07/20/17 - NYC - Apollo Theater

alfierose

Just now, Tourettes2400 said:

My recording fucked up so I just deleted it. Looking forward to everyone else to record it.

Mine seems to be work fine, glad to know that the compressor thing wasn't only happening to me, just hope it doesn't freeze or anything when I press stop on audacity

Just now, Billsfan said:

Agreed. He sold this as a can't miss event. But, he doesn't just follow GNR.

This was a boring show, in a smaller venue. But, apparently, the smaller venue makes it cool for a washed up act I guess...

Washed up but the #1 rock tour in the freakin world. 

2 minutes ago, Crazyman said:

I think he can sound like that at times, however it's much, much more difficult for him to constantly stay in that raspy vocal, at least compared to 2010. Listen to any of his AC/DC or early (chair) 2016 GnR gigs and compare them to Ireland 2010 (since he stood in the same place the entire time)...it's night and day, imo. 

I honestly can't tell how much of it is age vs. desire not to destroy his vocal cords at this point. I recently watched RIR 3 and he sounds very similar at certain times to then...but he's not in his 30's anymore, so I have a feeling he can't just turn it on like a switch anymore (ala 2006/2010)

he sings in full on rasp for the whole AC DC show. He can do it.  itsw all about Axl being lazy when it comes to GNR.  And other sings Axl age have rasp and can use it. cornell before he died was a perfect example.

Axl does not keep his voice in shape for GNR.