07/20/17 - NYC - Apollo Theater

alfierose

2 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

I'm trying my hardest not to be a whinging c***, but fuck me, I'm going to have one anyway! 

Here goes: 

to fernando, beta, whoever runs this shit show marketing this crap you should be ashamed. 

Months of seeing hints, flyers and what not in Times Square, down town LA about appetite turning 30 and this is what you dish up! 

It's actually worse than not doing anything at all. They make mugs of the fans, like us who follow this band every single day. They promote it as being special but in reality they dish up the same old tripe. They've squandered every opportunity to really give this album and the fans the celebration it's deserved. 

ill cop Izzy and Steven not being on this tour (reluctantly) but this was a chance to do something special, and all they've done us turn up with the same shit they've fed us for 15 months now! It's embarrassing. 

I mean, if this is a case of not being on speaking terms with Izzy... Fix it. Did Axl not learn anything from the slash situation??? Doesn't look like it. And Steven? Well a blatant dislike for him by AXL isn't good enough either. It's a piss poor effort to dish this shit up like another show. That's one thing... But promoting it as special and then making mugs out of everyone is actually worse. 

Couldny muster a fucking interview for 15 months, couldn't be bothered to throw the fans a bone in that time, but happy to take the $188 bucks for a cat c ticket in a stadium 100 metres from the stage for show after show to line their pockets. 

It's embarrassing to say the least, duff and slash are bigger sell outs than I ever thought they were, they've been complicit in this crap too. 

Anyway, fuck it... What's the point. We are going to get 12 months more of NITL and then some sort of version of the same or nothing, and that will be it. 

anyone who thinks new music is coming needs a doctor, get checked out, these pricks can't even play appetite front to back on its 30th birthday, and by the time it's 40, kiss it good bye because these guys will be sitting under a palm tree counting their cash! 

What a missed opportunity. 

rant over

Right on !

1 minute ago, Tadsy said:

I'm trying my hardest not to be a whinging c***, but fuck me, I'm going to have one anyway! 

Here goes: 

to fernando, beta, whoever runs this shit show marketing this crap you should be ashamed. 

Months of seeing hints, flyers and what not in Times Square, down town LA about appetite turning 30 and this is what you dish up! 

It's actually worse than not doing anything at all. They make mugs of the fans, like us who follow this band every single day. They promote it as being special but in reality they dish up the same old tripe. They've squandered every opportunity to really give this album and the fans the celebration it's deserved. 

ill cop Izzy and Steven not being on this tour (reluctantly) but this was a chance to do something special, and all they've done us turn up with the same shit they've fed us for 15 months now! It's embarrassing. 

I mean, if this is a case of not being on speaking terms with Izzy... Fix it. Did Axl not learn anything from the slash situation??? Doesn't look like it. And Steven? Well a blatant dislike for him by AXL isn't good enough either. It's a piss poor effort to dish this shit up like another show. That's one thing... But promoting it as special and then making mugs out of everyone is actually worse. 

Couldny muster a fucking interview for 15 months, couldn't be bothered to throw the fans a bone in that time, but happy to take the $188 bucks for a cat c ticket in a stadium 100 metres from the stage for show after show to line their pockets. 

It's embarrassing to say the least, duff and slash are bigger sell outs than I ever thought they were, they've been complicit in this crap too. 

Anyway, fuck it... What's the point. We are going to get 12 months more of NITL and then some sort of version of the same or nothing, and that will be it. 

anyone who thinks new music is coming needs a doctor, get checked out, these pricks can't even play appetite front to back on its 30th birthday, and by the time it's 40, kiss it good bye because these guys will be sitting under a palm tree counting their cash! 

rant over

Yeah it would've been way better to hear freakin Anything goes than to hear them play their hearts out on the entire catalog.

Ask the attendees and the realistic and happy folks who enjoyed this live on Sirius if it was a missed opportunity? I can't wait to see the fantastic reviews tomorrow and all the hype and energy they bring with them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Robert39 said:

setlist anyone?

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Welcome to the Jungle
Chinese Democracy
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live And Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory/A New Rose (Duff)
This I Love
Civil War
Yesterdays
Coma
Godfather Theme (Slash)
Sweet Child O' Mine
My Michelle
Whole Lot of Rosie
Wish You Were Here/Layla
November Rain
Black Hole Sun
Only Women Bleed
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain

Encore
Sorry
Patience
The Seeker
Paradise City

1 minute ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Yeah it would've been way better to hear freakin Anything goes than to hear them play their hearts out on the entire catalog.

Ask the attendees and the realistic and happy folks who enjoyed this live on Sirius if it was a missed opportunity? I can't wait to see the fantastic reviews tomorrow and all the hype and energy they bring with them. 

I'm not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing. 

Either way, it was a show that was supposed to be different, and celebrate AFD 30, I don't see how that's happebed at all??

Just now, bc rich said:

This show was enough to put any potential ticket buyers off!

Happy birthday Appetite my a$s

The #1 rock tour on planet earth says otherwise. This will do nothing but raise awareness of how awesome the show is, and probably wind up extending the tour a bit longer.

• Like 1

Just now, Tadsy said:

I'm not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing. 

Either way, it was a show that was supposed to be different, and celebrate AFD 30, I don't see how that's happebed at all??

Who exactly said it would be different?

3 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

Here goes: 

rant over

Amen. 

duff and slash are bigger sell outs than I ever thought they were, they've been complicit in this crap too. 

I respect Axl way more post-NITL. Duff and Slash have zero cred. Sellouts is putting it mildly. 

• Like 2

People have a right to be pissed and upset about this show. I missed most of the gig, but apparently the band sounded great. Which is great, really! That alone really is wonderful! But why so much hype about this show, this venue, this date, hyping the 30th anniversary of Appetite...for it to be literally the same as any other NITL show? AFD is the #1 best selling debut album of all-time. I just wish there wasn't so much press and marketing to only get the fans' hopes up when there was literally no change other than the venue and the type of crowd. 

• Like 2

I'm not really sure how much this concert moves tickets either way.  It was a fun way to hear a soundboard broadcast show.  Was it perfect?  No.  But for those listening to their radio at 1:30am in the morning, I'm not sure how much this show moves them in either direction.  

• Like 1