Black Hole Sun

I hope he doesn't give up on perfecting his BHS and plays it again next show.

The whole band sounded weird... There were some Dizzy add-ons that lasted too long and I didn't like the solo.

Axl should have used the same voice he used for 'Big Shot'. Mickey will never suit a grunge song.

46 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

YEAH, written words can give that impression

and, you know, maybe I should just be happy about my favorite band wasting the (likely only) reunion opportunity that it will ever have by playing with 4 aliens!

four aliens that can not even play the songs copycat style -- like dozens of gnr tribute bands do!

No, they need to add their own personal fills and licks to make the song their own!

you know what?!

lets celebrate the guns n aliens tour instead!

lets be happy about what we have!

lets believe the guitar solo on black hole sun fit the song just fine!

I kinda liked Fortus's solo :shrugs:

2 hours ago, ludurigan said:

He was playing similar to how it was played on the record. They wanted to honor Chris' memory by playing the song and they did. Literally no reason to sit around and turn it into an attack on the band because you didn't like the cover.

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

He was playing similar to how it was played on the record. They wanted to honor Chris' memory by playing the song and they did. Literally no reason to sit around and turn it into an attack on the band because you didn't like the cover.

oh, thanks for telling me what i can and what i can not do on a forum, its just so GNR to tell people what they can say, what they can't say, i personally need that!

ps: . next time i will ask you first! are you available on thursdays? i like to express my opinions on thurdays so i may contact you next thursday to see if it is ok to say what i like over here. thanks in advance!

1 minute ago, ludurigan said:

oh, thanks for telling me what i can and what i can not do on a forum, its just so GNR to tell people what they can say, what they can't say, i personally need that!

ps: . next time i will ask you first! are you available on thursdays? i like to express my opinions on thurdays so i may contact you next thursday to see if it is ok to say what i like over here. thanks in advance!

I never told you that you couldn't post what you want. All I said was that there's no sense in attacking the band because you didn't like the cover. Post all you want friend :)

24 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I never told you that you couldn't post what you want. All I said was that there's no sense in attacking the band because you didn't like the cover. Post all you want friend :)

oh, you never told me that! I must have misread your post! :rofl-lol:

11 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

oh, you never told me that! I must have misread your post! :rofl-lol:

Clearly. It's hard to convey my point over the internet and without tone but in no way was I trying to regulate any of your posts. No more replies from me. Enjoy your week

Edited by Gibson_Guy87

Very cool that they played this song and that they played it this well with such a short time to learn it, hope they can keep it til Paris, would love to hear it live. Bear in mind they played Coma just after that (damn they even played There was a time)... Incredible. Killer setlist. Wonder how Axl manages that at his age.

I'm not going to nitpick shit. Glad they did this. The Paris gig will probably be the last time I see this band live, so I'm going to enjoy every single second of it, perfect or not.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ludurigan said:

this piano and voice idea gave me another idea

it should be a good time for the aliens to have a break?

like richard and melissa and dizzy could go on for a beer? maybe frank could join them? 

cause these guys work really hard and they are so talented that they play so many extra notes and added fills and they must be so tired to add so many creative things on the classic GNR songs and I am sure they are exhausted right now so they surely deserve a beer break during the set or something?

maybe they could do an extended break for the entire set? they surely could use a bit of a rest? maybe roadies could take the guitar and drum parts for this song? or maybe for the entire show? or the entire tour?

these alien guys work so hard and they are so talented and restless. I cant understand why is that axl dont allow them to rest for a full song or a full show or a full tour!

a full tour! they certainly deserve it!

com on axl, give it to them!

