What Albums Are You Looking Forward To?

Gordon Comstock

QOTSA - Villains (Already heard the leak and dug it, but the quality is awful and I'm waiting to hear it the way it's meant to be)

Weezer - Pacific Daydream (the last two albums have been good, hopefully this one is too)

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Luciferian Towers

Circa Survive - The Amulet

Mastodon - Cold Dark Place

Death Grips - TBA

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2017 at 9:05 PM, Towelie said:

Bet Tool comes first.

Probably so....but....do we really need another album of 10-12 songs that also sound identical to the other 50 or so they already made? I think that's part of why it takes them so long to make material, there's only so much you can do with the same 3 chords. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hopsin is apparently dropping music on friday (after a 2 month delay) so I'll be optimistic and add Savageville to the albums I'm looking forward to.

I know it came out a few days ago but has anyone heard the new Ensiferum record? @bran @Zeppelin @st0n3r ? I'm just getting a chance to listen to it now, I'm a few tracks in and it's solid so far :headbang:

• Like 1

Bob Dylan has a new Bootleg Series album coming out featuring "the gospel years"

Also on my agenda is the new David Bowie boxset featuring his albums between Low & Scary Monsters coming next week, and the new Primus album The Desaturating Seven:

5 hours ago, Gackt said:

Bob Dylan has a new Bootleg Series album coming out featuring "the gospel years"

I love and will blindly buy every Dylan Bootleg Series they put out. Not really looking forward to this as much because I don't really like this period other than Gotta Serve Somebody. But they might surprise me like they did with Another Self-Portrait. So far this series has never disappointed! 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2017 at 8:39 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

I know it came out a few days ago but has anyone heard the new Ensiferum record? @bran @Zeppelin @st0n3r ? I'm just getting a chance to listen to it now, I'm a few tracks in and it's solid so far :headbang:

I haven't even checked it out yet, but I appreciate the reminder. I've been wrapped up in a few other new releases, so I'll definitely check that out sometime this weekend.

On 19-9-2017 at 2:39 AM, Gordon Comstock said:

Hopsin is apparently dropping music on friday (after a 2 month delay) so I'll be optimistic and add Savageville to the albums I'm looking forward to.

I have it, but didn't find the time to listen to it yet. Looking forward to it, though.

I'm also REALLY looking forward to the new Monster Magnet record later this year.

On 9/18/2017 at 8:39 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

Yeah it is a solid album, better than their last couple that is for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2017 at 8:10 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

Also, @J Dog, TRIAL BY FIRE IS COMING.

I'm ready. I'm digging that song with Barker, they always work good together. Sounds like he's still pushing his sound and going for new things, love that about him.

On 10/10/2017 at 10:48 AM, J Dog said:

I'm ready. I'm digging that song with Barker, they always work good together. Sounds like he's still pushing his sound and going for new things, love that about him.

Yea, I wish he'd do another EP or something with Travis, they're good together (Out Of Control is a solid, underrated track). Punk, to me anyway, has sort of an Arena Rap vibe, but with enough different things going on that I wouldn't say it sounds like any of his old stuff. It would be a killer track if Yela did something for the chorus instead of having Juicy J on there, but I've never been a fan of J anyway.

14 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea, I wish he'd do another EP or something with Travis, they're good together (Out Of Control is a solid, underrated track). Punk, to me anyway, has sort of an Arena Rap vibe, but with enough different things going on that I wouldn't say it sounds like any of his old stuff. It would be a killer track if Yela did something for the chorus instead of having Juicy J on there, but I've never been a fan of J anyway.

Ever seen that Till It's Gone acoustic with Travis? If not you def need to check that out.

Yea I didn't love the Juicy J feature, but liked everything else enough to look forward to it.

8 hours ago, J Dog said:

Ever seen that Till It's Gone acoustic with Travis? If not you def need to check that out.

Yea I didn't love the Juicy J feature, but liked everything else enough to look forward to it.

Yea I really like that acoustic version. Basically any time Yela does a stripped down/acoustic version of something it sounds great.

The song with Kid Rock apparently drops tonight too btw, I saw him do a verse from it live over the summer and I think it'll be awesome, it sounds so much better than Let's Roll based on what I've heard from it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Len Cnut have you seen this yet?

http://askaboutrevival.com/

New Eminem album November 17? That site used to reference Interscope and Universal, and if you call the number listed these are the 'side effects':

• Fleem’s Syndrome
  • Mild to disfiguring acne
  • Brain damage
  • Male pattern baldness (most commonly in women)
  • Rage
  • Decreased appetite
  • Increased appetite
  • Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
  • Gluten sensitivity
  • General feeling of head trauma
  • Softening of fingernails
  • Sudden nut allergies
  • Light-leggedness

The site is full of Eminem references.

:ph34r:

Edited by Gordon Comstock

Looking forward to Morrissey's new album. I really enjoyed his new single, but his inclusion of Joseph Barton was an odd one, considering that man's affiliation with Football clubs that are the complete opposite of what Moz speaks out against.

7 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

@Len Cnut have you seen this yet?

http://askaboutrevival.com/

Reveal hidden contents

New Eminem album November 17? That site used to reference Interscope and Universal, and if you call the number listed these are the 'side effects':

• Fleem’s Syndrome
  • Mild to disfiguring acne
  • Brain damage
  • Male pattern baldness (most commonly in women)
  • Rage
  • Decreased appetite
  • Increased appetite
  • Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
  • Gluten sensitivity
  • General feeling of head trauma
  • Softening of fingernails
  • Sudden nut allergies
  • Light-leggedness

The site is full of Eminem references.

:ph34r:

Yeah I seen that, dunno what all the fuss is about, all this Columbo shit, when it comes out it’ll come out :shrugs:

On 10/26/2017 at 1:38 AM, Len Cnut said:

Yeah I seen that, dunno what all the fuss is about, all this Columbo shit, when it comes out it’ll come out :shrugs:

I thought it was very odd :lol:

----

@J Dog Have you heard Trial By Fire yet? It's so good. I've listened to it about 5-6 times since it leaked last night, and I'll say it's as good as Love Story. My top 3 are Violin, Do For Love, and True To Yourself. Sabrina isn't a favourite but it's definitely a stand out. What do you think of the album?