discussing a review of THIS show that reported empty seats and people leaving early... I think the discussions of why is warranted... 

4 hours ago, downzy said:

Thanks

If they were playing a set with zero Chinese I wonder if anyone would go into every show thread to keep a tally of how many Chinese songs they weren't playing and to bitch about Appetite. 

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

People are discussing a review of THIS show that reported empty seats and people leaving early... I think the discussions of why is warranted... 

And that is because of a setlist?  How do you know this?  Could be location, could be public transit issues, could be a lot of things.

That Prostitute is pretty ropey. He messes up a significant number of lines and his voice sounds really ragged and tired. Not surprised and he still gives 100% but after watching a lot of 2002 and 2010 vids today I can't help imagining what he could have done with it then. Really sucks we'll never hear it with the powerful 2002 clean voice plus Bucket. 

I was there and had a blast. It was my 4th NITL show. I scored a front row Center section seat when the VIP tickets came back as “regular”. 

It was great meeting @GoBuckybefore the show (thanks for the beer). It was my first time hearing Prostitute (agreed, with a few flubbed lines) and Yesterday’s live. I thought Axl sounded great and entire band is rolling. The set was long but I can see myself ever complaining about that. 

Mom still amazed at what this band has been able to do in the past 1.5 years. So happy for them and last night is a night I’ll never forget.

my SCOM video 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

One of the streams I was watching last night actually panned the crowd and I was pretty amazed at the number of empty seats. They went from 40,000 In stadiums to not selling out 20,000 seat arenas pretty quick. The Interest In the U.S. Is certainly dwindling. 

3 minutes ago, ironmt said:

One of the streams I was watching last night actually panned the crowd and I was pretty amazed at the number of empty seats. They went from 40,000 In stadiums to not selling out 20,000 seat arenas pretty quick. The Interest In the U.S. Is certainly dwindling. 

I'd say that is more of a $$ thing.  There is still enough interest to fill Arenas.. They should sell out every Arena in minutes but the prices are just too high.. I know a lot of people that didn't go because of ticket prices. Some are/were pretty big Guns fans too. 

• Like 2

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

I'd say that is more of a $$ thing.  There is still enough interest to fill Arenas.. They should sell out every Arena in minutes but the prices are just too high.. I know a lot of people that didn't go because of ticket prices. Some are/were pretty big Guns fans too. 

I would Imagine you are absolutely correct. Ticket prices are extremely expensive. 

38 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

There were plenty of comments about people not knowing half the shit they played

And some people around here still want them to play new songs on this tour. New songs would have the same effect in those who are filling the GIGs as Chinese songs or Illusion's deep cuts.