Damn it, get over it! 20 years and still not enough? Be happy Slash and Duffy are back, but Richard, Frank and all the others are members of the band now and as such are entitled to bring in their own ideas as long as the rest of the band approves them which seems to be the case. As artists, it's their right and duty to be creative. Richard will never sound like Slash and Frrank willl never sound like Steve, but that's fine. It's their damn right to do their own stuff! If you don't like it, that's fine, too, but once again, get over it! :)

6 hours ago, ludurigan said:

YEAH, written words can give that impression

and, you know, maybe I should just be happy about my favorite band wasting the (likely only) reunion opportunity that it will ever have by playing with 4 aliens!

four aliens that can not even play the songs copycat style -- like dozens of gnr tribute bands do!

No, they need to add their own personal fills and licks to make the song their own!

you know what?!

lets celebrate the guns n aliens tour instead!

lets be happy about what we have!

nice poem

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

I hope it stays in the set, Axl always is one to get more comfortable with things as he goes !
Would love a transcription of what he said pre and post song, anyone? 

Here's what I heard in the video 

"We're gonna try something here..." 

"We wish we were playing this song under better circumstances..." 

That's all I got :shrugs:

• Like 1

I think it was a solid effort- and more importantly a wonderful gesture. Not sure what anyone was really expecting here. Not like after a tribute to a great and well-liked singer people are going to be like: "Amazing! Axl killed it! Chris Cornell who!?!?".:facepalm:

To me they get points for being aware enough to honor a singer and band long-time fans knew they admired- and had significant history with. On to Spain...

7 hours ago, Zurimor said:

Damn it, get over it! 20 years and still not enough? Be happy Slash and Duffy are back, but Richard, Frank and all the others are members of the band now and as such are entitled to bring in their own ideas as long as the rest of the band approves them which seems to be the case. As artists, it's their right and duty to be creative. Richard will never sound like Slash and Frrank willl never sound like Steve, but that's fine. It's their damn right to do their own stuff! If you don't like it, that's fine, too, but once again, get over it! :)

BE HAPPY, DAMN IT! you are not allowed to be miserable about guns n aliens! get over your dreams about GNR, its gone! face the facts! and be happy! frank and richard are members of the band, goddam it! BE HAPPY! NOW! I AM TELLING YOU!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ludurigan said:

BE HAPPY, DAMN IT! you are not allowed to be miserable about guns n aliens! get over your dreams about GNR, its gone! face the facts! and be happy! frank and richard are members of the band, goddam it! BE HAPPY! NOW! I AM TELLING YOU!!!

Exactly, Frank, Richard, etc. are band members and they would be bad artists if they didn't play GN'R songs their own way. If they wanted to do that, they'd play in one of those GN'R cover bands. :lol:

48 minutes ago, Zurimor said:

You don't need to like it, but you can't change the facts. :)

YES, you are correct! FACTS!

they definetely have a say on all band decisions -- no way they are yes-men that do everything axl says like some unhappy people like to say!

they surely make as much money as axl, slash and duff -- no way that they are receiving salaries as some haters like to say!

they definetely have as much big screen time on the live shows -- it was just a coincidence that on the last 389 shows axl, slash and duff were on the screen 90% of the time -- but that doesnt mean anything!

they definetely appear on the promotional material as much as axl, duff and slash!

equal say, equal money, that is a full membership!

can you list some more FACTS that prove the membership for the haters that cant "get over it" and cant "be happy, damn it"?!

(i dont have time to list more FACTS right now, cause i am working on "getting over it" and "being happy, damn it!")

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

As I said it is the Darryl Jones thing. The Stones lost Wyman. Replaced Wyman with somebody who does the exact same job. Does not include him as a full 'Stone'; does not have him in band photos etc etc. In affect The Stones went from a five piece to a four piece!

According to their wikipedia, they're only two members of The Who! Who plays bass and drums one wonders (rhetorical question)?

Legacy acts.

21 minutes ago, action said:

this cover needs more steven adler

i don't know what he does and how he does it, but even Axl sings better with steven behind the kit

I love Steven but Axl is Axl...

honestly I'm ready for Steven to take over. I think this will be Frank's last year with GNR 

• Like 1