THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

1 minute ago, EvanG said:

Louis van Gaal once said that they should replace penalties by corner stats. That way Spain would have won this match, and it would have been a lot more fair.

Nah, they played like Pep's Bayern. Just pass, pass, pass and rarely ever attack. Tiki taka is as boring to me as teams that park the bus for 90 minutes.

• Like 2

Just now, AtariLegend said:

Nah, they played like Pep's Bayern. Just pass, pass, pass and rarely ever attack. Tiki taka is as boring to me as teams that park the bus for 90 minutes.

Spain wasn't great, they didn't play fast enough, but they were still better than Russia.

I love it when underdogs win :) Haven't seen the whole match, but seems like Spain dominated, but sucked as well. All the big favourites that went out, hadn't really shown anything worthy of their reputation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I will root for Uruguay until wherever they get and then I'll find another underdog, unless it is two big ones and I'll pick based on either their culture and/or politics.

Yeah, that's me mixing it all up :lol:

I will root for Brasil and anyone against the frogs! So go Uruguay!

1 minute ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

I will root for Brasil and anyone against the frogs! So go Uruguay!

I dislike Brazil and they have too many WC, it gets boring at some point! :P

No feelings for the nordic teams, they are all so dull to me. Lol. I'll see what I do.

5 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

I turned 30 a few weeks ago, but the BBC constantly going on about vets and people, being no spring chicken is really depressing during this tourny.

That's why I prefer tennis, the big four are all in their 30s, Federer even almost 37 and still at the top.