07/20/17 - NYC - Apollo Theater

alfierose

Just now, gnfnr2k said:

This is a soundboard, its how Axl really  sounds.  The reason some people think he sounds good when they are at shows is because of all the people singing around them drown out Axl.

When ever you get a sound board or in ear monitor recording you hear how bad he sounds. Axl half asses singing in GNR. That is a fact.  I love how people try to make excuses for Axls singing.

Not sure how any examples you need of him singing in GNR. He sounds great in AC DC and like shit in GNR.  

There Is no doubt about It. He was phenomenal In AC/DC and I guarantee you that If he was to perform with them tomorrow night he would sound just like he did when he performed with them last. For whatever reason he Is going to continue singing his own material In a voice that Is hardly recognizable. I can't Imagine anyone Introducing a stranger to the band In hopes of attracting them as a permanent fan and using live versions of songs like Sweet Child O Mine, Yesterdays, My Michelle, You Could Be Mine, November Rain and Paradise City. I miss the days of not having to skip half of the setlist. 

Just now, GN'R MEX said:

u can post the show on mega? i started to record the show since the godfather theme :(

No I use Google drive - that's much better...but now I gotta get some sleep before I will upload the complete recording!

Just now, TheSeeker said:

Without reading anyone else's opinion:

Great show. Close to the longest ever?

Axl's voice is very close to 2006 - he's using falsetto when he feels he has to, but at least he's hitting the notes. I give him a solid 8/10.

Not even close to the longest it was only 3 hours, the longest ever was like 4 hours 20 mins

4 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Great show, great vocals from Axl, and now we have an entire soundboard quality concert.

PS- If they played more Appetite songs people would just bitch that Steven and Izzy aren't there playing them.

People (like me) are bitchin about it legitimately anyway. 

1 minute ago, TheSeeker said:

Without reading anyone else's opinion:

Great show. Close to the longest ever?

Axl's voice is very close to 2006 - he's using falsetto when he feels he has to, but at least he's hitting the notes. I give him a solid 8/10.

As long as you enjoyed It, that's all that matters.

8 minutes ago, NachoLZ said:

how are they so stuck in their show structure, they dont even mention anything afd30 related, they dont even say shit to the crowd, not even surprises, what the fuck...

Because they're corporate rockers now. Just show up, play the gig, and then dive into a mountain of cash. Maybe Duff can buy a new yacht after these NA shows wrap up. 

• Like 1