07/20/17 - NYC - Apollo Theater

alfierose

27 minutes ago, ramsey said:

When he delivers on the "first interview" these guys do for the whole tour then I'll reconsider 

But Axl and Duff already did an interview for Brazil

He's supposed to be a know all rock personality and he didn't know they've been playing yesterday?? That's pretty pathetic IMO

Well, when you're young, dumb and full of cum, this is a dream come true When you're middle aged, "sober",and have your own support system that enable you, it's a different story. But, that's where Al's life is...he marches to the beat of his own drum.

Normal drums say pay tribute to an anniversary 30 years to your fans by doing something you don't have the balls to do. Axl thought Slash alone was it. Glass half full?

Snowflake goals

1 minute ago, Tadsy said:

So this show is basically the same as every other show except slightly longer? And not in a stadium? 

is that correct or am I missing something? 

Pretty much. Its just another NITL show in an intimate venue.

Edited by NicDwolfwood
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

Axl could still sound that way, he does in ac dc, he just chooses not to.

I think he can sound like that at times, however it's much, much more difficult for him to constantly stay in that raspy vocal, at least compared to 2010. Listen to any of his AC/DC or early (chair) 2016 GnR gigs and compare them to Ireland 2010 (since he stood in the same place the entire time)...it's night and day, imo. 

I honestly can't tell how much of it is age vs. desire not to destroy his vocal cords at this point. I recently watched RIR 3 and he sounds very similar at certain times to then...but he's not in his 30's anymore, so I have a feeling he can't just turn it on like a switch anymore (ala 2006/2010)

1 minute ago, gnr>everything said:

I have nothing against Eddie Trunk, but for him to just ramble on with the shit he did is embarrassing. I don't care if he doesn't follow the band as closely as we all do, this was the same show they've been doing for 18 months. And that's not a complaint from me! I'll gladly listen to them perform this set over and over, but let's at least call it what it is.

He could at least do his homework before he starts rambling.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lio said:

Axl's lazy. Have you been to a show?

I have been to at least 10.  And he does not even show up for rehearsals most of the time.

Axl is super lazy, he does not even keep his voice in shape that is why he sounds like shit most of the time.  

How many albums has he put out since 1993?

LOL at not knowing Axl is lazy.

Edited by gnfnr2k

Just now, Tourettes2400 said:

He started off pretty solid the first few songs, but the rest was terrible.

I am talking about Nightrain in particular. I thought he was fine for most of the night. I hear the issues he has in Estranged but I don't hear problems with most other songs to be perfectly honest. 

3 minutes ago, adamwolff11 said:

Okay I like Eddie but he's selling something that didn't exist. Very standard setlist so far. It's good, but standard.

Agreed. He sold this as a can't miss event. But, he doesn't just follow GNR.

This was a boring show, in a smaller venue. But, apparently, the smaller venue makes it cool for a washed up act I guess...

3 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

Sorry if the truth hurts.  Some Gnr fans are so delusional when it comes to Axls singing. 

The guy who sings for 3,5h every third night is lazy and the guy commenting it on his ass behind his computer isnt. Thats borderline crazy logic right there

Edited by xBrownstonex
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, PirateRadio said:

If Axl was in high gear, like he was for a small handful of shows since 2011, this show would be highly regarded by the attendee big wigs who have loud voices in the business. If it was 2010 or 2006 Axl, things could've gotten interesting after this. IF the SOB could've just pulled it off like he did with AC/DC.... Why, my man, why.... Most of AC/DC is easier to sing for a screamer, Guns material is 100x challenging imo, but why in the hell doesn't he just scream GNR like he did in 2010? Sigh

It's 2 totally different things and No artist is gonna risk their voice because fans on a form or fans in general think they should. Axl once commented about how hard some of the songs were to do live because of how he did them in the album version. That was back in his prime years imagine now. I think he sounds great and I'm not gonna be upset if some songs aren't the best. I also doubt he is purposefully doing it cause he doesn't care and care s more about AC/DC like some have suggested. Axl is GnR I doubt he would half arse it.

35 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

Seriously, It would have been cool to listen to Axl playing some verses of In the end or Crawling with the piano, but just that, not doing a full Linkin Park cove

Its not exactly easy to rehearse something you never played and learn it in a matter of hours.